Fiat Punto Dynamic 2012 | Delivery and Ownership Experience - Valentine's Special

Thread Starter #1
Choice for Punto, How?!
I was a car fantic basically apart from my work and i was a maruti 800 owner initially. Carzy! It was 1991 model which i loved a lot. Wanted to buy a fantastic car which i can afford. (Should keep in mind how much i can afford?!)

My first choice was Tata Manza!! I didn't know. I though i wanted to buy a sedan, so thought of going for as it's cheap. Then some days of seeing Manza in road, i use to get excited and call my friends to say "See manza [lol]" My friends never showed any interest as they say the quality of the tata will be less comparing to others. But i disagree (not totally, just for forum ethics atleast).

Then my heart said 'go for linea' when it has the same engine as Manza has. But a bit costly. I felt poor when i got the price quotation. [frustration]

At this point, i decided to go for small cars. Hatchback is not disadvantage, i learnt it. Atleast for a middle man. yes, Hatchback cars doesn't have big space, but there is, if you are not regular flight traveller. yes it is. For normal sedan, the boot space will be 400 litres. And the hatchback average space is 300 litres (I'm not talking about Maruti Swift, it's space is impractical)

So my choices are Toyota Liva (First one to choose for this segament as good mileage), Ford figo, Fiat punto, Maruti swift and Hyundai i20, VW Polo.

When i took a test drive and drove the Toyota Liva, I felt it a good family car, but engine was crying bad when i pull more to in the highway. Pick up was real bad. (That happens for Punto below 2000 rpm because of only engine weight and not a bad engine) I heard from the owners that the mileage is fantastic. Not sure about the service. They are good engine providers like corrola, innova. Not sure why a sluggish thing now just to increase the mileage. But yes, a economic car who loves just to drive and not race.

While the Maruti was not a highway car when you have luggage while travel with five inside the car. Maruti have to seriously give option drive the car in higway also. The boot space is very less. But people still book that for the fuel efficiency. Swift uses Fiat engine, but still the difference of mileage between Fiat and swift is, Fiat have the thick body for safety and wonderful high speed dynamics. Swift body is thin and bulky with glasses also thin in the new Swift, just to make sure it gives more mileage than before. I don't complain, but this is bad that the boot space of the old swift is 232 litres and the new one is 210 litres. But a City car, who droves to office daily (I say about diesel car) Economic!!

Ford figo, Simply i didnt like the shape. Small also. (I park my new fiat punto next to Ford fugo and i know how small Figo is than the punto) Engine and mileage everything is great. but the maintance cost what i heard is high. I saw the power of Figo once i was driving the i10 from Trichy to Bangalore. Yes it is. But i didn't like. Ford fans! I'm sorry (Though i'm not a fiatian that time)

Ah, Hyundai i20 - Shape is good, Spacious, Interiors are good. But costly in the segment. But surprisingly the car when throttles more than 3000 rpm, not so smooth and the steering is shivering!! :) I feel a big sluggish sensation. But again those drive a normal and below 120, can definately go for i20, it's a very nice car by all aspects except the price for each variant.

Wow, VW Polo, Awesome looks, Very decent interiors. but when saw the quatation, Simply not interested.. And when drove the car, Power is not enough. 3 cylinder peppy engine which can be driven in the city and can get a decetn mileage and thats a blog news and not proven. I dropped it while i step out of VW showroom itself.

And now the Punto, looks Excellent. Punto is only car, when seen from any angle, looks great. And the engine. .Its a fantastic engines of all time. You will feel the power when you drive in highway. I did a test drive and throttled to a speed of 160 and no shake and nothing. I was testing this car in the Hosur road and i felt Punto is the one. [clap] Such a high speed dynamics, Steering and gearbox looked very stable with shocks really good. Since i drove all the above cars, I can really say this is the one, who is a driver centric person. If you are person who loves to do road trip, enjoyes driving must try this car. So i have choosen one.

Delivery Experience;
I went to book the car in the Prerana motors, Sarjapur road, bangalore. Showroom is okay kind of, i also heard they are going to close this showroom and move to Lalbaug rd. But i thought concorde is not giving a good deal, so chose prerana. And it was fine, they are giving good freebies. usual ones! Mud flop, 3m sun film, wheel cups, mats, etc
After booking the car, I was eagerly waiting for the delivery. While the loan process and invoice was going on.
I got a call once the car is going to registered in RTO office. And i know next day they will deliever to me. When went to showroom, I saw the black beauty shining. I finished the formalities and took the car delivered.

The sales man explained about the features inside the car, i was happy on all that and i gave a good feedback and ratings in the form provided by them.

once i statr the ignition and leave the showroom, I noticed the wheel alignement is not done properly,. I lost all my enthusiasm that time itself. The steering is pulling the drive left side.. its not a defect i agree but a check that is not done while doing PDI. I told the sales man, and he asked me to come on monday as i was taking delivery on saturday evening.
I called him monday morning and he asked me to come in the evening. When i took the car to go to office, i noticed AC is also not working. I was frustrated. I was not satisfied with the replies, as i already hold a pain of buying a car which is not checked properly with paying a huge money to get a car. I wanted to escalate this. I called the prerana sales -head and told my queries and he addressed it very quickly. I got several calls from sales guys and i'm asked to come immediately. And they took the car to workship.. i accompanied them, i didn't want to leave my love alone.. (That was on valentine's day you know :D )

I should mention this as a must.. I see lot of people saying After sales service is worst. Not at all.. Surprisingly, i visited the tata workshop in kudlugate. The Workshop manager Mr. Suresh was excellent in welcoming. he lend his ears to listen to all my queries and the bad feeling i got for the new car. He was pleasing to me and asked me to wait and asked the workshop guys to fix it so quickly and the car is all mine with neat looks and fantastic feeling it was to see my car without any defects.

I'm a fiatian!!! (Proud feeling)

Regards,
Prem

Last edited:
Re: Fiat Punto Dynamic 2012 | Delivery exp & Initial ownership - Valentine's special

Congrats on your new car buddy. A couple of things, Fiat Punto is one of the sexiest hatches in India today & there are no second thougts about it. But car giving problem right from day one is a bad sign.I'm glad Fiat took care of it but I rather not go to the workshop in the first place! Did you check the VIN no? whats the manufacturing date of the car? Another thing, theres no model in the market as Fugo, its Ford Figo. Thought i should point it out to you since yov'e mentioned it in a number of places.

Cheers

jazzy

Thread Starter #4
Re: Fiat Punto Dynamic 2012 | Delivery exp & Initial ownership - Valentine's special

Congrats on your new car buddy. A couple of things, Fiat Punto is one of the sexiest hatches in India today & there are no second thougts about it. But car giving problem right from day one is a bad sign.I'm glad Fiat took care of it but I rather not go to the workshop in the first place! Did you check the VIN no? whats the manufacturing date of the car? Another thing, theres no model in the market as Fugo, its Ford Figo. Thought i should point it out to you since yov'e mentioned it in a number of places.

Cheers

jazzy
Hi Dude.. I checked the VIN Number.. its brand new.. The manunfacturing date is 2nd Jan 2012.

Hi Prem,

Congrats for your New Punto [:)]

I just wanted to know the On Road Price for it and if you were planning any future mods for your car.

Would love to hear your ideas.

Congrats! Punto is a great small car with a dynamics of a bigger car.

Some pictures would be nice.

And they took the car to workship.. i accompanied them, i didn't want to leave my love alone.. (That was on valentine's day you know :D )
Now you know what kind of people buy Fiats[clap] !

Another one joins the league! [:)] You are sure to be feeling proud of the vehicle. It would not disappoint at all. But buddy where are the pics??

Congrats buddy for your new beauty! Yes as everyone, am also waiting for the pics. Especially the interiors. Wish you happy motoring miles ahead [drive]

Top Bottom