Fiat Punto Abarth Now Launched at Rs.9.95 Lacs

Looking To Buy Fiat Punto. When's Abarth / 2014 Model Coming To India?

Hi Fellows,

With news about Fiat Punto Abarth & Punto 2014 coming to India spreading slowly @ net, I would need inputs in respect of undermentioned:

A) There are different versions : One say it will be CBU and hence over 15-20 Lakhs. Others say it will be locally made under 10 Lakhs.

B) My brother is gearing up for Punto Sport version. However, biggest worry was Poor Gear changes & Interiors. Have heard that new 2014 Variants are coming. Any info. if those would include changes to improve these i.e. Gear Box and Interiors.

Also would appreciate if someone has information about timing of launch.

Bottomline is to ask, HOLD or BUY now.

Re: Need info @Fiat Punto Abarth and Punto 2014 Launch in India

Timely topic. Am too waiting for the new launches of 2014 and I hold my thought of buying i20 for now. Looking forward. [:)]

Fiat will probably launch the Punto Abarth at the Auto Expo 2014,I expect pricing to be in the 8-11 lacs range.There's a new Linea coming with the improved interiors and Fiat may carry the changes to the 2014 Punto as well,but quite frankly I only expect a couple of feature addition to the 2014 Punto.
On another note,your brother can also test the Polo GT TDI which offers better interiors and performance than the Punto sport.

The simple answer to your question is: If you can wait till Auto Expo 2014 or may be even couple of months more then hold back your decision. If you feel that 6-7 months from now will be too much then go ahead & buy Punto Sport/Polo GT TDI.
I am saying this because of two reasons,
1. For many new launches, curtains will only be lifted during Auto Expo. Till then it will be difficult to get concrete info about all.
2. Don't expect all new models to get 'launched" during Auto Expo. Definitely all new models will be “showcased”. But remember Auto industry is going through bad patch & OEMs are in cautious mode about new launches. So even if you like some of the new model, your wait may stretch longer.

Having said this, I would prefer to wait till Auto Expo & then take a call to order what is immediately available on the platter.

Regarding Punto Abarth, I know following details from my source,
1. Punto Abarth will be a Punto T-Jet in nutshell. It will be priced in the range of Polo 1.2 TSI. The manual transmission will be the same as that of current one (C549); albeit revised gear ratios for T-Jet Engine. Fiat is still toying with the idea of dual clutch automatic (as an option) but it’s a possibility; not confirmed yet.
2. Fiat is wise enough to know, that they won't be able to fetch decent numbers for anything upwards of 10L with name plate of Punto or even Punto Abarth. So don't expect anything extravagant (read new powertrains). As mentioned, it’s going to be Punto with T-Jet engine (already doing duty on Linea). Also there will be some optional performance accessories. Note that Punto is around 120-140 kgs lighter than Linea, so 114ps T-Jet on Punto is capable to give you adrenaline rush. Also the same engine, with new ECU mapping can be tuned for good 130ps. So this car can’t be underestimated. Fiat can blew away Polo TSI in one stroke; & I pray, they should :biggrin: . BUT after all it’s going to be petrol. If you are dreaming for 1.6MJD then, just forget it. [frustration]

Last edited:
re: Scoop! Fiat Punto Abarth Spotted in India,Edit: Launched at 9.95 Lacs

Indian Punto Evo Abrath:

Specs:

Engine - 1.4l t-Jet
Power - bhp at 5500 rpm
Torque - 21.57kgm at 2000-4000rpm
Transmission - 5 speed manual

Dimensions:

Length - 3989 mm
Width - 1687 mm
Height - 1505 mm
Wheel base - 2510 mm
Ground clearance - 155 mm

Wheels - 16-inch alloy

Tyre's - 195/55 R16

Suspension:

Front - Independent, coil springs, stabilizer bar
Rear - Torsion beam, Stabilizer bar

Brakes:

Front - Disc
Rear - Disc

Source: Best Car News and Reviews | Upcoming Car and Bikes in India | Autocar India

Attachments

Fiat Abarth Punto and Aventura launcched at 9.95 lacs ex showroom Delhi. It is VFM for what it offers 145 Hp engine.

It's official !! Fiat Punto Evo Abarth and Avventura Abarth launched at 9.95 lakhs Ex-Delhi.They offer 1.4 Tjet with 145hp state , lowered GC of 20 mm(155 for Punto and 180 for Avventura) , stiffened suspension , cosmetic changes, 16 inch wheels, Sport pedals etc.Available in 2 colors .

What do you guys think of these Abarths pricing??

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Got my official copy of the FIAT Abarth Punto EVO technical specs. It has been finally launched[clap]

20151019_134417.jpg

In case of Re-use, full credit needs to be given to TAI.​

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

Attaching the official press release of the Abarth Punto launch held today.

FCA-abarth-punto-fiat-avventura-launch-press-release.jpg

FCA-abarth-punto-fiat-avventura-launch-press-release-1.jpg

FCA-abarth-punto-fiat-avventura-launch-press-release-2.jpg

Official

Regards

Akash

Re: Scoop! Fiat Punto Abarth Spotted in India,Edit: Launched at 9.95 Lacs

Putting aside everything, I am trying to make out who exactly the buyer is?

There will be many going gaga over the figures, will visit Fiat dealership and speak thousands of good words having an adrenaline loaded TD. What after that? As usual, they will return home smiling in their new Maruti or Hyundai [sleep]

I really doubt if these Abarth versions will add any considerable numbers to the sales and single digit or maybe double digit sales of these Abarth versions wont surprise me at all (In long run I mean, not the initial months).

Re: Scoop! Fiat Punto Abarth Spotted in India,Edit: Launched at 9.95 Lacs

Putting aside everything, I am trying to make out who exactly the buyer is?

There will be many going gaga over the figures, will visit Fiat dealership and speak thousands of good words having an adrenaline loaded TD. What after that? As usual, they will return home smiling in their new Maruti or Hyundai [sleep]

I really doubt if these Abarth versions will add any considerable numbers to the sales and single digit or maybe double digit sales of these Abarth versions wont surprise me at all (In long run I mean, not the initial months).
Fiat would be stupid to expect massive volumes (even upwards of 300 per month) for Abarth Avvy/Punto. They are merely doing some brand building here. But it will help if they also influence the Automags in the right fashion. Else you will have someone comparing a commuter hatch like I20 or Jazz with the Abarthified Punto/Avvy and then declaring those as winners basis of mileage , practicality and features [cry][cry] Every one needs to step up their Automotive quotient to appreciate the nature of such cars.

Top Bottom