Fiat Palio SDX for 4.39L should I go for it?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
Came to know about the offer yesterday. Today called a tata-Fiat dealer to cross check. To my surprise it is true. Fiat is offering huge discount on Palio. Cost of SDX is 4.39L on road including extended warranty, road side assistance, free insurance. Booking amount is 50K and waiting period 45-60 days. It will be a BS3 model.

Now in huge dilemma should I go for it or not?
points which are in favor are:
1. A good car at very cheap price.
2. Proven multijet engine
3. Good Italian looks
4. It will be a 2010 model (Confirmed with dealer)

and the against are:
1. Heard that Palio is going to be discontinued
2. if point 1 is true what about spare part and ASS.

If Fiat is going to discontinue Palio why they are taking the orders with such offers?

What you think? Should I go for it?

I say go for it. Even I have suggested this to one of my close friend.
Yes Palio might get discontinued in future, but with current price it just excellent deal. Since its going to be sold through TASS, don't worry much about spares, yes there could be some delay in future, but this is small issue compared to advantages.
Also, this offer is not to clear the existing stock, as you already mentioned its kind a order to build, so model will be 2010.

huh,

Want made you think so?? [surprise]

i guess SDX is the top end one. 4.39L is a decent price dude.
You get huge corporate discount. I got nearly 30K when i inquired a yeah back.

I somehow feel this is too expensive.

AMG

Suspended
This is also the oldest car you can buy currently.
And this is also going to be phased out soon.
So very poor resale.

Hi,
Came to know about the offer yesterday. Today called a tata-Fiat dealer to cross check. To my surprise it is true. Fiat is offering huge discount on Palio. Cost of SDX is 4.39L on road including extended warranty, road side assistance, free insurance. Booking amount is 50K and waiting period 45-60 days. It will be a BS3 model.

Now in huge dilemma should I go for it or not?
points which are in favor are:
1. A good car at very cheap price.
2. Proven multijet engine
3. Good Italian looks
4. It will be a 2010 model (Confirmed with dealer)

and the against are:
1. Heard that Palio is going to be discontinued
2. if point 1 is true what about spare part and ASS.

If Fiat is going to discontinue Palio why they are taking the orders with such offers?

What you think? Should I go for it?
As far as engine is concerned will not be out of market for more years to come and yes if this start selling at this price then there is nothing to worry because I might also buy anyday like anybody for the reason of VFM.
But is it BS 4 model is doubtful as I am reading through many forums and still not confirmed about it though Fiat CEO had mentioned about selling Palio still in the market but dealers here in Delhi are not taking any order for BS 4.
Doubt remains in my mind.

Nothing has conformed for its phase out and just rumor, but highly possible.

So very poor resale.
Yeah if you buy a car just for resale, this is not for you. But you would never get a nice car (yes it better than most of the basic diesel car in India) at this price.

Go ahead, its a great offer. But beware. One customer in Bangalore was sold a repainted car. Wait a minute. 45-60 days time, Rs 50k adv., free insurance, maintanence BS3 etc.? All this sounds familiar to the stock clearance offers. Isn't Pune a BS4 city? Well, might be that this car is from stock. Confirm the month.

Your points are correct and was initial feeling amongst people. But it is confirmed that its not a stock clearance and its order-to-build, so 45-60 days.
Yes the Palio is not BS4 complaint and it would be registered to nearest place, outside the city limit, dealers are helping for this.

Fiat was able to clear all 2009 and previous Palio stock.

Nobody knows.
I think their plan to phase out this (but not soon), once their new small car comes into market. Till then they judging how people would take it if the prices are reduced.
As per some informations, Fiat is already got 700+ bookings for Palio 2010 version.

Hi SandeepK, I think this is a VFM option and you can go for this following reasons (Pros):

1. This is a very solid car
2. You have the trusted and proved engine, which is going to be there and you will not face any issue in maintaining this.
3. TASS is improving every other day. So no worries on that part.
4. Cheapest car to won and run.
5. very practical design

Cons:

1. Slightly old design.
2. FIAT may discontinue this model in another 1 year or so. However, that is true with any other car!

Also suggest to go for some alloys with the money you are saving. That will look really nice on this car. If you are fully aware of what you are doing, then you will never regret for buying this [thumbswink]

Top Bottom