2.Will I buy another Fiat-No
3.Why- indifference from manufacturer .
4.What do I mean -Read from 1. again.
1.Do I know about fiat-Yes very much Indeed
2.Will I buy another Fiat-Yes
3.Why- just love it
4.What do I mean -Read from 1. again
[clap]

I dint know anything about FIAT Uno's fate before I bought PUnto.So Rightnow's statement that people may not know about FIAT's horrific history is somewhat correect

Re: Fiat Going To Launch Updated Linea T-Jet in March

Na.Na. The major chunk of common junta still do not evaluate the car purchase to that extent.

Forums have still a long way to go in making differences to a car makers sales. Take these numbers:

Total members on TAI: 8451
Assume 10 more forums like TAI then total members on auto forums: 84510
Total car sales: lets assume average of 1.6 lac per month then per annum car sales is approx.- 12*160000= 1920000

Ratio of forum members to sales= 84510/1920000= 4.4%

How effective do you think these forum members would have been in helping 1920000 car buyers to make informed decision. Almost negligible.

sources: (The Automotive India – Car and Bike Forums, Car sales drop 19%, SIAM seeks govt help | Business Standard, January 2013 Sales Figures and Analysis | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews)
Fine,we have atleast 84510 clever people.
And the others fall on cheap advt tricks to buy a car.
And do suzuki sells on these tricks too?

Cars sells on reliability on the company and the product if fiat is not selling then the people do not think they are reliable,
reliability never comes with cheap advt tricks.
Now india's literacy rate is much higher than before.

@dharmesh,

It is always good to know the history of a car company before buying a product from it as we are spending lacks on it.

Last edited:

And do suzuki sells on these tricks too?
Cars sells on reliability on the company and the product if fiat is not selling then the people do not think they are reliable, reliability never comes with cheap advt tricks.
Now india's literacy rate is much higher than before.
Yaar, you are discussing within your comfort level.
Leave it.

Tell me what do you recommend FIAT to sell more?

Yaar, you are discussing within your comfort level.
Leave it.

Tell me what do you recommend FIAT to sell more?
Fiat is not selling because of the pricing and the higher maintenance cost and scarcity of the spares in the local market.
If they open genuine spares shops as maruti have now then there is a chance of increase in sales.
People know fiat has reliable products but are afraid to buy because of the high maintenance cost and un availability of the spares.
As we all know the dealers are charging high as they know that the maintenance cannot be done outside.
These new generation cars are totally maintenance free other than the filters and oils.

Engine flushing 1000k,have any one heard that?
Punto uses a fully synthetic oil,is there any need to flush an engine which uses a synthetic oil which has done only 30000kms?
A dealer back here recommended this to me,that comes in maintenance cost too.

This one was posted early in the thread sorry for repeating.

Fiat is not selling because of the pricing and the higher maintenance cost and scarcity of the spares in the local market.
If they open genuine spares shops as maruti have now then there is a chance of increase in sales.
People know fiat has reliable products but are afraid to buy because of the high maintenance cost and un availability of the spares.
As we all know the dealers are charging high as they know that the maintenance cannot be done outside.
These new generation cars are totally maintenance free other than the filters and oils.

Engine flushing 1000k,have any one heard that?
Punto uses a fully synthetic oil,is there any need to flush an engine which uses a synthetic oil which has done only 30000kms?
A dealer back here recommended this to me,that comes in maintenance cost too.

This one was posted early in the thread sorry for repeating.
Poor technical know how of servicing fiat car at Fiat service technician is worst let down. I dont dare to. So I say Indifference of manufacturer, poor training to technical side,lack of facilities nonetheless overall impression is pathetic .

^is'nt that supposed to change with fiat parting ways with tata?

High maintenance cost in FIAT is rare to hear. As far as my knowledge is concerned, the maintenance is fairly economical. Spare parts availability should improve as their cars sell more.

What all I am saying is, people don't even step into a FIAT showrooms, let aside evaluating their cars. Now see the irony that people visit TATA-FIAT and see TATA an FIAT cars placed parallel, but still ignore the latter. Why because they don't know what substance lies in the brand FIAT.
Believe me coz recently in last couple of years many of my friends have got new cars, and not even at one instance I have heard them say 'FIAT'.

FIAT has failed to imbibe a fresh perception in the buyer's mind today.

I am only advocating for FIAT coz I believe they make good cars that handle well and show a disciplined character on road, which I think, is sort of gift in Indian context.

High maintenance cost in FIAT is rare to hear. As far as my knowledge is concerned, the maintenance is fairly economical. Spare parts availability should improve as their cars sell more.

What all I am saying is, people don't even step into a FIAT showrooms, let aside evaluating their cars. Now see the irony that people visit TATA-FIAT and see TATA an FIAT cars placed parallel, but still ignore the latter. Why because they don't know what substance lies in the brand FIAT.
Believe me coz recently in last couple of years many of my friends have got new cars, and not even at one instance I have heard them say 'FIAT'.

FIAT has failed to imbibe a fresh perception in the buyer's mind today.

I am only advocating for FIAT coz I believe they make good cars that handle well and show a disciplined character on road, which I think, is sort of gift in Indian context.
High maintenance cost on fiat is it rarely heard?
Do you want me to give a list on comparison of fiat's spares to other cars on cost?

Well your views, may me lack of advt as you said.
let they work on all departments.

High maintenance cost on fiat is it rarely heard?
Do you want me to give a list on comparison of fiat's spares to other cars on cost?
Yeah I would like to see.
The sheet I have for spares shows that only Maruti (swift and ritz) cars are lower, and FIAT falls comfortable in the range of vista, i20 and even lesser than European cars.

Yeah I would like to see.
The sheet I have for spares shows that only Maruti (swift and ritz) cars are lower, and FIAT falls comfortable in the range of vista, i20 and even lesser than European cars.
Maruti sells MGP spares on their special outlets for their cars and that is why the dealers are afraid to charge it more from us and so the maintenance cost is cheaper.
Brother try to understand what i am trying to say please.

please compare with the best seller.

Fiat spare parts are costly compared to Tata but par with Hyundai and much economical than VW or skoda I dont know about Toyota.

true ,fiat charge a premium as car they offer is not for mass market. Both Punto and linea fall in premium caregory if Palio stile is excluded.

The fact is fiat hasnt been able to express what they are good at but enthusiasts and petrol heads know about it.
In laymans knowledge fiat sells a sluggish bulky car with cramped interiors high on niggles and moderate fuel efficiency.can anybody deny?

Last edited:

Maruti sells MGP spares on their special outlets for their cars and that is why the dealers are afraid to charge it more from us and so the maintenance cost is cheaper.
Brother try to understand what i am trying to say please.
please compare with the best seller.
Comparing with Maruti would be highly ambitious for FIAT, for any car maker actually.
The catch is that FIAT is not selling in spite of at par maintenance cost w.r.t competition. What do you have to say about that?

The fact is fiat hasnt been able to express what they are good at but enthusiasts and petrol heads know about it.
Exactly that's what I say. FIAT hasn't made a favorable perception amongst the common junta.

About you earlier comment on the number of visitors more than the members on TAI (or any other forum)- Looking at the enthusiasm and good words about FIAT cars on auto forums, the visitors should have been all the more impressed with FIAT. But that doesn't seem to be the case. FIAT sales have not been encouraging no matter what.

@rightnow

What is your point?
Are you pointing out that high maintenance cost is not a criteria on sales?
I really did not get your point,

Maruti caters from reputed spare making companies for their spares.
Eg. Brake pad, in a MGP pack we may find a pad of TVS or that of KBX these are the major brake pad/liner manufactures in india,
Belts they use fenner or some other best belt makers.
These pads and belts cost less than original suzuki spares resulting in lesser maintenance cost.
TATA do the same resulting in lesser maintenance cost.

Last edited:

These KBX and TVS are available on their own packs at a much lesser cost.
And so the maintenance cost gets much cheaper out side the dealer.
Personally me myself prefer to buy a reliable and cheaper maintenance/spare car.
At maruti suzuki's sales it reflects that i am not the one who is buying a maruti car on this criteria.

Last edited:

Top Bottom