Fiat Linea T-Jet: A Quick Test Drive

Thread Starter #31
i think combination of disc and drum suits better to India and Indian condition.

disc brakes remain open to dirt and water so when they are wet, efficiency decrease very much. they become inconsistent at rain or while moving through sandy routes.

drum brakes are almost 90 percent sealed so they are much immune to external factors hence could be much better for consistency.

so all four disc brakes should be good for sports and competitive vehicles which would be used for strict and known conditions.

for general commutation combination brakes could be desirable.
With all due respect for your views, this should hold true for front disc as well, irrespective of whether they belong to a normal sedan or a sports car.
Then by that logic a car in India (whether a Bugatti Jag or a Swift) should all come with only drum brakes.
The fact that all 4 disc brakes make the braking of Linea TJET super efficient can't be undermined.

Coming to the interior quality of TJET, let the pics speak.
The pics clearly depict that quatliy improved by leaps and bounds in 2010 models as compared to 2009 ones and Linea TJET has taken it to a next level. [clap]

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice review and write up ichimaru [thumbsup]
The review in mouthshut by the t-jet owner is true.
Roads are non existent on that stretch near bhatkal to udipi.
I have done dozens of trip on that stretch.

Thread Starter #33
Nice review and write up ichimaru [thumbsup]
The review in mouthshut by the t-jet owner is true.
Roads are non existent on that stretch near bhatkal to udipi.
I have done dozens of trip on that stretch.
Thanks Mukesh.
Even in the other review at mouthshut, the mileage claimed is even higher.

P.S. --> Superb Signature.

I wont compare SX4 and Fiesta with T-Jet. But yes its better than City considering the features we get for the same price.

But still outright acceleration City is marginally better , maybe due to lesser kerb weight.

But overall i like T-Jet more than City!

dhaya,
acceleration may due to kerb wieght and those puny tires in honda

just give a thought for customer satisfaction part from Ass and the bit of snob value , they are factor of utmost importance in india.

if you have a honda people smile at you saying ,look he is having a good product.

if you have fiat people laugh at you saying may god help him...!!!

Thread Starter #39
dhaya,
acceleration may due to kerb wieght and those puny tires in honda

just give a thought for customer satisfaction part from Ass and the bit of snob value , they are factor of utmost importance in india.

if you have a honda people smile at you saying ,look he is having a good product.

if you have fiat people laugh at you saying may god help him...!!!
But when you have a FIAT, people just cant ignore you.
Some may make fun while some may think "I also wanted to own one but I was weak" and most will turn heads just to admire the beauty of a FIAT!!

Talking about the 0-100 figures, in a comparo between TJET and City at another forum, City did 0-100 in 10.4 secs while TJET did the same in 10.55 secs.[clap]

Thread Starter #40
ok here is the news (mods move to the appropriate thread).

I am currently @ home (JAIPUR) for the weekend. Was on my way to a relative's house when I crossed a TATA-FIAT showroom. Suddenly I felt my heart pounding as it was an SBB Linea!!
I couldn't believe it and though that it might be due to my sun glasses (and probably my desperation for owning a TJET) that I am seeing a SBB Linea in Jaipur as TJET was not yet launched!
Reached back home, opened the FIAT India website, went to the "price list" section and bingo! TJET is now available across India! :D
I hope, I hope sales improve now..Please.

Yes Ichimaru, the TJET launch was done in phases. Even after a month of launching Mumbai, the car was not launched in Nagpur and i guess the same thing happened with many cities. I personally didnt like this strategy.

Well i checked out the Linea T-Jet in person at the showroom and here are my views , though i din get the TD as the car was not available at that time.

Exterior looks amazing and in looks amazing even more in Black which highlights the chrome fittings. Though some plastic parts looks dirt cheap which i cant accept in a 10Lakh car , for example the front windshield beading! Interiors looks great and neatly integrated! Front seats are good and spacious , rear seats are good but leg-room slightly lesser than City. But head-room seriously less in Linea , front atleast its okay but rear my hair was touching the roof! And moving to the boot space , its huge! I think its larger than City's boot!

City and T-Jet goes neck and neck but poor head-room is a cause of concern for me!

Thread Starter #43
Yes, Linea has slightly lesser head room because of the sloping roof.
The lesser leg room can be attributed to the huge seats and great cushioning.
For instance, check out the width of the back rest of the front seats or the under thigh support of the rear seats!

I am 6'1" and i'll be buying a punto/Linea in the future. The lack of rear space concerned me a bit but then I thought, I'll be buying the car for ME and not for any one Else!
When I can sit in cars I hate but the owners enjoy it, I should be doing the same.
After all I'll be always behind the wheel and not at the rear :D

The lack of rear space concerned me a bit but then I thought, I'll be buying the car for ME and not for any one Else!
+1 to that.
ot:-
since i have bought punto ,its clocking 5k+ km now.i have seated in rear seat for 2 or 3 times only.
reason: my friends just cant resist to drive her so i just surrender.

i sometimes feel proud that i offered myself a better car. even though it was the most infamous car in every respect . my experience in brief words could be "the soul/heart was going for it ,and the head /mind was totally alarmed. but now both are happy!!!.

I agree with both of you guys! Even i bought a Verna because my heart wanted it. I din bother to go for a TD or check out the head-room , legroom etc

But having said that T-Jet is really not the car for me! What's the point in buying a car which your heart wants but you travel uncomfortable in it??!! So T-Jet is not the car for me , only the low head-room is a serious concern for me though. All my family members and friends are tall!

Before checking out Linea i thought City Vs Linea T-Jet , Linea T-Jet should be the car for me if i had to select any one out of the two. But now its City for me!

Not only T-Jet , i have rejected many cars from my "wish to buy" list just because they were uncomfortable for me , Civic to name one!

Top Bottom