Fiat Linea T-Jet: A Quick Test Drive

350Z

Core Team
An absolutely well-written and well-formatted review, Ichimaru, I must say that even though it was a quick test drive but still you have managed to nicely cover most of the aspects about the Fiat Linea. My take on the dealership attitude - I always believe that it should be courteous and professional enough, especially when it comes about purchasing an expensive and decisive item like a car, and this is where Fiat does scores well, however, a few traditional Tata Motors dealerships have still appointed lazy sales executives.

The demo car was a Sum Beam Beige T-Jet+ and the color looked great. However, I find Tucson Wine the best on Linea followed by black.
Exactly my opinion.

Turn on the ignition and you can immediately feel the high refinement levels. You may feel you have turned deaf as you really have to strain your ears to listen to the engine sound at idling.
Again, this is where the car astonished me as well. Sometimes you might require to cross-check whether the car has really turned on!

If I get a good enough job after my MBA, I am buying this!
You sure are getting this. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #17
Thanks 350Z for the reply.

I think the new FIAT-TATA dealers are much better at selling FIAT cars than the existing TATA ones.

Thread Starter #19
Excellent review & photograph buddy. i think it's a beautiful car launch by FIAT-TATA.
It indeed is a beautiful vehicle.
One thing i forgot to mention, if you are stuck under 1800 or around 1500 rpm, there is an evident turbo lag. However, keep it around 2k rpm and you can overtake effortlessly.

excellent and very nice review of linea. i love each and everything about it except price of t-jet. i mean for c segment car pricing of close to Rs.10 lakhs is not very good just like ANHC. but hey while scrolling down. i suddenly noticed in the last picture where speedo console is placed, its giving appearance like there are two agressive eyes. if you dont get what am saying, just watch that last image... [:)]

Thread Starter #21
excellent and very nice review of linea. i love each and everything about it except price of t-jet. i mean for c segment car pricing of close to Rs.10 lakhs is not very good just like ANHC. but hey while scrolling down. i suddenly noticed in the last picture where speedo console is placed, its giving appearance like there are two agressive eyes. if you dont get what am saying, just watch that last image... [:)]
The main reason for the (so perceived) high price is that the engine is completely imported. Having said that, I don't think it really is expensive as it offers great features some of which are present in the likes of Audi's and Merc's.

Believe me, whenever I see a Linea or Punto coming towards me on the road, it always feels like there is car looking at me that has a nose and two eyes![thumbswink]

Ichimaru, nice review. I am waiting for Tjet+ punto. I think with Fabia and polo 1.6, Fiat will have to launch the Tjet Punto. Add to it good after sales, it will surely rock.

Thread Starter #23
Ichimaru, nice review. I am waiting for Tjet+ punto. I think with Fabia and polo 1.6, Fiat will have to launch the Tjet Punto. Add to it good after sales, it will surely rock.
Exactly my thoughts. I think FIAT needs to launch a Punto Sports and Punto Sports+ with Tjet under the hood. The car would become the best hatch that India roads have ever seen!

That is one excellent review there you have given Ichimaru. The FE figures are excellent for that power and for a petrol engine!

@ Umang Well initially even i thought it was pricey but take a look at its specs and features and you will find its good VFM. And hey you are getting a turbo charged petrol for the price of a City!

Thread Starter #29
ilango[speed thirst];57604 said:
GOod review man ,
and all 4 disc brake is a good note as it need sudden stopping powers!
Thanks ilango.
Indeed, all 4 disc brakes are a real boon in the city and on the highways.

i think combination of disc and drum suits better to India and Indian condition.

disc brakes remain open to dirt and water so when they are wet, efficiency decrease very much. they become inconsistent at rain or while moving through sandy routes.

drum brakes are almost 90 percent sealed so they are much immune to external factors hence could be much better for consistency.

so all four disc brakes should be good for sports and competitive vehicles which would be used for strict and known conditions.

for general commutation combination brakes could be desirable.

Last edited:

Top Bottom