Fiat Linea T-Jet: A Quick Test Drive

Thread Starter #46
If you feel uncomfy in any car, no point buying it!
City is an obvious choice in this segment for most of the Indians and is indeed a very good car.
I suggest you look at the Vento also but I personally not like it for the looks and the features. Even the engine is not all that great.

But having said that T-Jet is really not the car for me! What's the point in buying a car which your heart wants but you travel uncomfortable in it??!! So T-Jet is not the car for me , only the low head-room is a serious concern for me though. All my family members and friends are tall!
to me it is surprising- linea and punto uncomfortable to tall people..!!
the car is basically designed for tall people in mind with those long travel seats ,pedals,gear,and of course the steering position.

may be cooldhaya would need some time to adjust with it ,which is a usual case with almost everybody using fiat for first time, as they are very much different from rest of the cars.

to me it is surprising- linea and punto uncomfortable to tall people..!!
the car is basically designed for tall people in mind with those long travel seats ,pedals,gear,and of course the steering position.
Linea and Punto, both have good amount of legroom for tall drivers, however the rear seats are not for tall ones at all. Especially the sloping roof of Linea further reduces the headroom. I too have a height of 6ft and i share the same problem as with Dhaya.

@ Jayadev I think Akash has answered your question. Linea's sloping roof is a problem for tall people. However Linea's legroom is great , i loved it! Punto's front seats are great even for tall people , rear seats i don find enough legroom for me! But headroom is great in Punto , no issues!

350Z

Core Team
Welcome back to the forum, Ichimaru. Our member list shows that we have one T-Jet owner on board: dhruv.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Linea was supposed to be the sedan version of the Punto. But Fiat has made it in such a way that the Dzire and Manza hang their heads. The styling is just superb. No unnecessary cuts and lines; only the simple and elegeant lines. And the rear headlamps are the best in the segment. Not like those adopted from the Swift on the Dzire.

Thats easily my favourite sedan. If Fiat had improved their dealership network...

Test drove a 2010 model Fiat Linea T-Jet in Trivandrum last week. They (Mohandas Motors) said that they did not have the 2013 T-Jet TD car with them because the car was just launched (I suspect that they were lying because I did see a white Linea in their parking lot with T-Jet and test drive car stickers all over the car a week before I went there).
This particular car that I drove was a car which they did not manage to sell. The sales executive said that the car was an abused one and had not been serviced regularly and was lying in their stockyard for a couple of years.
The steering of the car was faulty. It used to wobble and shake whenever it hit even a small stone on the road.
The car was dirty on the inside. Not at all clean.
But the engine. By God. It was smooth as butter. Powerful. Refined. Very slight turbo-lag (there was slight lag below 1500rpm) but nothing you would notice on normal drives (maybe because I am used to driving under-powered cars). The car handles very well. The engine pulled nicely.

I have asked the SE to give me a call when they get the latest T-Jet TD car. I will put up a short review after that.

Would I recommend the car to anyone? Absolutely. Fiats handle like a dream and the T-Jet propels that dream extremely well

Superb Review on T-Jet Vipin. i m also waiting to TD a Brand New T-Jet TD car in my city Hubli. Dealer will get T-Jet TD car only when there are TD requests,increase in demand and bookings for T-Jet [cry] [anger]

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb Review on T-Jet Vipin..i m also waiting to TD a Brand New T-Jet TD car in my city Hubli..Dealer will get T-Jet TD car only when there are TD requests,increase in demand and bookings for T-Jet[cry][anger]..
Thank you Nadeem. And yes. Since the T-Jet is not a volume seller, I was amazed that they even had a TD car in the first place here.
But hell. For Rs. 9.7l OTR for the mid-variant, it is a good buy. The engine alone is worth it.

Regards,
Vipin

Hi Ichimaru,

Doesn't Verna 1.6 also have disc brakes in front and rear? I think Linea T-Jet is not the only car with all 4 disc brakes in it's segment if you take Verna into account.

Regards,
Sankar

Thank you Nadeem. And yes. Since the T-Jet is not a volume seller, I was amazed that they even had a TD car in the first place here.
But hell. For Rs. 9.7l OTR for the mid-variant, it is a good buy. The engine alone is worth it.

Regards,
Vipin
Ya Vipin.i was also shocked to that Mohandas Motors guys had got TD car which is not a big seller for them in Trivandrum city.for 9.7 l OTR you are getting fully loaded T-Jet Dynamic which is a steal.yes the engine alone is worth for the money you pay after all its made by Pioneer in Diesel Technology FIAT.

Regards,
Vipin
Ya Vipin.i was also shocked to know that Mohandas Motors guys had got a new T-Jet TD car which is not a big seller for them in Trivandrum city.for 9.7 l OTR you are getting fully loaded T-Jet Dynamic which is a steal.yes the engine alone is worth for the money you pay after all its made by Pioneer in Diesel Technology FIAT.

Top Bottom