Fiat Launches Grande Punto 90 BHP (Now Road Tested)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Grande Punto Sport be a limited-edition run? Or will it be up for sale till the current GP is in existence? And don't you guys think the engine should have offered at least a 100 bhp? I think the Grande Punto is still heavy and not all that powerful, so anything above 100 bhp would have been fantastic.

Thread Starter #63

350Z

Core Team
More Details!

Doesn't looks so that it is going to be a Limited Edition. Anyways, During the Auto Expo I took a Brochure of complete Fiat Range which has little information about Punto Sports too, I'm attaching the pics here.

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01300.jpg
In case, If any one is unable to read from image, It states the following:

Multi-Jet

From the first ever diesel application in a production car to the invention of CRDI technology, benefiting a host of different marquee car models around the globe, Fiat has always been at the forefront of diesel engine technology. Born out of the evolutions of the Common Rail Principle, the Multijet Diesel engine is Fiat's flagship award winning technology which sets new standards in fuel conservation and engine performance. This revolutionary tech from Fiat is spelling success across the globe with its enhanced performance and increased fuel efficiency. A geometrically variable Turbo Compressor and Exhaust Gas recirculation (EGR) system equipped with sophisticated cooling system fiercely competes to achieve the stringent European Emission norms.

Fiat Punto Sports

The sporty rendition of the Grande Punto comes with a higher powered diesel engine and several product enhancements. With a 1.3 Multijet engine, 90HP output and Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT), the Grande Punto sports is a stylish, power packed new drive that's designed to make heads turn. In addition to the immense power under the hood, The sports kit includes an Electric Sunroof, stylish decals, smart black headlamps, 17" Alloy wheels, sporty black leather interiors with red highlights and a cool spoiler.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fiat will charge Rs.7 Lakhs only for T-Jet engine + blacked out headlights + sunroof does not sounds so good or is it? [confused]
Actually i feel all these are worth 7 Lakhs , you missed the sporty interiors too!
Why am saying is there are Hatches selling at this price without even all the mentioned features!

Unless FIAT decides to redo the interior or at the least change the dreary low grade plastic dashboard nothing can change the Punto's inevitable slide. Very few people realize that most of the time is spent inside the car, i guess!.

This is probably going to make Jazz History (if it is not already). i20 sales could also get hit by this since its price tag is way more than 7L, it is somewhere near 8L though it does include the same features listed for Punto Sportz.

May be, Fiat would increase the price a bit more and still be competitive with i20. Well, they have the window to do so.

Looking at these points, this beauty is going to be a big hit!!

@cooldhaya thanks and I :agree: with JammyD
@moneky i dont think punto has as bad interiors as you explained. the existing punto owners can maybe shed some light on it?
@akash launch is on 17th june not may!

Unless FIAT decides to redo the interior or at the least change the dreary low grade plastic dashboard nothing can change the Punto's inevitable slide. Very few people realize that most of the time is spent inside the car, i guess!.
Look & Feel are always subjective and people always differ in their views. Punto's interior is good in my views. May be it is not as attractive as i20, but I still think it is a winner with in the segment.

Thread Starter #72

350Z

Core Team
The interiors of Punto aren't as bad, But if you are specifically referring to plastics, then I guess it was case with initial lot, after which it was rectified. Since then, I don't remember hearing any news about interior quality issues with Punto. Just that, If Fiat keeps the price up to our expectations, they'll yet again hit the sweet pot.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think it will be interesting to see punto 1.6 compete with the polo1.6. So fiat should try to get all things right whether its interior or anything else though i doubt polo would be priced anywhere near punto.

Even if Polo 1.6L is priced alongside the Punto sports it will be minus many features which are available in Punto sports!

Even if Polo 1.6L is priced alongside the Punto sports it will be minus many features which are available in Punto sports!
Agree with you mate. More over, I think Punto is ahead of the current Polo (its just my personal view) in many aspects like technology, design etc. I mean VW has not changed the underlying design of VW for ages. Where are FIAT is continuously improving their models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom