Fiat India Flags Off “Securing Borders Drive”

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Every one is painted in the colors of Independence, and so is the Fiat India. They have recently flagged off a “Securing Borders Drive”. Read more about it below;

Fiat India flagged off the ‘Securing Borders Drive’ at Chetana College, Bandra. The purpose of this 18- day long drive is to pay homage to all the heroes who died defending the nation. Fiat has provided the students and the accompanying staff with two of the recently launched 90 hp Grande Punto Multijet. The car will travel through different terrains and will give the students a view of the India-Pakistan border at different legs. The drive will be a learning experience for the students who are a part of this drive. The students of Chetana College will be a part of some social activities and also will get a chance to interact with the jawans on the border, apart from getting a chance to ride the 90 hp beast. Mr. Shirish Chaudhari, Vice President, Chetana Trust said that it was an honour for them to be hosting such an event. He also stated saying that the students who had embarked on this journey should not take things lightly and this was not just a trip for them but a great learning experience. Also present on the occasion was Mr. Marius D’Lima, Head- Corporate Communications. He said, “Fiat is proud to be a part of such a drive that salutes the soldiers of India. We have lent our support and hope that the journey is obstacle free. I wish all the students a happy journey and wish them all the best.” The drive was extended to Leh-Ladakh and then Khardungla (the highest motorable point), but due to weather constraints (cloudburst in Leh) the idea had to be put off. The drive will now conclude at Wagha border after which they would head back home.

dsc00071.jpg

dsc00065.jpg
(Info. Courtesy: Carwale.com)

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
Fiat, atleast leave the martyrs alone.

Stop making them a part of your product publicity campaign.

If you really want to do something, do something for their families.

Better still do something for the country.

Open schools, donate to old age homes, create employment, do whatever.

But using martyrs for such a selfish purpose is definitely not acceptable to me.

Fiat, atleast leave the martyrs alone.

Stop making them a part of your product publicity campaign.

If you really want to do something, do something for their families.

Better still do something for the country.

Open schools, donate to old age homes, create employment, do whatever.

But using martyrs for such a selfish purpose is definitely not acceptable to me.
I agree with you to some extent. The money if put in for a better cause(like helping the families n all) would have been much appreciated, but then being an italian manufacturer, i appreciate their move.

I don't mind FIAT paying homage to the martyrs, but as AMG has rightly pointed out, it would be better if they'd enter a venture with an NGO facilitating schools, creating and such by charging say, a nominal amount of Rs 1000 extra per vehicle they sell to the costumer, and utilize the funds obtained for 95% minimum for corporate responsibility, and the rest for publicity. That might seem reasonable.

i agree this is somewhat publicity stunt but i don't understand why are the teaching college students this? it can have done with school students to create awareness/love about nation. anyways great move..hope they do some practically useful things also!!

I agree with your views above completely. This is just a publicity show for Fiat neither the college students nor our country is going to benefit from this.

Top Bottom