FIAT Grande Punto v/s Hyundai i20

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you see that thread, even i have voted for the punto! but as an overall package, i love the i20 more.
[:)] I was talking about just looks.
Even i like i20.

punto rear seat is cramped & i feel hyundai's A.S.S is better.
Punto's rear seat is certainly not cramped, and also not very spacious like vista. I don't have specification, but space inside is comparable to i20.
Yes A.S.S of Hyundai has much better reputation than Tata-Fiat.

Thread Starter #17
even i like both punto & i20 but the punto has a certain charm & solid feel which the i20 lacks, hence my vote goes to the punto.
Yes Raj, look wise, I also voted for Punto! I too think that over all interior is better in i20.

You are correct vroom. It's from BGLR to CLT [:)] Yes I am considering diesel option too. However, I personally like petrol engines and have a feel that in the long run it will be easier to maintain. Correct me if I am wrong. The problem with Bangalore city is that daily use of a car will be horrible considering the traffic jam. So I may have to stick to the company cab or a new bike ! So the major usage of the car will be with family, during the week ends and my trip to Kerala. Assuming, I clock 75KM during a weekend, it is 300 KM in Banaglore city per month. Even if I am driving excess it will come to 500 KM per month. For 2 moths its 1000 and a trip to Kerala will be 800 KM. So onaverage, per month usage will be easily be less than 100 KM. To really justify a diesel, I have to use it for my daily office usage as well. This is another reason for sticking to petrol.

I just got this (price - Bangalore on road):

Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack - 740853 /-
Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack - 680805 /-
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta (O) - 692056 /-

Seems like, Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta (O) is out of my reach !

Last edited:
For 2 moths its 1000 and a trip to Kerala will be 800 KM. So onaverage, per month usage will be easily be less than 100 KM.
I think you meant 1000?
If yes, i would suggest you Diesel. First MJD is a proven engine and you will enjoy more on diesel engine than Petrol.
Cost wise also, 1000KM/month, means in apprx. 3 years it will be recovered.

I just got this (price - Bangalore on road):

Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack - 740853 /-
Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack - 680805 /-
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta (O) - 692056 /-

Seems like, Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta (O) is out of my reach !
I would not suggest i20, 1.2L petrol, for highway driving. i10 sportz would be better choice, in my view.

350Z

Core Team
For Mileage of 1,000+ Kpl, you should opt the diesel vehicle Shynish.
First of all, Come to India and Test Drive the cars of your choice and wait Auto Expo to happen before Making a Final Decsion.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even i would suggest a diesel engine Shynish. And no diesel engines are lot more refined now and have become easy to maintain unlike before. So i suggest you take a look at the diesel option as well. And if you are looking a VFM money product then i would suggest you go for the Punto , but if you have the capacity to spend more and would like to have some added features then go for i20.

BTW any specific reasons for leaving the even now chart-topping Swift out of contention?? This is also a good car!

i would suggest so go for the punto.
reasons-
1.i20 is pricy.
2.since you would be driving on highways every alternate month, highway manners of the car should be of utmost importance for you.except for fabia no car is close to punto in this area.
3.15000 km service interval with 50 months fiat first.
4.punto is safer than i20!

if petrol is the final choice for you, think for honda jazz as well.A friend of mine had noted down the spares price list of hyundai and Honda and in comparision hyundai was much costlier then honda.So do consider jazz as well.

So i suggest you take a look at the diesel option as well. And if you are looking a VFM money product then i would suggest you go for the Punto , but if you have the capacity to spend more and would like to have some added features then go for i20.
Hey cooldhaya, i would like to know what added features i20 has compared to Punto.

You won't regret buying any of them.
I fully agree.

Oops sorry i just now checked the specs RSM , both more or less has the same features except for the airbags!

Then i guess Shynish is lookin for a VFM car , so better choice is Punto![thumbsup] I still dont know why he has left out Swift and Jazz![confused]

Oops sorry i just now checked the specs RSM , both more or less has the same features except for the airbags!
No issues cooldhaya, because Punto is loaded with features, so i was wondering.

I still dont know why he has left out Swift and Jazz![confused]
You have narrow down your choices otherwise there will be more confusion. All cars are good so you have restrict yourself. I beleive Swift is very common and Jazz is certailnly overpriced.

I dont think he logs in these days. What was final verdict? i20 or Punto. My vote goes to i20 between the 2.

Thread Starter #30
Where is Shynish? Any decision made?
I dont think he logs in these days. What was final verdict? i20 or Punto. My vote goes to i20 between the 2.
Dear All, unfortunately on the very second day of me landing here (in Kerala) my father got hospitalized. His condition is still slightly complicated and there is an operation scheduled for tomorrow morning. I will come back to this thread soon. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom