Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Road Test Review

That is true! Hyundai i20 scores better scores for upmarket interrior and its sportiniess. So far I have not heard any one mentioning about the lag in i20. FE is also in par with Punto. Some feels like i20 is better looking. On the other hand, FIAT's engines are well established and proven. Interior could have been better in at least this 90HP version, to be honest. Just giving a red stwich is not good enough. End of the day, both are VFM! A deal, for which its buyers will never regret!
I heard i20 has more turbo lag than Punto[:)]. But again normal drivers like us will have difficulty to understand this. I hardly feel any lag in my Punto.
Only difference is 1st gear (and also 2nd gear in FGT) in Punto is small, so it feels little sluggish (also reason for 0-100KM timing difference with others), but once you know when to upshift, you will not feel it sliggish or you won't feel the lag. But again once you are in comfortable zone (2nd or 3rd gear) Punto's acceleration will beat i20. Quick test drive of 4-5 KM in city you will never like Punto. You need to drive a bit more to feel comfortable with it, then the whole perception changes.

Punto's FE is decent. No body has reported here the FE of i20.

owner of punto 90hp from 28-10-2010

i might have a long story to tell from first and second day disappointment to "dont want to get out of my punto " experience

Thread Starter #34
i might have a long story to tell from first and second day disappointment to "dont want to get out of my punto " experience
Welcome to The Automotive India friend. We all would love to hear your story!

350Z

Core Team
Hello Jayadev, Welcome to The Automotive India. It seems that something interesting is coming up, Share it with us soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

great review guys once again.Fiat has one perfect suspention setup for their cars specially for Indian roads, which one could easy find out.One of the best planted hatchbacks on road.A more powerful punto was missed and eagerly awaited, which finally fiat brought it to indian market, but then its disappointed, early stage turbo lag, no outright performance and nothing different then current punto makes it in same category.I was expecting some changes in its interior styling, some more upmarket feel then just red lining on its fabrics,leathers.Also i feel fiat should have tuned to enjoy the city driven conditions which feels slugish in its earlier version, but hasent changed much.Only mid and top end range feels that extra power of new VGT.

Looks like you have created some curiousity already among all the members , am also waiting to hear the story!

And BTW welcome to TAI.

Thread Starter #39
great review guys once again.Fiat has one perfect suspention setup for their cars specially for Indian roads, which one could easy find out.One of the best planted hatchbacks on road.A more powerful punto was missed and eagerly awaited, which finally fiat brought it to indian market, but then its disappointed, early stage turbo lag, no outright performance and nothing different then current punto makes it in same category.I was expecting some changes in its interior styling, some more upmarket feel then just red lining on its fabrics,leathers.Also i feel fiat should have tuned to enjoy the city driven conditions which feels slugish in its earlier version, but hasent changed much.Only mid and top end range feels that extra power of new VGT.
Thanks for your kind comments. Punto90HP imo is the best variant of punto but should have been loaded with atleast some exclusive features to have some visual difference from the regular models.

Re: Fuel Efficient Car for Highway Commuting

Thanks Akash!
I am looking forward to have a awesome ride on the forum.
Planning to book a TD on Punto 90 HP, and put some comments here.

Top Bottom