FIAT 118NE Painted By Hand

Thread Starter #1
Hi
This is my first big project that I had undertaken. I had brought a fiat 118ne it was pista green colour which was in a need for a repaint.It was a 1994 model which was brought for 21000rs
This was my first car. I wanted to desprately work on it. But my budget did not permit me to spend on the car. And the place where I stayed in pune I could not work on the vehicle cause no parking space the vehicle was parked 1km away on the road where all the fruit vendors and local market was
So once a week I would wash the vehicle, and just dream of a day when I could work on my car in front of my house without anybody watching me… soon we shifted to aurangabad from Pune our home town and by the grace of God we purchased a row house with ample parking space and the privacy to work on my car when I want, Now I decided I will paint my car, so here goes

Day one I started to scrape all the paint off and make the surface rough,
After scraping the complete car, I washed it, and then Brought a normal 1 liter Asian black paint
This is no automotive paint just the normal one you get at the local paint shop
Brought paint roller, a normal 2 inch brush. And thinner
Painted the vehicle in about an hour or so.

I am not good at writing so,
Let the Pictures do the Talking….

The Vehicle was sold in 2011.

Attachments

I think you should have bought Automotive paint because it does not fade, it does not corrode the inner metal and is meant for automobiles.

Appreciate the effort though. Cheers.

For a car that was painted using a roller and a brush, it looks pretty good. I didn't expect this level of finish when I read what you had written [:D]

Regards,
Vipin

Seems that you have done a wonderful job though I am having some reservations here.
You have done it on the top nicely,but other sides are not clearly visible in the pictures.
Images can be totally deceiving .
Whats the current status of this vehicle.i am seeing that the pictures are taken in 2010.
And why did you do this job ?Is it purely because of finances or you want to do something out of passion?

Thread Starter #8
Budget was sure an issue, but I wanted to paint my car by hand and wanted to see how it goes, But in the end it turned out to be very good, my relatives who saw the car said that i was lying that it is hand painted. The Car served me good for 3 years, I sold it in 2011.

Top Bottom