Fiat 1100 Select Restoration

Mud flaps look good, I wish you could have tried to get the old number plates where the numbers would be embossed (would look better on this car).

Waiting for pic's with wheel caps fit.

Sandeep, I want to hug your car and pull its cheeks. Its cho chweet[:)].

Lovely mudflaps. Now get that FIAT badge on the front grille and paint both (bonnet/grille) badges red.

Please share lots of interior pics and snaps of the engine bay. What engine oil are you using? How does she drive? I love the FRRRRRAAAAWWWWW exhaust sound of the 1100 engine. Any overheating issues? I have the exact figures of camber setting for this car, will share it.

How good is this Tamhane Auto Parts? Does he really 'make special car accessories'?

Man I wanna buy a nicely maintained 1100 now. Thanks for the thread again.

p.s.: Just look at that uncleji stepping out of the shop and staring at your car. Bet he's a Parsi.

Last edited:
Removing all components of car.
View attachment 76235

Chasis fitted and Heatlon sheet pasted, engine bay painted.
View attachment 76236

View attachment 76237

Engine cleaning, gasket changing,
View attachment 76238

Engine painted and will be ready to fitted.
View attachment 76239

Gearbox overhauling, flywheel ring changed.
View attachment 76240

View attachment 76241

Engine fitted
View attachment 76242
Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed pics like this, can you give details about insulation sheets, is this the best heat insulation sheet for the fiat 1100 cars ( 1100 heating more than other classics) i also need to give priority for my 1100 insulation.

Thanks Visran!

My previous car is in two tone color combination, Powder Blue body and white top. So now I want to paint the car in single color i.e. Black.

I saw 2-3 well maintained Black colored cars in Pune, Then only I decided for Black color.

Here is picture of my friend's Mr. Vijay kumar's 1962 Super Select.
what a wonderful car. I need to know how Mr. Vijay kumar got that white wall for his tires ..?

Interior work is started, roof's rexin fitting is completed, Front and rear glass fixed. [clap][clap]
what a cool interior? How you got the original windshield bee-dings (aluminium + rubber) that rubber strip is original one or, you found a new one? i'm stuck with this rubber sealer. [sleep]

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking about that part (sun-guard), yes its in my car as original part, but its not available in driver's door [confused]

After fitting Grill,Number plate.

awesome look, its having now..[clap] I need advice from you
I have the same car in Sri Lanka, and started restoration last week. so which parts have to be chrome plated and witch parts are stainless steel? have you repainted your grill? or just polished it? [confused]
i have attached my car pic for your ref.

Dear All, I need your comments and suggestions for my restoration project.

I have FIAT 1100 D - 1957 in Sri Lanka. I'm 26 tears old and fall in love with Classic cars recently. I bought it Nov 2013 from 1st owner. And he maintained it very well with original condition. Up to now, original paint, everything is their, spare key also, original seats with 57 years. She is really old now and she needs some medicine as I Guess. Here I attached some pictures for current situation, and I want to keep it as original condition. If so I read so many 1100 restorations projects and got and real idea, also I have Questions to ask from you guys. Is that rear light cups are original? And tire shape? Also want to know about White wall tires/walls? Brake system upgrade? Also I hope to repaint with same original color, what do you think about it? What interior can do for more? What parts should chrome paint and what about all stainless steel parts and how is the condition as u seen. What I need to do? need to do more Insulation process (It will heat inside the car, when it runs)

Hope to start my project Feb 2014 - Floor board have to be re-fix, door rubber, rear suspension ( when i drive on hamper tire will touch wheel-arc.

Waiting for your advices/comments all are welcome to advice me.

Thank you Old metal piece lovers.

Have a Nice drive.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #145
Sandeep, I want to hug your car and pull its cheeks. Its cho chweet].

Lovely mudflaps. Now get that FIAT badge on the front grille and paint both (bonnet/grille) badges red.

How good is this Tamhane Auto Parts? Does he really 'make special car accessories'?

Man I wanna buy a nicely maintained 1100 now. Thanks for the thread again.

p.s.: Just look at that uncleji stepping out of the shop and staring at your car. Bet he's a Parsi.
First of all :sorry: for late reply.
Sam sir,

Thank you very much[thumbsup]

Those mud flaps are made by me. I bought universal Mudflaps from market and removed its metal plate at bottom & cut it as per size required for my car. Then I pasted Carbon Fiber vinyl on it and then paste FIAT decal on it.
sparco_pink_1_zps11585f5b.jpg
WP_20131219_001.jpg

Regarding Badges... Yes I am going to paint bonnet badge in red color.
And Regarding grill badge I have original Millecento Acrylic badge.
This acrylic badge will be on car for special events only[:D]

Photo0133.jpg

Regarding Tamahe Auto Parts..
Now they makes license plates only. (Still they made number plates by hand, They don't use plotter machine for radium cutting)
There is one time in Pune, Those people have waiting period for making license plate(Number Plates). As there is no one to make license plates in radium material.
At that time they are manufacturing various spares like Honey comb grille for Padmini. Various types of radiator grills for Select, Superselect, various types of decals.
And Decals, license plates radium cutting done by hand only, as machines are not available.

Regarding Uncle stepping out, you are wrong. He is not parsi, He is marathi manus itself Mr. Ashok Tamahane. He loves Fiat very much.

Sandeep, those are very nice DIY mudflaps I must say. And that Millecento badge is a good find; where did you get it from? How well does she drive? I shall definitely want to check out your car whenever I am in your city.

More pics please. Preferably the ones shot under bright sunlight.

Thread Starter #147
I bought this badge from Italy.

She drives good, but I will be happy if expert like you judge it[:)].

Sure, Please check when you are in town, Just give me call before coming, will PM you my contact no.

I have some pics earlier clicked will share it here.
WP_20131116_007.jpg

WP_20131116_004.jpg

WP_20131116_005.jpg

WP_20131116_006.jpg

WP_20131116_008.jpg

WP_20131116_010.jpg

Sandeep, I am salivating. In fact I just wiped off some saliva that fell on my laptop while I was typing this.

Very nice choice of interior upholstery[clap]. Is it leather/rexine? Do you have higher resolution pictures of the car, especially of the engine bay? How does she run in crowded traffic on a hot day? Do you take it out on long highway drives outside the city? What about ghats?

Mind rattling off a breakup of the total expenditure made by you on nursing her back to this condition?

Sandy is doing an excellent job and these are some great cars. I have a Fiat 1100 that needs restoration. Can anybody recommend a reliable person who can restore.

Last edited:

Top Bottom