Few OEM Upgrades for i10

The remote looks very good. I think it resembles some new car's remote.

@zinam, can you please share what all the other products you considered, along with their price and the reason for selecting "Wheels".

Thread Starter #22
I considered Piranha, AutoCop, Terminator, Scorpio of which are all from same manufacurer Key Stone.

All brands have 3 years warranty.

Wheels Antitheft devices are more powerful than other after market devices.

And remote looks cool too.

When it comes to pricing Wheels are bit costlier than other brands.
The other brands costed around 3200 +/- 100.

Wheels costed me around 3500. Sensor which is comes in wheels are really excellent.

So i choosed to go for wheels.

So do you like it or not ?
I love it dude!!

I am not sure about my anti-theft system.

It has a remote and a hood switch installed,but i have no clue whats wrong with the hood switch it didn't trigger the alarm when i tried fooling around with it.

The Nippon system that maruti has provided has body impact sensors according to the manual.But never tried fooling with the car.

I considered Piranha, AutoCop, Terminator, Scorpio of which are all from same manufacurer Key Stone.

All brands have 3 years warranty.

Wheels Antitheft devices are more powerful than other after market devices.

And remote looks cool too.

When it comes to pricing Wheels are bit costlier than other brands.
The other brands costed around 3200 +/- 100.

Wheels costed me around 3500. Sensor which is comes in wheels are really excellent.

So i choosed to go for wheels.
I love it dude!!

I am not sure about my anti-theft system.

It has a remote and a hood switch installed,but i have no clue whats wrong with the hood switch it didn't trigger the alarm when i tried fooling around with it.

The Nippon system that maruti has provided has body impact sensors according to the manual.But never tried fooling with the car.
Okay Guys.
I've heard about Wheels Security. Lots of feature for too less, but reliablity is not on par with others.
Nyws, The remote luks CLASSY[clap]
What do u mean when u say the impact sensors are better?? in what respect? could u elaborate?? And does it offer any more security features than normal pirahna, autocop?? I mean my pirahna has remote central locking, bonnet, doors and boot protection, auto lock after ignition on, battery removed sensor, stereo removed sensor, interior motion sensor, impact sensor. and IMO its quite elaborate. Does wheels have any more??

@Renegade
Do u have metal switches installed on bonnet and doors or plastic ones??
if metal, check for corrotion or carbon deposits on contact surfaces, or if plastic ones, check the spring contact for carbon deposits, and if all seems well, trace the wire for irregularities, it may get cut internally or externally due to frictional vibrations, or even rat menace. It has happened to me many times.[frustration]
Because however high end ur unit is, it wont work with kaput door switches, relying on one single wire. Try it and reply.

I mean my pirahna has remote central locking, bonnet, doors and boot protection, auto lock after ignition on, battery removed sensor, stereo removed sensor, interior motion sensor, impact sensor. and IMO its quite elaborate. Does wheels have any more??
So many sensors ?[shock]

Great.How much did this pirahna cost you ?

So many sensors ?[shock]

Great.How much did this pirahna cost you ?
He he. u will be surprised. I Bought my 800 2nd hand from an NRI Guy, who had it fitted with the highest end model. At that time, he quoted he had paid 8k buks for it, and man it was elaborate, even had reversing sounds. All this in 1999.[shock]
After a few years, the buttons in the remote conked off, when given for repair, the guy said he will have to change the entire head unit, as remotes are not interchangable, and cannot get oder remotes to work with this one. got a new head unit for 1400. The sensors remained the same. A plug and play job.
Thought was cheap, but now i see wat a rip off. The remotes can b mended easily, and all remotes are same, the different frequencies are courtesy a small resistance in the circuit. Now i can open any car using a frequency detector and a rheostat.[lol!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #27
What do u mean when u say the impact sensors are better?? in what respect? could u elaborate?? And does it offer any more security features than normal pirahna, autocop?? I mean my pirahna has remote central locking, bonnet, doors and boot protection, auto lock after ignition on, battery removed sensor, stereo removed sensor, interior motion sensor, impact sensor. and IMO its quite elaborate. Does wheels have any more??
I compared the entry level body impact models of wheels & other brands.

Yes. Even wheels have four impact sensors model but price is on the higher side. Think its around 5K+

I just need a basic body impact system & not an Hi Fi one.

My wheels model has One Body impact sensor, reverse parking alarms, remote central locking, bonnet, doors and boot protection, auto lock after ignition on.

When compared to the Pricing & features, wheels seems to be better.

When you did spend 3.5k, u should have gone for the better one with approx 1k extra. Believe me, stereo protection and battery protection helps you in the long run.
And do post a review about the wheels. I want to know about the reliablity aspect.

Thread Starter #29
Hmmm Let me try out if there is any possibility of exchanging for a better unit!

But i cannot tell anything about the reliablity of Wheels as i installed it just yesterday!

I have taken the unit from a known shop. He deals with all kind of accesories in my area. He suggested me wheels, because the latest Piranha units are giving some problem & Auto Cop has stopped its distribution here.

Thread Starter #30
Ilango, I will be needing spoilers for my car soon :)

Let me know once you start your business. Will come there.

Top Bottom