Fell In 'LUV' With Dusky Brown Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Thread Starter #31
Dear KnightRider,

Nice to read your interesting ertiga eperience. Actually it seemed you were telling my story. only change is that previously I owned Santro Bright silver. When I decided to go for Ertiga Dusky Brown, many suggested me to select the blue one as the company advertised and displayed only blue colour. I also lodged a complain on companies facebook profile why they were displaying and promoting only blue colour. But when I saw my brown ertiga, i forgot all my doubts and complains. Really this is the most beautiful car with ecellent driving. I own a Maruti Ertiga VXI dusky brown.Nice to be in Maruti Ertiga Dusky brown colour club.............
Congrats & welcome to the forum & brown Ertiga club or I must say petrol Ertiga club! [;)]
Yes, dusky brown colour really looks rich & classy on Ertiga. Please share some pics of your car & what mileage are you getting?

One week ownership update:

Drove the Ertiga for 150kms so far. The average is increasing & has reached 13.6kmpl (city + highway run) so far. The car is butter smooth & silent. Passengers sitting in 3rd row say that it bounces too much & they feel the bumps. I guess that is like sitting on last seats of a bus or on the rear wheels. But overall suspension is amazing. Small bumps & pits are not felt much. A colleague of mine, who owns a SX4 said he felt Ertiga 1.4L petrol engine more powerful & zippy than his 1.6L engine in SX4. The doors get locked automatically once the car speeds up & I am still not used to unlocking the doors once we stop. And it is a bit tough to find the lock/unlock lever on the doors in the dark for fellow passengers. The other Maruti car (Wagon-R, Swift etc.) owning colleagues also felt Ertiga to be much more refined & smooth.

Last edited:
Congrats & welcome to the forum & brown Ertiga club or I must say petrol Ertiga club! [;)]
Yes, dusky brown colour really looks rich & classy on Ertiga. Please share some pics of your car & what mileage are you getting?

One week ownership update:

Drove the Ertiga for 150kms so far. The average is increasing & has reached 13.6kmpl (city + highway run) so far. The car is butter smooth & silent. Passengers sitting in 3rd row say that it bounces too much & they feel the bumps. I guess that is like sitting on last seats of a bus or on the rear wheels. But overall suspension is amazing. Small bumps & pits are not felt much. A colleague of mine, who owns a SX4 said he felt Ertiga 1.4L petrol engine more powerful & zippy than his 1.6L engine in SX4. The doors get locked automatically once the car speeds up & I am still not used to unlocking the doors once we stop. And it is a bit tough to find the lock/unlock lever on the doors in the dark for fellow passengers. The other Maruti car (Wagon-R, Swift etc.) owning colleagues also felt Ertiga to be much more refined & smooth.
I have driven the desiel ertiga just 2 days back and just loved it everything was so smooth and easy even the clutch and gear box.
Now yours is a petrol so I can imagine it will be more smooth to drive then the desiel one .
IMHO I think brown and red looks amazing in ertiga , but people here have a fixation about the white and silver .

Thread Starter #34
IMHO I think brown and red looks amazing in ertiga , but people here have a fixation about the white and silver .
I too think the same. But some people have taken white & silver Ertigas just because they were available immediately after booking. I would have loved the Radiant Red which was launched in Indonesia but not here.

That's a wonderful average for a powerful petrol engine, it's bound to increase once the Engine settles down.
I hope so too. [:)] I am excited to see how closer it gets to the company claimed average of 16kmpl.

Thread Starter #35
The average has climbed up to 14kmpl so far. [clap] After 1st service, I hope it goes up even more.

The doors (especially the rear ones) are too big & keep on hitting the adjacent cars/ pillars/ walls etc. Fortunately, no damage done so far. So I am planning to put these transparent guards:
Autographix - Clear Shield

Here is one more pic of my Sizzling Brownie. [:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #36
The doors (especially the rear ones) are too big & keep on hitting the adjacent cars/ pillars/ walls etc. Fortunately, no damage done so far. So I am planning to put these transparent guards:
Autographix - Clear Shield
I have put the transparent guards from Autographix. These come as a set of 14 pieces in sticker form. Their thickness is a bit less but that maintains the transparency very well & they look like some protrusions of the car body itself. The set costs Rs.850. Here are few pics:

Bumper corners (4):
300720121182.jpg

Door edge guards (4):
300720121183.jpg

Bumper centre guards (2):
300720121184.jpg

Tail-lamp guards (2) Can you find it? [;)]
300720121185.jpg

ORVM guards (2):
300720121187.jpg

Thread Starter #37
The FE has increased to 14.5 kmpl after 200kms of running. [clap]Although most of the running was on highway with limited use of A/C but still it is a good average for a car of this size & 1.4L engine. Enjoying my LUV!

I have put the transparent guards from Autographix. These come as a set of 14 pieces in sticker form. Their thickness is a bit less but that maintains the transparency very well & they look like some protrusions of the car body itself. The set costs Rs.850. Here are few pics:
Did you order these sticker's online or did you buy it from the local market?

Latest pics of my LUV [:)]. And one of the pic shows size comparison with Xylo.
Beautiful this colour is mind blowingggggggggggg. And loved the transparent shields cool dosent disturb the beauty of the vehicle and the mileage you are getting is super buddy [clap][clap]

Can Ertiga be fitted with LPG/CNG at dealer level without voiding the company warranty?
You can't buddy there is simply no space there to fix the gas container .
Maruti most of the time dosent provide cng options on cars which have desiel options sx4 being the option because it is a market dud in both forms infact dealer told me whatever sx4 they sell are 90% cng atleast in Mumbai .

Thread Starter #44
Beautiful this colour is mind blowingggggggggggg. And loved the transparent shields cool dosent disturb the beauty of the vehicle and the mileage you are getting is super buddy [clap][clap]
Thanks Raja. Yes the latest mileage update after 400kms running is 15.2kmpl. [clap]

Top Bottom