Feel The Josh: My New Maestro Edge Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31

Nairrk

Honoured Member
There was no such engine noise at high speed. However, there was some sort of rattling sound when the speed around 10 to 20kmph (same complaint was raised by many other owners too). Once the speed goes up 30 and above these sound goes off.

Fuel economy - frankly speaking, I have not checked so deeply because I know I have been using this scooter only for short distance rides i.e for shopping or visiting nearby relatives etc so with such ride definitely we cannot expect a good fuel economy.

In the beginning, a couple of times I checked and found that I was getting around 40/42kmph..

Do you usually fill tank or only fill 100 - 200 Rs.? Recently I started filling tank so that I can track mileage better and also avoid frequent visit to petrol pumps.

Thanks. I think I will check with the service center and complain about the lower mileage on my Maestro Edge. Definitely I think it is not normal mileage that I am getting. Maybe I will wait till I finish the 4th free service and check again.

Thread Starter #35

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The speedometer and Odo stopped functioning since last two days. Took the Scooter to the service center. They changed the cable and now working fine. (work completed in 15 minutes)

Total expense Rs.95 for the cable (Rs 74.22 + taxes) - No labour charges since I have taken the Joyride membership.[:)]

I think there is a quality issue there. Mine also stopped working within few months of purchase of bike and then I got the same replaced at Rs. 95/- . But since replacement it has been working fine till date (mine has done around 2300+ kms in nearly 1 year since purchase).

Thread Starter #37

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, there seems some problem with Hero as Speedo/Odo cable should not break that early. Before Hero Maestro, I was using TVS Wego which I used for almost 2 years and then gave to my nephew who since then driven more than 2 years (excess of 20000 kms) but never heard that he had to change any such parts.

He was only doing regular service and oil change (of course he had to change the rear view mirror which was broken due to some children played with it when the scooter was parked on the roadside).

Also, my friends have TVS Jupiter and never heard any complaints from them so far..

Hi there,
I also own a maestro edge zx. Only reason to purchase the scooter was:-

-Great looks
-Good engine
-Good service
and also pocket friendly for me. To buy an Activa or a Jupiter or a Access need to shell out 7-10k higher than what i paid for this scooter. Just completed one year and completed 18000 kms. Running well and service is also good by hero, although need to take an appointment as dealerships are busy servicing splendors and hf deluxe. This actually became a primary ride for me as soon as it came home. Earlier was using a Bajaj chetak but now its resting and waiting for a full restoration after serving me for more than 20 years and more than 200k with few engine overhauls. Still starts within a few starter kicks. But this little scooter amazed me with what this punny machine can do. My sister uses a TVS WEGO but issues started within 3rd year of ownership and 22k on the odo. Now it is not used much due several breakdowns on the road. She started using my Dads Pleasure after my Dad retired.
I love to roam and travel on a two wheeler and already i took it to various places like twice from mohali to delhi, than mohali to nangal dam and also mohali to kangra dharamshala and pathankot. At steady 60 kmph with my wife,son and a some luggage this scooter amazed me with its capabilities of moving uphill easily and also delivering an amazing 57kmpl. Also on a local run 46 to 48 kmpl is normal which is delivered day in and day out. One factor i must say is you can cruse at 55 kmph range all day long with this scooter. Planning to take it to Manali next month to to see if this tiny machine can keep up with that.

Only 1 issue with the scooter. Headlight actually vibrates a lot these days on bad roads and was reported to service center. checked and headlight 2 clips were disintegrated. they promised me to get it replaced when they get the new stock and that too under warrenty. no other issues faced till now.

My Maestro Edge has done 3500+ kms in around a year and a half. Mostly I have used it for local conveyance and office commute only (and not every day due to my car) that is why such a low Odo reading. But since the 3rd free service time I am facing the problem of kick-starter getting stuck but did not get corrected though I have repeatedly told the ASS to correct it but each them they are citing lack of spares. My regular service center is Sai Balaji Hero at Mount Road. Been forced to use the electric starter these days and worried about the longevity of battery life if I use it so often from cold start.

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hi there,
I also own a maestro edge zx. Just completed one year and completed 18000 kms.
18000 kms in a single year,that too on a scooter!!!. Thats quite something. ! I have barely done 5000 in 3 years.Congrats for utilising this machine fully.

Hello@ Harishankar,

The issue you are facing was due to grease jamming in kick starter. I also faced the issue and service center fixed it for mere 70 bucks and no part is replaced. They just opened it up and cleaned it and than regreased and done. working perfectly after that. You need to try another service center or a local mechanic also can get this done for you.

@mayankdixit Scooter is used by me and my wife for office commutes and daily needs. Dont have a car from past 2 years as met with a serious accident and after that my wife is scared of owning a car. also due to accident was a bit uncomfortable using a bike. So bought this as a option for daily commute and proven to be a great companion for us. Whenever we need to go somewhere outstation within the range of 200 to 250 km there is not even a discussion about how to travel. Pack my bags and get the checkup done for scooter and vroom, get set go. Lovely scooter though. everyone love the looks and fw of my relatives were impressed with what this tiny machine can do as they own activas and it struggle to go uphill and gets heate up sometime. no such issues with my bike, although its not as smooth as access with 125cc engine known for its performance and smothness but still its a 110cc. Satisfied with the purchase.

Hello@ Harishankar,

The issue you are facing was due to grease jamming in kick starter. I also faced the issue and service center fixed it for mere 70 bucks and no part is replaced. They just opened it up and cleaned it and than regreased and done. working perfectly after that. You need to try another service center or a local mechanic also can get this done for you.
Thanks I will take it to local mechanic and get it checked. T

The reason I purchased Maestro is also because of its looks and I felt slightly more comfortable in seat than Jupiter (I am 6 footer and Maestro's seat seems slightly higher than Jupiter's)

Thread Starter #43

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Back tyre air leaking - My maestro Edge back tyre having the problem of losing air on its own and I need to top up the air once in 10 to 15 days. Initially, I thought it may be due to puncture and took the scooter to nearby puncture shop who filled up some air and checked for punctures but no trace of puncture anywhere in the tyre. The problem started 2 months back and I have filled up air 4/5 times since then. Now the puncture guy advises to put a tube and make it as a tube tyre instead of tubeless tyre.

Is it advisable to put a tube on a tubeless tyre?

Back tyre air leaking - My maestro Edge back tyre having the problem of losing air on its own and I need to top up the air once in 10 to 15 days. Initially, I thought it may be due to puncture and took the scooter to nearby puncture shop who filled up some air and checked for punctures but no trace of puncture anywhere in the tyre. The problem started 2 months back and I have filled up air 4/5 times since then. Now the puncture guy advises to put a tube and make it as a tube tyre instead of tubeless tyre.

Is it advisable to put a tube on a tubeless tyre?
Nair Sahab, I'll advise you to take it to a tyrewala who has a large water tank, let him remove the entire wheel, over inflate and immerse the entire wheel, even hairline puncher will show up, I did the same and got result.
After which take a call.

Thread Starter #45

Nairrk

Honoured Member
take it to a tyrewala who has a large water tank
None of the guys around my place (at least 5/7 kms) have that water tank facility to check the punctures. They have some solution (like soap water) which they add in the water and apply all over the tyre. They did the same thing on my scooter tyre and result was negative. I have asked them how we can be sure that this kind of checking is 100% accurate. He then applied the same solution to another tyre which was given for puncture work and seen that big big bubbles comes out of the area where there was tiny hole in that tyre. And I know this guy for many years and very expert in tyre related works .

Top Bottom