Feel The Josh: My New Maestro Edge Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Another service from Hero Motors which is called Hero GoogLife Membership. They collect Rs.175 towards this membership scheme and issue a card.

Benefits of becoming GoodLife Member:

-Earn points on every rupee spent at authorized outlets of Hero Motocorp.
-As a GoodLife member you are entitled for special rewards and exclusive discounts, which increases as you uprgade to the next level.

Here is what the manual says:

Aware there are many Hero Two wheeler owners here and can anyone explain or share your experience how is this membership programme - is it really worth/beneficial??

Thread Starter #18

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Update:

1st Service done today -Odometer shows 273 kms
Service cost Rs.359

They have not able to do the water service because some problem with the pump hence requested me to bring the scooter another day, at my convenience.

I have notified some minor complaints, like Handle vibration at low speed, noise from rear at low speed which were attended and the sound from rear side has gone. Handle vibration is still there but not like before. Service guy says this vibration will go once the scooter run more mileage.

They have also fitted the ladies grip which they missed out on delivery(this can be also used as extra parcel hook [roll] ):

Have collected the Hero GoodLife membership card alongwith Hero GoodLife Program declaration and certificate of Insurance.

The scooter now runs better and feel some more smoothness than earlier.

Over all a good and satisfied Service experience.

- When de accelerating there are some sound like ''crrrrrrrrrrr'' coming from engine or from rear side of the body - What could be the reason??
Congrats on your new scooty, so you finally took a decision and that to a great one [clap] The sound somehow is also present in my Activa 125 albeit is only audible when I accelerate above 50 kmph. The service guy told me its because it has a metal body which I told him was Bull Sh*t. Am out of station currently and when I'm back, he's gonna be gone [evil]

Thread Starter #22

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Now, after 1st service, that sound which was coming from rear side of the body has gone. Now only minor vibration on the handle bar that too when slow down the scooter and try to climb narrow path. May be this will go when the engine gets more smoother.!!

Thread Starter #23

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2nd Service Service done on 15th of this month at 643kms. They have changed the oil and the total bill Rs.182/-
+

All of a sudden, the Speedometer of my Maestro Edge stopped working from this morning. The needle not moving (remains at Zero) even when the scooter is on the move. However ODO/Trip meter and Fuel guage display is working. Need to take the vehicle to the service station...!![roll]

Thread Starter #25

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Have done 4th Service yesterday at 1730Kms.

No complaints from my side except there was some sound coming from the bottom for which I told them to check Side & center stand. Looks like they have tightened the stands and now that noise also gone and scooter become more smooth.

Service Bill Rs.187

I have also fitted a Glove Box which costs Rs.900 + Rs.115 fitting charges.

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Thread Starter #26

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Have done 5th Service today, ODO 2127kms (Very less usage since last 30/40 days due to rain season and mostly Car is being used for travelling).

No complaints from my side except right side view mirror was broken and had to replaced with new one.

The Bill as under:

250.00 - Review Mirror
293.75 - Super premium Oil
74.00 - Consumables
11.00 - Drain Cock packing and some O.Ring

Total paid Rs.629 ( this inclusive of GST)

The ride is now much smoother after the Service.

Thread Starter #27

Nairrk

Honoured Member
7th Service (Paid) done today. No complaints from my side hence not much work except usual service and water service done.

Have taken their ' Joy Ride' scheme by paying Rs.1095/-

The Scheme benefits (as written in their terms & condiitons):

- 4 periodic maintenance services at Authorised workshop for optimium vehicle performance

- Saving of up to 30% on service cost

- 5% off on engine oil

- Labour discount of 10% on additional jobs

- Free minor Jobs*

- Special invitation in all Free Check-up Camps

- Enhanced resale value of your vehicle

*Terms & conditions apply

They have also issued a Smart Card and with that we can enjoy the Perks of Hero JoyRide at any of the Hero Authorized Service Centes across India.

Total Bill Payable:

Consumable - Rs.70
JoyRide Programme - Rs.1095
Water service - Rs.170

No Labour charges or usual paid service charges (which they said Rs.325 + taxes) are not included this time which becomes free under JoyRide programme. The Joyride is valid for one year i.e 4 services.

Lets see how it goes...

Thread Starter #28

Nairrk

Honoured Member
8th Service (paid) done yesterday.

No major complaints except that I found mileage was bit slow after last service (was getting around 40/42 Kmpl).

Service guy suggested to clean the carburetor.

Total Bill came to Rs.340 i.e.:

Rs. 170 for Carburetor cleaning & Rs.170 for Diesel wash.

Other service charges are free because of 'Joy ride'' scheme (Rs.325 saving).

All ok, except the so called diesel washing. When I went over there to pick up the scooter, I found lots of dust / oil traces around the body and under the seat hence asked them to clean again, which they did (but his face gave the impression that he didnt like that) but I have to dry up the water traces all over the scooter body.[anger]

Will never ask them to wash the scooter in the forthcoming services as I finds its a waste paying Rs.170 for this kind dirty washing...

Thread Starter #29

Nairrk

Honoured Member
9th Service done today

No complaints from my side, hence no major work for them.

Oil Top up - Rs.96.00
Consumables - Rs.79.00

Total Bill Rs.175/-

Labour charges 'free' since I have taken the 'Joy Ride' plan.

Good ownership review. I also have Maestro Edge which I purchased in Oct-Nov 2017 and it has now done around 2150 kms and 3 free services completed.

I have a doubt. Does your engine whine a bit when the speed is over 45 km/hr? I hear the engine whining noise over and above wind noise when I push over 45 km/hr speed.

Also what is the current mileage you get? I haven't really checked tank-to-tank until the last couple of times, and I think I got only 150 kms distance and when I re filled the tank it came to around 4.5 litres for tank fill (there was one point of fuel left - not blinking), which I think is not a good mileage. I think I should be able to hit at least 200 kms before reaching warning level from a full tank. Am I right?

The main reason for choosing Maestro Edge over Tvs is because the seat height is more comfortable in Maestro Edge for a six footer like me. In Jupiter, my knees hit the handlebar whenever making a sharp turn, during my test ride.

Last edited:

Top Bottom