Feel The Josh: My New Maestro Edge Ownership Review

None of the guys around my place (at least 5/7 kms) have that water tank facility to check the punctures. They have some solution (like soap water) which they add in the water and apply all over the tyre. They did the same thing on my scooter tyre and result was negative. I have asked them how we can be sure that this kind of checking is 100% accurate. He then applied the same solution to another tyre which was given for puncture work and seen that big big bubbles comes out of the area where there was tiny hole in that tyre. And I know this guy for many years and very expert in tyre related works .
Best bet is carry a tub from home, the plastic one in which we give small children a bath.
I avoid this soap solution method, only in an emergency, I try it.
It's a headache but worth it.

Thread Starter #51

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Surely air is leaking through the valve if there is no puncture. i faced the same issue with my maestro and by replacing the valve pin it was resolved easily but the cost involved is huge.
10 bucks. hehehe

Thread Starter #54

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Another paid service done today (Km run 5225)

Complaints: Brake's not effective - sound comes when applying brakes, Kick start liver becomes tight (not able to do kick start), Washing and other usual service as per schedule .

On inspecting, they said that brake cables have to be changed which I told them to go ahead

Total cost Rs.1480 (Parts Rs.773.58 + Labor Rs.209.44+ paid service Rs.327.25 + Washing Rs.170)

They pushed me to take Joy Ride programme (previous one was expired) which costs Rs.1100/- for one year with 3 free services - labor charges and washing free. I did not consider that as knowing that I am not going to do the 3 services within a year in view of my low running.

The scooter has become very smooth now.

Another paid service done today (Km run 5225)

Complaints: Brake's not effective - sound comes when applying brakes, Kick start liver becomes tight (not able to do kick start), Washing and other usual service as per schedule .

On inspecting, they said that brake cables have to be changed which I told them to go ahead

Total cost Rs.1480 (Parts Rs.773.58 + Labor Rs.209.44+ paid service Rs.327.25 + Washing Rs.170)

They pushed me to take Joy Ride programme (previous one was expired) which costs Rs.1100/- for one year with 3 free services - labor charges and washing free. I did not consider that as knowing that I am not going to do the 3 services within a year in view of my low running.

The scooter has become very smooth now.
Did they change the oil, and gear oil also?

Thread Starter #57

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Today, I took my scooter to a tyre work shop who has the water tank testing facility. Filled the tyre with full air and immersed it in the tank. No leak found on the Valve or valve base, but found small bubbles escaping in between the rim and tyre edge. so that's the leak which has been causing for many days. The reason, according to the guy, that there was minor coating done on the rim which started coming out here and there (due to heat). So there is a gap formed between the tyre edge and the rim where the paint coating has come out and air escapes through that space.

He suggested two ways to prevent this - either clean the rim i.e remove complete coating (which will take a long time), or change to the tube. Changing another tyre will not help unless the rim coating has been removed fully. So, I have decided to put a tube now and will decide later about converting back to tubeless when this tyre become due to change (even then rim coating has to be removed completely and make the full surface clean)

Total Cost Rs.350/-

Top Bottom