Feel Like God: Bajaj Avenger Ownership Review

@Right now

Congrats for your new ride ! It looks decent in black color and with those huge tyres. I like the handle bar most than anything in this bike which will be perfect for comfortable seating I believe.

OTR looks to be very competitive for such bike, but yes why there are no more numbers on the road ? I still wonder.

I dream of owning something like this very often, but you know it doesn't suit for the family needs and may it looks bit odd for bit elder people like us[:)]

I have few questions

How is the low end torque of this bike and do you find any vibrations at high speed

What is the FE can be expected from this bike, I think Jayadev can answer this as he is using one from quite some time.

Did you ever felt that the instrument area to have digital with more details for such bike !!

Thread Starter #17
Accept my congrats Rightnow.
No doubt Avengy is one hell of a mind blowing cruiser bike and with the 220cc powerplant,it's even more sweeter than what we used to get one year back.
Wishing you very happy ownership and of course happy and safe mile munching!!
Thanks Vipul. Yes the 220cc comes with great power, and riding position is just very comfy to add icing on the cake..
@Right now
Congrats for your new ride ! It looks decent in black color and with those huge tyres. I like the handle bar most than anything in this bike which will be perfect for comfortable seating I believe.
OTR looks to be very competitive for such bike, but yes why there are no more numbers on the road ? I still wonder.
I dream of owning something like this very often, but you know it doesn't suit for the family needs and may it looks bit odd for bit elder people like us[:)]
I have few questions
How is the low end torque of this bike and do you find any vibrations at high speed
What is the FE can be expected from this bike, I think Jayadev can answer this as he is using one from quite some time.
Did you ever felt that the instrument area to have digital with more details for such bike !!
1. The low end torque is very good as per my short experience. You can pick up easily with little throttle. In spite of heavy weight, there is no heaviness felt in any gear. The vibrations are high at higher rpms, which is inevitable for a bike I think. I have yet not taken at higher speeds than 60kmph so can't really comment on high speed vibrations.
2. FE I have not observed yet, but some reviews say that 35 around can be expected from this bike.
3. I do not miss digital display at all. It shows everything that is required, total kms, trip kms, speed, and fuel panel has old style needle mechanism with redlining for reserve. I am still figuring out if low fuel warning would have been a good thing to have. However, I've got no problems with whatever info it shows either digital or analog!!

Black is a nice color as I thought red would fade sooner.
I don't think bike is for only younger chaps, elderly people will find it equally comfortable and suitably stylish. Its heavy weight may not go well with some old age people. To get a better understanding, I will ask my Dad to have a ride and will let you know his experiences.
Thanks for wishes.

Lovely bike, Rightnow. How I wish the engine was chrome plated. As I mentioned earlier in Jayadev's Avenger thread, the Avenger would certainly look much better with a flat handlebar and without that backrest. Customization possibilities are endless with this genre of bikes. Wish you a long and happy ownership. Run her in well, take care of the oil/filter changes, keep the chain lubricated at all times and always wear a good quality helmet.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #19
Lovely bike, Rightnow. How I wish the engine was chrome plated. As I mentioned earlier in Jayadev's Avenger thread, the Avenger would certainly look much better with a flat handlebar and without that backrest. Customization possibilities are endless with this genre of bikes. Wish you a long and happy ownership. Run her in well, take care of the oil/filter changes, keep the chain lubricated at all times and always wear a good quality helmet.
Cheers!
Engine chrome plated? I am not sure how would it have looked. Which bike has it? Any pics? Flat handlebar like pulsars would have spoiled the cruiser looks of this bike, don't you think so?
I am sure it would look better without back rest, but can't remove it or I may topple the pillion rider on road while picking up!!
I am planning to add chrome strips on front mud guard. Will update soon, and of course thanks for your wishes.

I guess this bike also shares the same powerplant as my 220 has and the only difference is in the power,power delivery,performance and FE.And of course gearbox too.

BTW,how much are the vibe levels?Because my 220 feels to be vibe free(nearly) at least till 6500-7000 rpm and I think I haven't crossed this rev range more than once or twice till date.

Thread Starter #21
I guess this bike also shares the same powerplant as my 220 has and the only difference is in the power,power delivery,performance and FE.And of course gearbox too.

BTW,how much are the vibe levels?Because my 220 feels to be vibe free(nearly) at least till 6500-7000 rpm and I think I haven't crossed this rev range more than once or twice till date.
Check this:

avenger vs pulsar 220.png

Compiled from Bajaj Pulsar 220 vs Bajaj Avenger 220DTSi Car Comparison - Zigwheels.com

So, whats the difference between gearboxes? Does your bike have a tacho?
Regarding vibrations, I will get used to soon I guess. I can't really comment as of now, but will try my colleague's pulsar 220 and observe if there is any difference of vibrations between two.

@Rightnow: I hope the keyring won't hit any plastic/painted part and scratch it while the bike is on the move.

Thread Starter #25
@Rightnow: I hope the keyring won't hit any plastic/painted part and scratch it while the bike is on the move.
No, it doesn't touch any part of the bike either metal or plastic, I have checked it already.
So, how does the key chain look?

I didn't know that Bajaj has changed the position of the key hole, mine the first gen Avenger has a key hole in a uncomfortable position(at the side of the handlebar).

Thread Starter #27
I didn't know that Bajaj has changed the position of the key hole, mine the first gen Avenger has a key hole in a uncomfortable position(at the side of the handlebar).
There are two key operations- one is ignition below the driver seat and another is handle lock besides the right hand side handle.
The earlier position that you mentioned would have been comparatively uncomfortable, I agree.

Thread Starter #29
Looks cool. Is it metal or plasto-chrome?
Completely metal (brass I guess). It looks cool and feels tough to touch. I ordered from ebay from these guys who make customized key chains. I forwarded them the logo and they made it. Nice artwork I would say.
Thinking about ordering a volkswagen logo chain too.

Completely metal (brass I guess). It looks cool and feels tough to touch. I ordered from ebay from these guys who make customized key chains. I forwarded them the logo and they made it. Nice artwork I would say.
Thinking about ordering a volkswagen logo chain too.
Key chain is indeed looking good. [clap]
Any idea whether they do names as well? and what is the amount they are charging for it?

Top Bottom