Feedback on Blaupunkt Touchscreen HU Offered By Tata

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I booked a tata safari and expecting to get it by 5th July, I am confused on the accessories part. I have posted this query in owner ship review as well -if it adds to redundency please delete it.
Does any one have feed back on blaupunkt touch screen provided by TATA, they quoted 21K with 2 complimentary speakers. When I asked them the model, they said it's customized for TATA and comes by name "storme uv". Any direct feedback from storme owners?

Re: Buying a Tata Safari Storme in Bangalore: Pre-Purchase Queries

I finally booked it and I did a PDI today -it will be delivered on 5th july Saturday. I can't sleep for two days ;)
BTW, Do you guys have any feedback on blaupunkt touch screen which tata offers? they told it will cost around 21K with two complementary speakers. Night sensing camera can be attached to it -which will cost additional 2k. Another accessory which I was interested was chrome grills on back and front light, which they quoted for ~2.5K.
Should I go for it or is it better to get it done outside?
This is in bangalore.
First of all congratulations. [clap]
HU is quite good I would say VFM but I didn't install those 2 speakers that came along with it so not sure about their sound quality, by " Night sensing camera" I believe you mean reverse camera, it helps but won't be that effective on a sunny day.
I read somewhere that those chrome grills come out on rough patches or bumpy roads, touchwood ours are still intact better ask them as complimentary[:D].

Thread Starter #4
HU is quite good I would say VFM but I didn't install those 2 speakers that came along with it so not sure about their sound quality, by " Night sensing camera" I believe you mean reverse camera, it helps but won't be that effective on a sunny day.
I read somewhere that those chrome grills come out on rough patches or bumpy roads, touchwood ours are still intact better ask them as complimentary[:D].
Thanks Priyank, Yes, actually I mean reverse camera (with 'night vision' :)) -did you installed a sensor instead of camera? which one is better or none at all ;)

ckp005, Congrats on the Storme, wheres the party ?

Regarding the ICE follow this thread -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...safari-storme-road-test-drive-review-192.html
Thanks anshuman, and thanks for the link. Party, why not, let me get my hands on it .. i am literally counting hrs :)

Priyank, one more question, which speakers did you install and from where (showroom or outside)? they suggested me JBL 509c component speakers for a price of 6K. I am not such a music freak -so if they are good quality, i will go for that. Additionally I prefer getting things done at showroom itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Buying a Tata Safari Storme in Bangalore: Pre-Purchase Queries

Thanks Priyank, Yes, actually I mean reverse camera (with 'night vision' :)) -did you installed a sensor instead of camera? which one is better or none at all ;)
Mine is a VX version, it came with the sensors that are integrated in the IRVM moreover i opted the reverse camera to make it more effective in the blind zones.I will suggest to go with the reverse camera first because of the sheer size of truck.

Priyank, one more question, which speakers did u install and from where (showroom or outside)? they suggested me JBL 509c component speakers for a price of 6K. I am not such a music freak -so if they are good quality, i will go for that. Additionally I prefer getting things done at showroom itself.
I installed Sony Xplod XS-N16502 purchased from outside and got them installed before delivery now the issue is HU can't supply the rated power and they are distorting even at slight volume, :( will see if anything can be tweaked via EQ or not otherwise will have to install an amp.Not a sound pro but i think JBL 509c will require an amp do confirm with the dealer before installation.

Top Bottom