Favourite Roads to Drive On

Thread Starter #31
May be m,any woulsn't have travelled by road!

BTW anything special about the route ?
Well ... it is said to be one of the routes you should not miss ... have not done it yet, so can't comment.

Have been wanting to do it (in a open top car if possible!!) ever since I saw Dil Chahta Hai!!

Hey check post no 19 of mine Aditya! I had said about ECR and also check Zinam's post after mine. And just give us a call when you come here so that we all can meet again.[:D]

Thread Starter #36
I remember that ... was asking for an update!!
And will be sure to tie up with you guys before I come!!

ECR remains the same way!

No great changes, the roads are small, thrill & scenic beauty just remains for ever.

Hope we all race here soon :)

Thread Starter #38
That is something to look forward to!!
Will keep you all updated on whether I make it there in May!!

Sure bro! The ECR still remains the same! Just two lanes with separate lanes for bikes on both sides. Its a visual treat to travel in nights in this road as the reflectors will be all along the stretch. But the most dangerous road to travel in nights as many cases of drunken driving accidents are recorded here!

Thread Starter #40
Me off for yet another drive on my favourite ... the Mumbai Pune E-Way!!
Hope I meet no speed checks!!

350Z

Core Team
Sure bro! The ECR still remains the same! Just two lanes with separate lanes for bikes on both sides. Its a visual treat to travel in nights in this road as the reflectors will be all along the stretch. But the most dangerous road to travel in nights as many cases of drunken driving accidents are recorded here!
Glad to know that we have atleast some place in India where bikers get a separate lane!

Me off for yet another drive on my favourite ... the Mumbai Pune E-Way!!Hope I meet no speed checks!!
Don't forget to click some pics!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #42
No pics on the e-way ... but went out in the evening with some friends on the Worli Sea Link ... my first time on that road.
Got some pics of that ... will upload hopefully by tomorrow.
[:)]

Thread Starter #43
Back after a real enjoyable journey ... PUN-MUM-PUN on the E-Way and back ...

The journey there was a blast ... 97 km from beginning to end of the E-Way in 55 minutes with a pit stop and 3 tolls ... at an average fuel consumption of 6 lits / 100 km!!

Am attaching a pic of the Worli Sea Link ... the photographer was hanging out of my sunroof to take this one!!

Attachments

Excellent pic. I envy you. Your cars got the sunroof which is a nice feature to have. None of my cars have it.

Thread Starter #45
Thanks ... credit to the photographer.
Was anyway driving at 50, that is the speed limit, and enthusiastically enforced.

My takes on the Sea Link.

Well done ... the approach on the Bandra Side, the road surface ... the approaches to the toll.
Not so good ... the approach at the Worli side.

The link is as yet incomplete, only one side of the road is open, so the 4 lanes have been bifurcated into 2 going each way.
A few accidents on the same have meant that a 50 kmph speed limit is enforced ... I actually saw one Esteem stopped for the same.

The structure is awesome, and well highlighted with the lighting.

Nice experience ... hopefully to improve with the full complement of 4 lanes each way, and maybe a higher speed limit!!

Top Bottom