FASTag: What, How & Why

Nairrk

Honoured Member
CUG wallet/account is mainly for mutiple vehicle like tour operators or those who have more than one vehicle under one name/account. From one CUG wallet/accunt, you can pay for different vehcles/tag account.

CUG wallet/account is mainly for mutiple vehicle like tour operators or those who have more than one vehicle under one name/account. From one CUG wallet/accunt, you can pay for different vehcles/tag account.
How to block company installed RFID tag it may interfere with fastag.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
How to block company installed RFID tag it may interfere with fastag.
You mean company FASTag (RFID Tag) is affixed to the windscreen of the vehicle and toll charges are directly paid from the company CUG wallet/account??. In that case, the company has to cancel the tag.

Alternatively, you can remove the Company Tag from the Windscreen and fix your ICICI Tag. The system will scan whichever tag fixed on the windscreen and the money deducted from that Tag or CUG account.

You mean company FASTag (RFID Tag) is affixed to the windscreen of the vehicle and toll charges are directly paid from the company CUG wallet/account??. In that case, the company has to cancel the tag.

Alternatively, you can remove the Company Tag from the Windscreen and fix your ICICI Tag. The system will scan whichever tag fixed on the windscreen and the money deducted from that Tag or CUG account.
The tag in question is the one installed by manufacturer. It is used for service center, some people facing tag detection issues at toll plazas if both tags on windshield. So I want block it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The tag in question is the one installed by manufacturer. It is used for service center, some people facing tag detection issues at toll plazas if both tags on windshield. So I want block it.
Sorry, I am bit confused. Why service center needs a Fastag sticker which you claim to have installed by manufacturer? (As far as I know, Fastag is the system and RFID is the technology so both are same in terms of usage). Please clarify with the service centre that the sticker installed by the manufacture is really a Fastag sticker or something else? ?

Also, are you regularly recharging that fastag/RFID fixed on your car windscreen?

(When I bought my Tigor last year, the dealer advised me that Fastag is compulsory for Registration and as such he charged me Rs.600 for same. He bought a Fastag from Paytm without my KYC details and handed over to me on delivery of the vehicle. When, I tried to upload KYC details, there was some error coming from Paytm system, hence I did not follow up further. Now, since Fastag become mandatory, I purchased one from ICICI and pasted on the Windscreen. So, it is the dealer who arranges Fastag initially for registration purpose which can be also used further if needed, provided we recharge regularly ).

Sorry, I am bit confused. Why service center needs a Fastag sticker which you claim to have installed by manufacturer? (As far as I know, Fastag is the system and RFID is the technology so both are same in terms of usage). Please clarify with the service centre that the sticker installed by the manufacture is really a Fastag sticker or something else? ?

Also, are you regularly recharging that fastag/RFID fixed on your car windscreen?

(When I bought my Tigor last year, the dealer advised me that Fastag is compulsory for Registration and as such he charged me Rs.600 for same. He bought a Fastag from Paytm without my KYC details and handed over to me on delivery of the vehicle. When, I tried to upload KYC details, there was some error coming from Paytm system, hence I did not follow up further. Now, since Fastag become mandatory, I purchased one from ICICI and pasted on the Windscreen. So, it is the dealer who arranges Fastag initially for registration purpose which can be also used further if needed, provided we recharge regularly ).
Manufacturer provided tag also RFID tag which uses same technology like fastag. But Manufacturer provided tag stores the important information about car which service people use. At present we can not recharge it. ICICI bank is trying to do it near future, that time we can discard bank specific fastag and we can use manufacturer provided tag for both purposes. So I am finding ways to block it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
But Manufacturer provided tag stores the important information about car which service people use.
So I am finding ways to block it.
If that tag contains important information about the car and you are blocking it will be problematic for the service guys during the future service? Suggest, discuss with the service guys or write to the manufacturer to see what are the alternatives available??

If that tag contains important information about the car and you are blocking it will be problematic for the service guys during the future service? Suggest, discuss with the service guys or write to the manufacturer to see what are the alternatives available??
We can block temporarily with some aluminum foil and tape at the time of service we can remove it. The thing is looking for better solution.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
We can block temporarily with some aluminum foil and tape at the time of service we can remove it. The thing is looking for better solution.
If I am correct, It is not just your problem, but all the cars which were sold by that dealer/manufacturer facing similar problem with that manufacturer installed sticker which contains the car/service related information.

Possibly, someone may have already discussed this problem with the service guys and there could be some solution they may have. Did you discuss about this with the dealer?. If no assistance coming from the dealer, then may be the better solution will be to block temporarily as you suggested

If I am correct, It is not just your problem, but all the cars which were sold by that dealer/manufacturer facing similar problem with that manufacturer installed sticker which contains the car/service related information.

Possibly, someone may have already discussed this problem with the service guys and there could be some solution they may have. Did you discuss about this with the dealer?. If no assistance coming from the dealer, then may be the better solution will be to block temporarily as you suggested
Tbhp guys discussing the issue. Due to two RFID tags sometimes fastag not detected, delayed. When blocking the manufacturer tag, fastag detection is very fast. So some Tbhp people removed, scratched the manufacturer tag. As per my knowledge it contains very important information regarding the car which can only shared by manufacturer and dealer. I have ordered RFID blocking pouches on amazon I will paste it on manufacturer tag let us see how it works.

RFID tagss are different than RF card. RFID tags activated by radio frequency itself no batteries required. So when ever toll gate sensor sends radio waves both the tags activates and sends information so this takes delay in identifying fastag or not detecting at all. Many users complaining tag not detecting this is one of the causes. It may detect, but late, you pay cash latter on your tag amount debited.

Only ICICI integrating manufacturer tag into fastag but they said it will take couple of months. This entire hurry fastag venture by govt is to benefit some companies. They might have discussed and made implementation of using only manufacturer tag for all purposes.

Last edited:
@Nairrk, how is your ICICI fastag experience, some people on TBhp complains of detection problems. ICICI customer support advised them to enter tag details in any toll plaza. Does this procedure is known to toll plaza people? at least do they know how to do it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@Nairrk, how is your ICICI fastag experience
In fact, I did not get a chance to use it so far (never had a chance to cross any such Fastag enabled plaza so far-. The nearest toll plaza is in Mangalore which is 120/130km away from my home and I have not driven to that destination so far). Got the Fastag for convenience and fixed it on the car (just in case if any emergency),

Presently, all other toll plaza's in my district are only have the Cash payment system.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
FASTag To Be Available Free Of Charge For 15 Days

In order to further increase digital collection of user fee via FASTag at NH fee plazas, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has decided to waive off the FASTag cost of Rs.100/- for NHAI FASTag between 15th and 29th February, 2020.

Road users can visit any authorised physical point-of-sale locations with a valid Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle and get a NHAI FASTag free of cost. The applicable security deposit and minimum balance amount for FASTag wallet shall, however, remain unchanged.

Source:

There is a news that 100 rupees waive off for fastag's applied till 29th. How to apply for the same? Need to apply one for the friend.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
There is a news that 100 rupees waive off for fastag's applied till 29th. How to apply for the same? Need to apply one for the friend.
Please check the previous post (post no.208) of this thread, for details.

Road users can visit any authorised point-of-sale location with a valid registration certificate (RC) of the vehicle and get an NHAI FASTag free of cost, it said.

(According to media reports, “To search for the nearest NHAI FASTag point-of-sale locations, one may download MyFASTag App, or visit www.ihmcl.com or Call 1033 NH helpline number,” )

Top Bottom