FASTag: What, How & Why

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Recharging to Fastag account is similarly like any other recharges. In fact, I have two Tags (one was taken by the dealer from Paytm when I purchased my car in 2018 which do not have Car registration number because the tag was taken before registration (Fastag details are compulsory for RTO registration). After registering the Car, I tried to upload documents to Paytm website but failed (Paytm problem). Then I left it like that and not bothered.

Now, after seeing the mandatory requirement for Fastag for Toll payment and Government issued ultimatum to get Fastag, I applied fresh with ICICI which I got it after 32 days.
In the meanwhile (whilst waiting for ICICI Tag), I just tried the Paytm Tag and surprised to see its also activated (without any documents uploaded) but in order to test whether it is actually active or not, I recharged Rs.50 from my debit card and that Rs.50 also added into my balance.

In the meantime, I received the Tag from ICICI and pasted it on my car (somehow I decided to use the ICICI Tag) .

I have recharged Rs.50 to Paytm from my ICICI debit card and Rs.100 to ICICI fastag using a Citibank Credit Card. Both recharge were successful (not necessarily you have to recharge from the same bank you have purchased the Fastag).

Suggest, you read the FAQ from the Bank websites for more clarity.

Any one tried Syndicate bank Fastag, I have successfully registered and got the account number but no information on Fastag. Their toll free number not working.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Any one tried Syndicate bank Fastag, I have successfully registered and got the account number but no information on Fastag. Their toll free number not working.
Toll free number of all Fastag service providers do not work or it is always busy.

You got account number, but any Tag number given there. Normally, they open the account and then assign a Tag number which you can see after logged in, Once Tag is assigned, then same will be forwarded to their despatch division who will then send same to you by courier.I got it 32 days after applying and 16 days after Tag number allotted (from ICICI)

Toll free number of all Fastag service providers do not work or it is always busy.

You got account number, but any Tag number given there. Normally, they open the account and then assign a Tag number which you can see after logged in, Once Tag is assigned, then same will be forwarded to their despatch division who will then send same to you by courier.I got it 32 days after applying and 16 days after Tag number allotted (from ICICI)
Tag number still not allotted. Yesterday mid night I have registered. In your case is the Tag number allotted at the time of registration or after some time.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tag number still not allotted. Yesterday mid night I have registered. In your case is the Tag number allotted at the time of registration or after some time.
On applying, I was given a Customer ID and a Fastag A/c Number but Tag was assigned after 2 weeks and they took another 2 week to despatch the Tag (may be due to some problem with the despatch guys - believe they first tried with courier who do not have service in my place and then they changed to Speed post to despatch the Tag to my address).

On applying, I was given a Customer ID and a Fastag A/c Number but Tag was assigned after 2 weeks and they took another 2 week to despatch the Tag (may be due to some problem with the despatch guys - believe they first tried with courier who do not have service in my place and then they changed to Speed post to despatch the Tag to my address).
OK, some relief, In my case Fastag account number is there. I hope customer ID is mobile number in syndicate bank. I have recharged account with Rs. 600 it is reflecting in the account. They have asked front, back and two side photos of the car. I don't know why these are required. I hope getting fastag at toll gate is instant right, no time to go there and I don't know which toll issues tags in Bangalore. Any toll 50 km away from me.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
ICICI didn't ask any documents or photographs etc to be uploaded. They only asked the vehicle registration number and payment of Rs.450/- (may be they didn't ask for KYC details since I am already an account holder with ICICI?)

ICICI didn't ask any documents or photographs etc to be uploaded. They only asked the vehicle registration number and payment of Rs.450/- (may be they didn't ask for KYC details since I am already an account holder with ICICI?)
This syndicate bank tag account no is not linked to any bank account. Just like SBI.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Guys any idea how do I add another vehicle in my ICICI tag account.

Initially I ordered two tags and for both I got a different customer id. Now I want to add 2 more cars but in the one of the existing customer id.
Now they have updated some things and now one can manage different accounts through mobile number.

Screenshot_20200128-131034.jpg
Point Blur_Jan282020_131401.jpg

Top Bottom