FASTag: What, How & Why

Re: How to get FASTag in Bangalore

Long Story Short:

1. Call either Mr.Yogesh, Yeswantpur / 903 609 5980 or Mr. Chandu, Jalahalli / 988 600 3839 / 080-2838 7755.
After trying websites / SMSes, sick of not getting any one following up. Bumped on to this thread. I had tried calling Mr Chandu. He is asking me to send the documents by email (gmail). Safe enough?

Last edited:
Re: How to get FASTag in Bangalore

After trying websites / SMSes, sick of not getting any one following up. Bumped on to this thread. I had tried calling Mr Chandu. He is asking me to send the documents by email (gmail). Safe enough?
Nope never send documents via email

A quick update.

After about a week after registration from ICICI / HDFC websites, got an email on last Friday (from Sahaj) from HDFC. ICICI, still no response.

And got a reminder call too today for the email submission of documents. Unfortunately that lady called from Kolkata & can't speak English. Will submit the documents today by email. Let us see how long they will take.

Another update, 2 weeks, no action from HDFC Tag, Sahaj.

I applied to them (with all documents & bank transfer details) on 4th Sept. It has been officially 2 weeks now. No response. Have escalated via email. After a day or so, I will call them.

That's lousy on their part. I don't understand why they behave like THIS.

The torture of "Getting a BSNL SIM Card a decade ago" comes to my mind.

That's lousy on their part. I don't understand why they behave like THIS.

The torture of "Getting a BSNL SIM Card a decade ago" comes to my mind.
I know that feeling. But their services have dramatically improved since.

I went directly to NHAI office to take the rfid in 1 hour
You can say I am a bit lazy & my need is not exactly immediate. Hence I decided to test these processes, for the benefit of experience.

I got fastag about 3 months back, in my experience its a mixed bag. In my car, it works at some toll booths and getting invalid tag message in some toll booths. I could get it work by reversing and going forward a couple times or get them to manually scan using handheld scanner but this cant be done sometimes, due to lack of person at the toll and will take few minutes(I would rather reverse and pay toll by cash if it takes too much time). In some tolls, It will work on one direction but it won't work while returning.

I got fastag about 3 months back, in my experience its a mixed bag. In my car, it works at some toll booths and getting invalid tag message in some toll booths. I could get it work by reversing and going forward a couple times or get them to manually scan using handheld scanner but this cant be done sometimes, due to lack of person at the toll and will take few minutes(I would rather reverse and pay toll by cash if it takes too much time). In some tolls, It will work on one direction but it won't work while returning.
Heard from many that Fastag RFID are not getting scanned properly as most of them are pasted near OEM RFID. Somewhere i have read that if you paste it away from OEM RFID especially on your left top side then there is no problem in getting it scanned.

Just a quick question for others, can we remove OEM RFID ?

I have a query
I haven't opted for fastag yet. I pass through thrissur toll , Kerala (also called paliyekkara toll) twice every month at night. There is a fasttag lane also, but it is not reserved for fastag vehicles alone. Hence the queue is equal for all the lanes and I don't see any gain in time to pass.

Unless there a dedicated fasttag lane in toll booths, what is the advantage of fasttag except being a cashless transaction.

I have a query
I haven't opted for fastag yet. I pass through thrissur toll , Kerala (also called paliyekkara toll) twice every month at night. There is a fasttag lane also, but it is not reserved for fastag vehicles alone. Hence the queue is equal for all the lanes and I don't see any gain in time to pass.

Unless there a dedicated fasttag lane in toll booths, what is the advantage of fasttag except being a cashless transaction.
In some T_Plazas, they do this, though they are not supposed to do. Vehicles w/o FasTag are required to be charged more than the defined Toll. Perhaps the rush is too much and Lanes are limited. Yet, this is NOT correct.

A person goes thro' some pains to get the Tag. If he is NOT given preferential treatment in the dedicated lane, what's the point of having a Tag ? Your Question is extremely valid. If someone from NHAI sees this thread, he has some power to implement disciple in FasTag Lane. Let's hope.

Last edited:
Vehicles w/o FasTag are required to be charged more than the defined Toll.
Very true. I always see the board stating "Non Fastag Vehicles entering Fastag lanes will be charged thrice the toll amount" at Annewadi toll plaza in Maharashtra. This board is always overlooked by motorist as well as toll attendant.

Similarly, on MPEW near Khalapur toll plaza their is left turn which takes you towards NH66 via Pali while coming from Pune. This is single booth lane (without fastag) while rest of the booths are allocated for Mumbai bound traffic. If one wants to exit MPEW here then the toll has to be paid via cash.

Last edited:

Top Bottom