FASTag: What, How & Why

Nairrk

Honoured Member
14 days since I applied for the Fastag but the Tag not yet arrived.

There are reports that 70 lakh tags issued ahead of the December 1 deadline and November 26 saw the highest per-day sales at 135,583 tags.

See the report

It seems, I will have to wait more days to get the Tag from ICICI.!

I believe that government would be extending the deadlline for fastag atleast till 31/12 or further ahead as what we have been seeing for various other decisions extended till the population is provided with the necessary tags and this is what i even heard from one of the toll plazas in gujarat i was at last week where the fastag employee shared this news what they thought would be applicable.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Guys any idea how do I add another vehicle in my ICICI tag account.

Initially I ordered two tags and for both I got a different customer id. Now I want to add 2 more cars but in the one of the existing customer id.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I read somewhere that if one buy, under corporate heading you can buy as many Tags in one customer ID. But for individual names, I doubt the same is possible and think that each Tag will be issued under separate Customer ID.

Suggest talk to ICICI toll free number.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Electronic Toll Collection (FASTag) Deadline Extended To December 15

The deadline for 100 per cent toll collection through Fastag stickers across the nation has been extended by two weeks. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has extended the deadline to December 15, 2019 which was supposed to be implemented nationwide on December 1. The government has decided to extend the deadline by 15 days for the convenience of vehicle owners. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) or Fastag is a small tag at the top-left corner of your vehicle's windscreen that lets you pass through all toll booths without coming to a halt.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Still, I have neither received the Tag nor any reply to my 3 complaints from ICICI.

Suddenly, I remember the Paytm Fastag Tag which was taken by the Tata Dealer when I purchased the Tigor (even that time, Fastag was mandatory for registration). At that time I tried to load documents but Paytm system was not accepting the docs online and I was told to visit any of their local offices. The nearest Paytm office was some 40kms away from home, I didn't try that way because at that time it was not a must for me to use the tag and then I forgot the matter.

Today, I found the Paytm Tag in my file and wanted to try to load the documents again to see if I can use it now. I then logged in to Paytm (I had the password registered previously with them) and it's showing a balance of Rs.150/- available, which means the Fastag is still valid?

Still, I have neither received the Tag nor any reply to my 3 complaints from ICICI.

Suddenly, I remember the Paytm Fastag Tag which was taken by the Tata Dealer when I purchased the Tigor (even that time, Fastag was mandatory for registration). At that time I tried to load documents but Paytm system was not accepting the docs online and I was told to visit any of their local offices. The nearest Paytm office was some 40kms away from home, I didn't try that way because at that time it was not a must for me to use the tag and then I forgot the matter.

Today, I found the Paytm Tag in my file and wanted to try to load the documents again to see if I can use it now. I then logged in to Paytm (I had the password registered previously with them) and it's showing a balance of Rs.150/- available, which means the Fastag is still valid?
Nair Sahab,
Install the Paytm app on your mobile and apply new, ignore all the old issues.
I'm to receive both my FASTag from Paytm on Monday, i applied on 18th November.
The deadline has been postponed to 15th Dec, could go on to 31st.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nair Sahab,
Install the Paytm app on your mobile and apply new, ignore all the old issues.
Playtime app already installed. When click on ''Manage Fastag'', it shows 'available balance Rs.150 for your next toll payments.
Does this not mean that the Tag is still valid? (If go for a new one, I may lose this Rs.150, balance amount?)

it shows 'available balance Rs.150 for your next toll payments. Does this not mean that the Tag is still valid?
Yes, it is valid. The amount ₹ 150 is a deposit. You have to load additional amount in your Paytm FASTag wallet to pay for the toll. Have the Paytm app in your phone and load any amount. It will show in the passbook in the app.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
es, it is valid. The amount ₹ 150 is a deposit. You have to load additional amount in your Paytm FASTag wallet to pay for the toll. Have the Paytm app in your phone and load any amount. It will show in the passbook in the app.
I have recharged for Rs.50 to test. and now the passbook shows as:

Paytm wallet: Rs.100 (just recharged amounts of Rs.50 added into paytm wallet + Rs.50 cash back from Paytm credited on 30th march 2019)
Fastag balance: Rs.150.

My TAMO dealer collected Rs.600 towards Fastag charges before registration of the car which break up likely - Rs.250 refundable security deposit, Rs.200 Paytm charges and Rs.150 minimum balance to maintain towards toll charges.

A doubt -
I use highways once a year only , so is there a separate lane (Non Fasttag) , through which I can wait (If it is crowded) , pay the toll fee and proceed ?
As per AGM NHAI one will be hybrid(extreme left accepts cash and fastag) but that too will be converted to digital in timely manner.
Personally I hate fastag.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I use highways once a year only , so is there a separate lane (Non Fasttag) , through which I can wait (If it is crowded) , pay the toll fee and proceed ?
Even, if there is a separate lane for non-fastag vehicles, the toll charge will be double. My case also will be same as yours because as far as I know there are no Fastag toll plazas anywhere near my place or at least within 150kms range (and I never crossed this limit so far). However, everyone is going in for this Fastag, I too decided to go for it and stick one on my car too..[roll]

Even, if there is a separate lane for non-fastag vehicles, the toll charge will be double. My case also will be same as yours because as far as I know there are no Fastag toll plazas anywhere near my place or at least within 150kms range (and I never crossed this limit so far). However, everyone is going in for this Fastag, I too decided to go for it and stick one on my car too..[roll]
They have never mentioned in Office memorandum about double charge in hybrid lane they mentioned that the lane will be converted timely basis to digital payments. This memorandum is signed by Assistant general manger NHAI. It is available on public domain.

Top Bottom