Famous Passenger Cars Spotted As Taxis

Thread Starter #16
I have noticed a blue Rolce royce in calicut recently on the way to airport . a brand spanking new one.Taxi I suppose I saw the Hotel name

I see the cars not the number plates.[:)]
Sayaji hotel in indore has 1 seen with my own eyes . Taj Kolkata has jaguar xf [clap]

prediction, huh! the amaze will surely make an appearance here next year. 400 L boot + diesel mileage @ 25 km/l would tempt all taxi wallahs
We have chevy Beat with micro mini boot running as Taxi from east to west what is a Brio ?

People are using own car as Taxi as well as for private use this is no surprise in modern days.
Who cares if you are coming by Taxi or car nowadays.
oh Yes nit-picky ego centric would![frustration]

In Mumbai we get to see a variety of cars with yellow plates.
New Swift, DZire, New DZire, Santro, Ertiga, Innova, Tavera, Indica, Manza, Indigo and CS, Ertiga, SX4, Etios, Vento, City, Scorpio, and the list goes on and on. N number of Mercs and BMWs are seen. I have even seen a Jaguar and a RR Evoque. Never seen an Audi in yellow plates. Also never seen an XUV with 'T' mark. Have seen just one Fluidic and one Liva in yellow plates. BTW I too have not seen a POLO till now. Also people say Brio is also on roads in yellow plates; but havent seen though.

Last edited:
We have chevy Beat with micro mini boot running as Taxi from east to west what is a Brio ?

People are using own car as Taxi as well as for private use this is no surprise in modern days.
Who cares if you are coming by Taxi or car nowadays.
oh Yes nit-picky ego centric would![frustration]
have not hired a taxi since long but yeah in delhi we used to get a wagon R for 500 odd bucks a couple of years back for 8hr/80kms. needless to say it was with aftermarket CNG/LPG.

Re: Famous passenger cars spotted as taxis .

Wow good I started this thread never knew some cars which you think can never be taxis are used somewhere as taxis too , seriously punto and nano too as taxi [surprise]
Which SUVs are used as taxi in kerla ?
here in kerla, i've seen few ertiga,and aria. i guess some star hotels in trivandrum own teana and x-trial as taxis.

Well, at my office, we have Mahindra Scorpio-Mhawk, Xylo, Bolero & Tata Safari as taxis. BTW our plant head uses a hired Toyota Fortuner.

Whats the big deal ,I have seen Punto taxi in Kerala and Nano too
True. In kerala, one can find all unexpected vehicles as taxi. Even saw, Tata Aria! But IMO, luxury cars are quite less as a taxi. There was one somewhere in kerala. Ferrari! Remember?

Thread Starter #24

True. In kerala, one can find all unexpected vehicles as taxi. Even saw, Tata Aria! But IMO, luxury cars are quite less as a taxi. There was one somewhere in kerala. Ferrari! Remember?
In Mumbai airport inside the airport I think indigo or go air use aria , beside that I have seen many tata aria as taxi with proper yellow board .

In Mumbai and outside Mumbai you will also Scorpio used as taxi a lot . Specially the ex model , the same which is posted above in the start of the thread .

Well here in Bangkok, Altis and Innova is used as primary public taxi mainly and as limos, one can find S classes, Teana, E classes, Camrys, Fortuners, Innova, Jag XJ(recent additions).

I saw Maruti 800 the same way. Had luggage stand on the roof with 2 luggages. The car was looking like a lowrider due to the extra weight! :tongue:
Buddy please visit IGI arrival gate where in tax stand you find plenty of 800s. I even hired 800 once from airport to home [evil]

Thread Starter #29
Today saw a tata aria as taxi , and a Scorpio taxi too nowadays a lot of Scorpio taxis in Mumbai attaching some pics .

Mods- iam on iPad and can only upload 1 pic at a time kindly merge the post please

And here is the Scorpio

And here is sx4 and again Scorpio as taxi

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom