False Commitment By Tata Dealer. Took Existing Car & Not Delivered New One (Resolved)

Thread Starter #1
Respected sir,

I am forwarding the latest letter in the series of letters written to Oberoi motors, dealer of TATA Motors Dehradun as they are not responding to me. 1st request was written 12 days ago.

1. The salesman visited on 28-09-2012 gave us a test drive of ARIA PURE 2X2 We booked it on that very day with a token amount of 2100/-cash as from next day SHRAADS were going to start, for ARCTIC SILVER,only on this ground that they will be delivering the vehicle in third to sixth of the navratraas.i.e on 18-10-2012 to 21-10-2012 .On 02-10-2012 they took my Ford IKON car saying that because only 15 days are left,they will; in the mean time sale(at a cost of 275000/-)/-, receipt no.OberaiM-RCT-1213-002270 DATED 04-10-2012 (in exchange offer with ARIA and giving the copy of new R.C.and insurance within few days so as to facilitate me in availing the no claim bonus on my next car ARIA.in Navratraas.)

2.After many reminders they are not providing the papers to me EVEN TILL 20 10-2012

3.Now on as FIRST day of NAVRATRAAS,as my bank has promised they provided me the draft for CAR.

When I contacted the sales person, he said it is not possible for them to deliver the vehicle in navratraas. Then when he was not picking my calls I then contacted the TATA ARIA assistance no.they asked me to again contact Oberoi motors.Now I contacted manager in sales.He told me that "why you prepared the draft for ARIA , CANCEL IT it is now not possible to deliver ARIA in the promised time and also don't know when ARIA in our desired colour will be manufactured by TATA MOTORS". I requested him to at least give me some date and what about the promise ?.The reply was "I don't know" .when I asked him that we are without our car and the booking was only only on the NAVRATRAAS delivery grounds.He said that they are there to sell cars and don,t listen so much from a customer and you tell us if any TATA dealer is having a ARIA of your booked colour choice, we will arrange it from there."

I AM ASKING AS A CUSTOMER " WHY SHOULD I GET A VEHICLE FROM OTHER DEALER? I CAN ALSO DO IT MY SELF THEN.

3.Now sir what is this? TATA SALES TRAPPED US AS WE WERE GOING FOR XUV 500, only on the Navratraas delivery grounds the booking was made.
my vehicle is taken away since 02-10-2012.

No new R.C. AND NEW INSURANCE has been provided till date

And we have to listen such things.

WHY TATA MOTORS is spending so much on advertisements "navratraas offer ...etc etc." when according to your dealers ARIA is not been manufactured in the colours specified in TATA ARIA catalouge.

WHY TATA TOOK OUR BOOKING?.

Also before accepting the booking When the sales person has asked his seniors regarding the delivery and confirmed me ,Weather it was all a gimmick to TRAP PEOPLE like us.If we were to wait so it was better for xuv500. Tell us our fault ,I AM WITHOUT MY FORD CAR,NOT RECEIVED THE TRANSFER AND INSURANCE PAPERS,CANCELLED THE DRAFT OF THE HEFTY AMOUNT AND STILL ASKED TO WAIT.. FOR WHAT?

I am really sorry ,that I have used such words.but whole of the pleasure is gone and now my friends i are saying "see we knew it's TATA after all and it is best suited for taxi not for people of our profile" A VERY THANK YOU TATA motors FOR THE PLEASENT TATA ARIA EXPERIENCE.

I Lodged a complaint in TATA ARIA RAPID RESOLUTION TEAM ON 15-10-2012 ( MY Tata Aria Priority assistance COMPLAINT NO. is 135030371377589954.and other complaint no.at customer care is1-17261623220),Who's email was as following my friends ".The Rapid Resolutions team will contact you at the earliest and make sure that your complaint gets resolved.(THEY CLAIMED WITHIN 48 HOURS) it’s a big joke .It seems team IS BUSY IN THE FESTIVAL SEASON dear FRIENDS, And it’s seems to be an auto generated email. to pacify GENTLEMAN FOOLS LIKE US WHO DARE TO OPT FOR TATA ARIA INSTEAD OF XUV500 OR INNOVA OR ERTIGA)

YESTERDAY 021-10-2012 whaen I contacted the TATA assistance NO.18002097979.They told me that your complaint has been blocked/resolved according to their record. see dear sir what a big lie from TATA motors assistance are[surprise]. Just guide me now where to go and do as whole of our families festival moods has been darkend up.

Today is 22 oct .I strongly recommend customers don't fall in their sales people trap.GO TO SOME INTERNATIONAL BRAND. THEY THINK EVERY BODY GOING TO TATA IS GOING TO DRIVE A TAXI.

LET TATA MOTOR'S NEWLY APPOINT M.D. should KNOW THIS, THAT'S WHY TATA is lacking behind Mahindrs.THEY ARE NOT TRAINED TO ENTERTAIN PEOPLE OF OUR PROFILE.IF THIS HOW THEY TREAT CUSTOMER FOR THERE FLAGSHIP VEHICLE .I REALLY FEEL SORRY . ALSO SIR I AM THINKING SERIOUSLY TO DONATE WHOLE OF THE booking AMOUNT 275000?+2100/- ...TO TATA MOTORS BY COMMING MY SELF TO THE TATA HEADQUATERS TO THERE M.D. BY MY SELF vie a flight, So that they may invest in providing good training to there sales staff,SO THAT NO MORE WE INDIANS MAY FEEL SHAME ON GOING TO BUY A HOMEGROWN AUTOMOBILE GIANT IN FUTURE. BRING INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS SIR YOU ARE NOW A INTERNATIONAL CO.

WHAT A PITY. I am thinking what TATA do with people buying NANO,INDICA,VISTA,MAANZA OR SUMO OR SAFARI WHEN PEOPLE OF OUR PROFILE ARE MANHANDLED verbally AND being CHEATED in the broad day lightWHAT A PITY. I am thinking what TATA do with people buying NANO,INDICA,VISTA,MAANZA OR SUMO OR SAFARI WHEN PEOPLE OF OUR PROFILE ARE MANHANDLED verbally AND being CHEATED in the broad day light. were the tata commitment has gone I don't know.

TELL ME DEAR SIR WHAT I SHOULD DO? TODAY IS 22 st oct tomorrow is the last day of navratraas AND STILL I DON’T KNOW WHEN ARIA WILL MOVE FROM THE TATA PLANT. SINCE 28-19-2012.JUST FALSE WAITING?

DO RESPOND TO THIS MAIL TO GUIDE ME.

Thanks and regards.[confused]

Re: False commitment for TATA ARIA and customer care are deleting my complaint no. sa

Sorry to read this. You can also go to consumer court on the grounds of false promises made by Oberoi Motors.

Re: False commitment for TATA ARIA and customer care are deleting my complaint no. sa

According to your line "I AM WITHOUT MY FORD CAR,NOT RECEIVED THE TRANSFER AND INSURANCE PAPERS." i assume you haven't received any papers regarding your " FORD ICON ", in that case (please correct me if am wrong) you can file an FIR on the grounds of cheating and attempt of Theft.

Also If you havn't paid any thing other than 2100/- booking amount then straight away ask them to return you cash and move on.

I hope you have received Money for your FORD Icon which you exchanged..? with tata. If answer is YES then , just cancel the bookings , and ask for refund.

Thread Starter #4

They have given me a receipt for amount of 275000/- receipt no.OberaiM-RCT-1213-002270 DATED 04-10-2012.but having the amount by themselves as booking amount If I take the amount and move away,don't you think they will be cheating more customers like us in near future.I think they needs donation from people like us to improve this sales system.

Re: False Commitment from Tata Dealer. Took My Existing Car & Not Delivered New Car Y

Felt so bad on reading your worst experience with that tata motors.
Just go to consumer court.
They have your money and cheating you thats the worst.
They have some 2.75 lacs as booking and why cant get a car for you dont leave that guys.

Re: False Commitment from Tata Dealer. Took My Existing Car & Not Delivered New Car Y

navneet, since they took your Ikon, you can file an FIR in a nearby police station. This will speed up solution way faster than consumer court case.

The best way is to ask them for money back with interest. as per the market rule (even we have law as well). they owed your money and does't want to give you the vehicle. On that ground you will ask them to give your money back (other wise exchanged car) with interest. If they fail to do so you can lodge an FIR under the section of Fraud and false commitment.

I think it is better to take issue with sanity and follow the steps below:

1. Go to dealer, ask him to refund you everything and cancel the booking.
  2. If he is not ready to do so, say politely, I am going to file a FIR against you on the grounds of fraud and cheat and also going to consumer court.
  3. I hope by the time, he will start having his heart in his mouth, and try to convince you by giving more false promises.
  4. I say, don't fall for them, just take the refund and go to other dealer and peace of mind.
  5. Or else go ahead and file the FIR and also case in consumer court.

i would say go for a refund, even if they get you a car , the feeling is lost from either sides.
if they do refund your money with interest fine, else file an FIR for fraud, theft of your vehicle , you name it.

best of luck with you choosing your car, and if your mind is still stuck with the aria check other dealership hopefully the company owned one.

Thread Starter #10

Hi,guys on 23-10-2012,the door bell rang in post lunch rest time's hours, and a smart guy with bouquet of flowers was standing with a million dollar smile and brushing shoulders with him was a familiar face. The man with flowers introduced himself as TSM(UV) and other was the same sales person from Oberoi motors dehradun who,booked my Aria. TSM was very down to earth person, he admitted the mistake of the dealership,and there and then made many calls,to move Aria from the Pune plant.Even the Oberoi sales person also admitted that they were not able to answer my questions as they were clueless? I really liked his honesty[:)]
TSM promised me to deliver the vehicle before 5th of nov. REALLY IT WAS A NICE AND PLEASURE EXPERIENCE. IT seems TATA also have some soft corner for there to be customers.
Also I liked TSM'S wordings, he stressed that "SIR WE PREACH OUR SALES STAFF THAT ,IT'S NOT THE CAR BUT WE ARE SELLING A RELATION TO A CUSTOMER" [clap]
Also I got a confirmation from tata motors officials that Aria has been dispatched to me.
I am waiting for the aria also they both have promised me some surprise gift . Guys I will post you what happened at PDI and at the time of delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

An excellent end , perfect win - win. Probably Karl (TATA MD) has read Navneet's original post.

Congratulations man. Now we need a detailed ownership review form your side and lots and lots of pics. All wells that ends well.

Cangrats....do some photo session and post here

Oh Navneet - i completely empathise with you

Take the best course of action from among all updates and suggestions reccomended by fellow Team members

Top Bottom