Facebook – Is it a Boon or Bane?

You opinion about Facebook?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Facebook. Who is not familiar with this name today? Personally, I have seen the pace at which Facebook has took over the Orkut in India and many people (including me) have switched to it. But the question arises, whether it’s a boon or bane? Although I find it a useful way to connect with various people across the globe, including friends but excess of anything is a kill. Same goes with this social networking website too. Sometimes I find it to be a big time waster, which is why I have strictly controlled myself from this stuff. Now I just visit occasionally, that too primarily for two reasons: 1) TAI Official Facebook Page and 2) Page Updates from auto manufacturers. What about you? Let's begin this grand debate.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I was a member some time back but later found that it is not going anywhere. All sort of people directly or indirectly. Gazing into your personal stuff, so decided to move on and cancel my registation.

If at all, my friend is going to get in touch they need not to show their affection online. After all, " A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you".

I do not favour FB at all but that's me and not necessarily the voice of youth.

For me, FB serves the purpose of connecting to friends who i have not been in touch since long. Additionally i use it for TAI related stuff. As for sharing of personal stuff is concerned, i have hardly anything personal out there.

For me, FB serves the purpose of connecting to friends who i have not been in touch since long. Additionally i use it for TAI related stuff. As for sharing of personal stuff is concerned, i have hardly anything personal out there.
Good for yoy Akash but unfortunately I got confused with personal / family feeds with friends feed and I do not want them to clash at any movement. Probabaly, that is the reason I keep myself away from such stuff.[confused]

it is very amusing according to me. i use atleast 6-7 hours of fb a day. especially now with the facebook app on iPhone, it is even more addicting. it serves the purpose of communicating with friends. i mean i can chat for free with my friends!

I am not an active participant of FB, but it is useful to find my old friends whom I have lost contact for years. That way it is good. but as said too much of anything is like poison which has to be used cautiously.

I don't say it is waste of time, but a time pass.
Thanks to Facebook & Orkut, I got back many of my school friends after so many years.

It depends on how we utilize it. In-fact we can blame SCIENCE for nuclear bombs, etc etc, but if we think about the positive side of it, it is really a boon. Everything depends on our vision.

Why to blame FB for using your personal informations. Better not to feed them. Only a few details which could identify yourself to the old friends is more than sufficient.

AMG

Suspended
I dont really get it.

Why are people interested in meeting people that they havent met in the past so many years?

I for one, have a principle: I leave behind all the memories and friends and blah blah the moment I leave the place.

Call me heartless, call me ruthless, call me massively practical, call me whatever...........

Thats me.

Why are people interested in meeting people that they havent met in the past so many years?
I for one, have a principle: I leave behind all the memories and friends and blah blah the moment I leave the place.
That depend on individuals dude.

It isn't intentionally left their relationship years ago and now interested in meeting them. For me school during school days it was just another day, but once when I recall those memories now, I'm missing the golden days and a few fellow well wishers, of course 'transformed' enemies for silly reasons blah blah blah.

During those days emails and mobile phones were not so popular so all our relationships were put on end. Now through social networks we are in touch. Thats it.

AMG

Suspended
But then there is something in life called "MOVING ON"

You cant spend all your life in school with the so called memories.

But then there is something in life called "MOVING ON"

You cant spend all your life in school with the so called memories.
Yes, I do agree. But only to some extent.
Leaving everything & keep on MOVING doesn't make any sense. If that is someone's way of life, I doubt may be their parents are in that list too.[cry]

I wont say its absolutely boring or waste of time. As Mr.Boss when i did my schooling mobile phones were not popular , so lost contacts with all of them. Nowadays through FB i have caught all my school friends back. And also some of friends are put up at various places , helps me keep in touch with them for free!

Although i am not a huge fan of FB or addicted to it always , just use it 2 hours max a day.

Top Bottom