Extra Cabin Light

Thread Starter #1
hey guys!!
i was planning to put up an extra light in the cabin of my alto towards the rear side. so i was thinking as to how this could be done , whats the cost etc. so guys has anyone done it in their altos????

napster

Suspended
you get circular lights which can be mounted at the centre but i guess its not available in white, usually you get them in blue, if you want white, then you can upgrade your stock cabin light to white led ones, i did so and the whole cabin gets lightedup, its equal to a torch

Hi Harsha,
What is the purpose for this extra lighting? Is it for more light or for decorative purpose
If its for more light then you can change your stock cabin light bulbs and put on some LED's which would be brighter than your stock lights.

Else get a circular neon light and install it in the center of the cabin so that you get enough light in front & rear and this also looks cool with a blue shade.

you get circular lights which can be mounted at the centre but i guess its not available in white, usually you get them in blue, if you want white, then you can upgrade your stock cabin light to white led ones, i did so and the whole cabin gets lightedup, its equal to a torch
+ 1 . We even get those circular neon tubes in white shade here.

Hi Harsha,

You need not add lights at rear room.

You can add White LEDs in your stock location which will enlighten your cabin.

It costs Rs.600 here, But no warranty for these :)

Renegade

Suspended
Hi Harsha,
What is the purpose for this extra lighting? Is it for more light or for decorative purpose
If its for more light then you can change your stock cabin light bulbs and put on some LED's which would be brighter than your stock lights.

Else get a circular neon light and install it in the center of the cabin so that you get enough light in front & rear and this also looks cool with a blue shade.
Circular neons are here in all Mumbai cabs [anger] Stupid cabbies.
In my opinion i won't suggest a circular neon.

Hi Harsha,

You need not add lights at rear room.

You can add White LEDs in your stock location which will enlighten your cabin.

It costs Rs.600 here, But no warranty for these :)
I'll agree with Zinam.
I did mine for 120 bucks(DIY).
But due to fitting problems i removed it.

@sriharsha
what do you need the lights for??
illuminating the boot?

Thread Starter #7
my need for the light is 50% illumination in the boot and 50% decorative purpose. since mine is a red coloured car, i thought of going for red coloured bulbs.
@zinam
led's cost 600rs? whats there in led's to cost that much?
@renegade
ya buddy. i think dilip(aka devil) too had done some DIY on led lighting.

There is nothing!

But it is the price here :)

May be after bargain, he might come for 550 Bucks!

napster

Suspended
i got one for my ride for some 300rs i guess, i did a DIY too, it lightens your entire cabin..love it :)

Renegade

Suspended
my need for the light is 50% illumination in the boot and 50% decorative purpose. since mine is a red coloured car, i thought of going for red coloured bulbs.
@zinam
led's cost 600rs? whats there in led's to cost that much?
@renegade
ya buddy. i think dilip(aka devil) too had done some DIY on led lighting.
Red won't help you buddy
If you'll use red it'll be 100% decoration but the illumination is very much reduced.
Better illuminating colours are Blue and white.

napster

Suspended
blue again becomes decoration, better stick to white, helps you in all ways, blue gives you intensity but not visibility

here is my cabin light

Thread Starter #12
@ napster
thats enough of light for the cabin.BTW are those led's? i remember you telling thet they cost you around 300 bucks right? and is it possible to get the stock replacement bulb of white colour? the stock bulb gets heated very soon.

Arun

Suspended
You wont get a stock replacement white. LED's do just fine and are the only option. Also look for under dash strobes like I have in my Estilo.

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
@ napster
thats enough of light for the cabin.BTW are those led's? i remember you telling thet they cost you around 300 bucks right? and is it possible to get the stock replacement bulb of white colour? the stock bulb gets heated very soon.
no you wont, you need to get a led chip, with either 12 or 24 leds, mine is 24leds. installation is very simple, all you have to do is just conect the wires coming from the chip to your stock bulb holder.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Every hatch needs extra cabin light in the boot as in Indica. Simplest idea is to add one more cab light like the one in the front with 2 modes.

DIY led job will cost arnd 100 bucks if you are upgrading the front unit.

Top Bottom