Expert Opinions and Suggestions For Alto K10 Alloy Wheels

Thread Starter #1
Hi, Seeking an experts opinion and suggestion on alloy wheels for my new Alto K10.

This is my first car and want to go for alloy wheels.. after seeing so many posts i am confused now. Pls clarify on below points

- can we fix the alloys for the same tyres provided by the company. If no, pls let me know what are effects.
- is it really required to change the tyres to size 165/60 R13.
- let me know can we get the alloy wheels which can fit the tyres provided by the company.
- is upsizing of tyres really required for Alto k10.

Thanks

350Z

Core Team

Fazer

Suspended
Read the answers(in bold) for your query below-

- can we fix the alloys for the same tyres provided by the company. If no, pls let me know what are effects.
Yes, Alloys can be fitted with stock 13" tyres of your K10. If your budget allows, then get bigger tyres, say 14", so that you can also get bigger alloy wheels. If you stick with the current stock tyres, then you have to buy 13" Alloys only.

- is it really required to change the tyres to size 165/60 R13.
If you are buying Alloys with same tyres, then No problem. You can add alloys to the existing tyres.
If you want bigger 14" Alloys, then it is necesarry to get 14" tyres.
However, It is not necessary to increase tyre size (which increases handling and you have to compromise on comfort) and if you want new tyres, then you can also get 13" Alloys with 13" Tyres.

- let me know can we get the alloy wheels which can fit the tyres provided by the company.
Yes, of course. The size of the alloy has to match the size of the tyres. Some good brands are - Plati, Neo, Aura, Prestige, etc. Some good tyre brands are - Bridgestone, Goodyear, etc.
If you want to add alloys to tyres given by company, then you have to add 13" Alloys only.

- is upsizing of tyres really required for Alto k10.
No, it is not necessary. Here are the pros and cons of upsizing tyres/wheels in k10-
Pros-
Increased stability at high speed
Better Handling and Cornering
More road grip
Cons-
Less comfort on bad roads
Tyres may touch the Wheel wells on full load leading to scraping[frustration].

I would recommend you to stick to stock tyre size i.e. 13" if you have bad roads in your city and go for 14" if the roads are well cemented.[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Fazer

Suspended
I know 350Z. But, He never asked about Warranty! :lol!:

Since It's his new car, he must stick to 13" Wheels with same tyre size (Incase of tyre change).

@Nagesh- Any pic of your car and your favourite alloy design? I can do a PS job for you.

i have bought 13" tiara bridgestone T 043.
no modification on tyres.
Tyres are touching the Wheel wells leading to scraping. even i have changed the shockers.
kindly suggest

Top Bottom