Experience With My Italian Ride - Fiat Punto 90HP

Thread Starter #31
nice car for money worht,..but the ASS is worst compare with other brand,..
prakash, sorry for replying late, but i really want to make you know that i never felt any issue related to ass, as my initial posts reflects this. And that is true. I know cause i am a fiat user.

I have been experiencing tass since a long time and never faced the same issue more that once. I think, in attempt to make themselves better they have become very good if not excellent.

Btw our first car was a maruti and i was not satisfied with mass, they tend to make you feel that you are a poor subscriber and there is no way out other than them.( My experience)

Sorry, if somehow i offended.

Really a nice ownership review!. On post #3, there are cool pointers which are very well said. The seat covers look awesome! How about changing the armrest's colour also into black?
Thanks!

About the FE, I also agree with the other members here that the most of the people just boast of their car's FE. It's akin to those traders (in stock markets) who show off by saying, "I made a killing on that trade; made a cool lakh!", etc., etc.,. But they only know the truth.
Disclaimer: I'm into financial markets :)

Thread Starter #33
Hey guys a new incident happened yesterday, some good and some bad. Firstly bad, driver side door lock lever went kaput due to which I am unable to lock my car.
And the good one, Yesterday it was my friend’s engagement when I reached there I came to know that I am unable to lock my car, so I appointed the parking guy after making some payment.

After the ceremony we(my 3 friends and me) headed to the bhabi’s home to meet her personally, after get-together with her we felt hungry, it was 9:30 pm so we decided to have dinner in pacific mall, I parked my ride in the second basement of the mall, and guys parking lot was hardly having space, somehow I parked it. Just after 10 min we came back, as there was no space in the food court as well.

In the process of taking my ride out of lot, a matiz kissed rear fender of my ride, instantly I came out and tried to inspect the scratch, voila there was just some paint residue of matiz, which can easily be removed with petrol dipped cloth. I stepped behind the wheels and moved towards the exit.

We reached the exit ramp( highly inclined), at the time car was crawling and one of my friend said “what a car it is, not even able to climb the ramp easily”. Then I just replied “take a look at my feet”. He was surprised, looking that they were away from the pedals and the car was even accelerating, and I was smiling like always.

He again said “what a car it is”, this time it was in a praising manner. So after exiting the mall we headed towards mahagun mall. We took a healthy meal in the mall, time came to exit the mall and my friends requested to do the same on the ramp, cause this ramp was more inclined and longer than last one, this time even I was surprised to see the capability of my lovely ride, and my friends were just praising my ride again and again.

I have experienced many incidents like these, in which i felt there is something really exclusive in this car. And some people says that punto is not fun to drive, how funny.

I don’t feel driving like fire on your tail is funny in any way, I find people getting surprised, with my ride far more funnier than accelerating rapidly.

I remember someone saying that, fun to drive factor is diff. for everyone, it is just like, I find a girl hot is not necessary that you‘ll also. And I completely agree with this fact, after all we usually drive in city, and I don’t like jerky ride, though sometimes I do drive rash just for other kind of fun[evil]. I think punto is very much capable of giving you every kind of fun which a car can.

Have fun and drive safe.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Thread Starter #35
Yesterday, I have got my ride serviced first time.
I won’t say that it was a pleasing experience at starting but later it really was.
It started with some bad, when I reached oberai cars, I saw that it was full of cars so I decided to resolve the issue related with locks and get it serviced some time later.

First of all I went to GM’s room to have some conversation with Mr. Gopalan and get my ride serviced, instantly an SA came and said that he already have more than 10 fiats to be serviced, so I dropped the idea of its service. I asked Mr. Gopalan only resolve locking issue, he confirmed the same and took the keys.

I went to the sales dept. as it was time for lunch, to meet the people at sales, who have now become my friends. I came back to take a look at my ride, it was still parked on the road outside.

As soon as I went near the car, I saw some scratches on the rear bumper. It seemed as if it was hit and I was just[anger](not again). Then I tried to meet Mr. Gopalan, guess what my bad, as he was in meeting. With no other way out, I started waiting for him outside the meeting room.

As soon as he came out, he said that left front door latch is faulty and I am getting it replaced under warranty. I interrupted and told him it is been hit from behind. There are lots to scratches on rear bumper and he was just[surprise]. Then he said don’t worry meet me in service dept. meanwhile I am calling your vehicle inside.

Same as he said happened within minutes, he then took a thorough look at the damage and replied don’t worry you won’t be able to find the damage, only after rubbing, if something would still be noticeable then I’ll take care of that.

After hearing this I was just[clap]. In a short while job card opened and people started working on my ride. Instantly a thought came into my mind and I asked Mr. Gopalan why you don’t get it serviced as there is nothing to do, but to check and top-up the vehicle as it is first service. He confirmed and asked the SA for service.

All in all experience was good, every earlier issue were also resolved. She was looking beautiful, when coming out of bath.
I thanked Mr. Gopalan for whatever he did to make my service experience pleasing. As soon as I took steering in my hand it was feeling fresh, with smooth gears, lighter clutch. I knew nothing related to these things has been done but still…….. I don’t know why.

Have Fun And Drive Safe.

Today I have got seatcover fitting done, they are now looking very good, along with them, i have got my armrest covered[glasses].
Good to know that you are very satisfied with the service centre, the one thing which is killing Fiat in India is the after sales service.
Please do post some picture's of the seat cover

Thread Starter #38
Here are the pics guys

Photo1739.jpg

Photo1740.jpg

Photo1741.jpg

Photo1742.jpg

Photo1745.jpg

Photo1746.jpg

Photo1743.jpg

Photo1747.jpg

Photo1749.jpg

Photo1755.jpg

Photo1756.jpg

Photo1759.jpg

Photo1760.jpg

Photo1762.jpg

Photo1763.jpg

Photo1766.jpg

No wrinkles at all. Now i am in peace, in respect of seat covers atleast.

Now let me tell you a good thing, yesterday i met the installer and manufacturer of these covers in karol bagh delhi, he told me that he could have gave me those seatcovers in just 5 grands including the installation. I was just shocked listening to him. Still no regrets as i got them included in the deal.

When i told him that i am a TheAutomotiveIndia member, which is an auto enthusiast forum, he requested to post the pics over the forum. He was unaware of the fact that even if he won't say it, i am gonna do it.

Thread Starter #40
One questions guys, is the placement of no. plate supposed to be fined, though it is according to the traffic police guideline, which are on their official website.

Last edited:
One questions guys, is the placement of no. plate supposed to be fined, though it is according to the traffic police guideline, which are on their official website.
Seat covers look cool.

If the no. plates are as per guidelines on traffic website, then ideally you should not have a problem.

But you don't know traffic police if they have read those guidelines or not. Frankly I haven't seen such placement in any vehicle be it any low end or hi end car. You must be cautious.

Thread Starter #44
Good to know that you are very satisfied with the service centre, the one thing which is killing Fiat in India is the after sales service.
Please do post some picture's of the seat cover
Though i am satisfied with the ass but seatcovers are reinstalled by krishna enterprises karol bagh delhi(Basically Seatcover Supplier but installs as well).

Top Bottom