Experience With My Italian Ride - Fiat Punto 90HP

Thread Starter #16
Congrats buddy. Even I have a white 90hp.

I have clocked 15k on my odo and I do feel the performance has improved vastly.
Thanks, I already know, have already read nearly all your posts in some other forum. I was feeling bad when i came to know that you sold your oem wheels and aftermarket wheels were irritating you.:wink: BTW what is efficiency of your ride now.

Reverse parking sensors are helpful in a certain way, some times it is not easy to see obstacles, some time we don't notice them, in those case sensors tell you about them, they also tell you, how long you can go in reverse. But they are not helpful if you are trying to reverse at road side due to pedestrians, they keep beeping. You have to take some decisions even of you have them.

Thank you.
you said 'they also tell you, how long you can go in reverse'. How does it work, is it specific to punto?

Thread Starter #19
you said 'they also tell you, how long you can go in reverse'. How does it work, is it specific to punto?
No its not specific to punto, It is applicable for all reverse parking sensors. They usually have a display which tell you the distance b/w your bumper and obstacle.[:)]

Thanks, I already know, have already read nearly all your posts in some other forum. I was feeling bad when i came to know that you sold your oem wheels and aftermarket wheels were irritating you.:wink: BTW what is efficiency of your ride now.
The alloys are no more an irritant now. Things have been sailing smoothly after I installed hub centric rings. Have done a lot of high speed cruising since then, no issues at all.

Is it become peppier in 2nd gear? did you get it serviced. If yes, please explore the billing.[clap]
Well, to be very honest, NO.

There is no praiseworthy increase in peppiness. Yes, third gear onwards the car pulls strongly. At a recent express highway drive, I was at 130 kmph and wanted to overtake a Fortuner. Just a dab on the throttle and the car accelerated quickly to 150 kmph and then to 160.

Yes, I have had two free services done. You can read about it in my ownership report here.

Else, see the first service report here and the second service report here.

Thread Starter #23
Else, see the first service report here

I have seen both of your service reports, but i wonder how did you manage to get these figure before first service. BTW i never get struck in B2b traffic more than 20 min at least.

My daily drive is ALWAYS peak time bumper to bumper traffic. My car has been giving a consistent 14 kmpl (trip computer shows 15 kmpl).

Yesterday I refueled the car & reset the tripmeter. Being a saturday, roads were fairly empty. The trip computer showed 22 kmpl! That just means, with light city traffic, the 90 hp can easily give atleast 18 kmpl.

[surprise]

Thread Starter #24
I completely agree!
Even I read in many blogs and websites in which people were claiming FE of their Swifts & Dzires to cross 20 in the city, but its totally FALSE.
Be it Swift or Dzire ,it gives FE with a/c in the city max to max 15-16kmpl,only if the driver is driving with super light foot on the accelerator.
Source-My friends and cousins.
Even my dealer said,before I got Ertiga that "Sir, isme bhi ddis engine hai, 20 to araam se degi ye city me aur 24-25 highways pe"
And its not giving me anything above 15kmpl in city and I'm very much satisfied with it.
What to do of these silly owners[lol]. Thank you for making the air clear.[clap]

Earlier I used to work at a place which was 22 kms away from my place. The road was always jam packed and those 22 kms sometimes took me more than an hour!

On such roads, there is no point in revving the engine too hard. I upshift at around 2000 rpm. Hence, I used to get a FE of 14-15 kmpl. As I said, on empty roads, I get around 17-18 kmpl. On a mix of city and highway, I get around 16 kmpl.

But, these days, my workplace is just 2 kms from my place. The car does not even reach it's operating temperature! The route is not a main road, its an inner road and the car is always in first or second gear. Average speed must be around 5 kmph!!! Hence, I am getting a FE of 10-12 kmpl.

Thread Starter #26
Earlier I used to work at a place which was 22 kms away from my place. The road was always jam packed and those 22 kms sometimes took me more than an hour!

On such roads, there is no point in revving the engine too hard. I upshift at around 2000 rpm. Hence, I used to get a FE of 14-15 kmpl. As I said, on empty roads, I get around 17-18 kmpl. On a mix of city and highway, I get around 16 kmpl.

But, these days, my workplace is just 2 kms from my place. The car does not even reach it's operating temperature! The route is not a main road, its an inner road and the car is always in first or second gear. Average speed must be around 5 kmph!!! Hence, I am getting a FE of 10-12 kmpl.
This is really good info. for me which i can use, though i don't revv hard,, always upshift at 2000 rpm.

Top Bottom