Experience With My Italian Ride - Fiat Punto 90HP

Dont tempt Vivek further [:D]

Technically, considering Punto's in gear rpms, to reach 200 kmph rpm should be @5k range which is almost close to auto cut off limit. So, engine wouldnt be happy doing that.

@Vivek, nice pics. Do keep safety on top priority before flooring your Beast's pedal.

Thread Starter #273
Will it touch 200?

Regards,
Sankar
Whenever i went to highway trip, punto is usually fully loaded and while taking this pic there were a 50 kg wheat grain bag in the booth along with other luggage and need not to mention 4 people on-board.

Technically, considering Punto's in gear rpms, to reach 200 kmph rpm should be @5k range which is almost close to auto cut off limit. So, engine wouldnt be happy doing that.

@Vivek, nice pics. Do keep safety on top priority before flooring your Beast's pedal.
buddy as far as i have experienced punto's auto cut off is set at 4500 rpm but when she does high speeds they can even go beyond that. First high speed pic proves it.

Btw thanks for your concern.[:)]

Its 4600 in the pic.

Last edited:

Oops Sorry Vivek. Please don't try it. Asked it out of curiosity. I had only managed 140km/hr in my ride but couldn't go beyond that due to not so good roads. We don't have roads like Yamuna expressways in kerala[frustration]

Regards,
Sankar

Oops Sorry Vivek. Please don't try it. Asked it out of curiosity. I had only managed 140km/hr in my ride but couldn't go beyond that due to not so good roads. We don't have roads like Yamuna expressways in kerala[frustration]

Regards,
Sankar
The Punto does a speedo indicated 180kmph eh? That is nice. I wonder what the real speed figure is. My friend did a speedo indicated 170kmph in his Polo before he ran out of road. Wish we could find out the real world speed though.

And yes. I agree with Sankar. You guys are lucky you have such beautiful roads up north. The roads here....Well. let's not talk about it.

Regards,
Vipin

The Punto does a speedo indicated 180kmph eh? That is nice. I wonder what the real speed figure is. My friend did a speedo indicated 170kmph in his Polo before he ran out of road. Wish we could find out the real world speed though.

And yes. I agree with Sankar. You guys are lucky you have such beautiful roads up north. The roads here....Well. let's not talk about it.

Regards,
Vipin
Roads are actually good but we don't have any expressways here where we can push our car to limits safely[cry]. You guys are very lucky up in north who can push your ride to limits safely. I am sure the experience will be awesome.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #279
Went to Oberoi cars noida yesterday, to get the pulling issue of my ride resolved.
Everything was taken care by them, they also checked underbody for any unexpected damage and did some adjustments in the underbody shield. And not to mention they washed/vacuumed it as well. She is shining like new, again.

Thread Starter #280
Guys here it is my 1000th post. I wanna tell you all that every bit of being on TAI was a lovely experience for me. I hope that the my experience would be much more pleasing in the future.
Thanks TAI, thanks to you all guys.

Thanks & Regards
Vivek

Thread Starter #285
Recently got my car serviced at 25k kms, costed me 13.5k for all the fluids change along with service. It was third service, now I have also filled Synthetic oil from petronas instead of selinea, which costed another 3200 bucks.

Got the tires replaced as well. Got Michelin XM2 205/65R15 installed and they are serving me very well. Spent ~25+3=28 grand on tires which includes installing used tires to check if this size would be fine or not.

Got the brake pads replaced as well which costed another 3200 bucks. Got them replaced at 25000 kms, I think it's fine. It seems that the life of pads is fine, considering the braking and weight of Punto.

Top Bottom