Experience with Mahindra's New Door Step Service Facility

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

After considering all the options, I decided to get my mHawk serviced at Home .. yes its right at my doorstep.

Mahindra has launched a new Doorstep service and are doing it pretty well. I checked with them that if they will be able to clean, service and do all that is required at 10k service and the answer was a big YES. After thinking about it, I thought let me go for it and experience it as I was not able to take the Hawk to the ASS. So finally I called them home and believe me I was pleasantly surprised.

Here is the full report with loads of pictures

The Team arrived at 11:30pm as promised (in fact they came prior to the time given 12pm). I got them to the basement of my apartment which is where I thought will be the best place for the act. They came in the Mahindra pickup truck - see in the pictures below and opened all the doors. Inside they had the full arsenal for the battle which was very much like I 've seen outside india. And in a moment, they were on the job.

The crew had 3 people, 1 main technician, one engineer and one helper. They took about 3.5 hrs in total to complete the whole service including test drive and paper work.

There's "No Extra" cost you have to bear for DoorStep service. You only need to pay the regular charges and for the consumables.

Srv001.jpg

Srv004.jpg

Srv005.jpg
This is the main chief engineer who performs the main function, coordinates with other two and gets the job done.

Srv006.jpg

Srv007.jpg
Replacing transmission oil - Mahindra MaxiMile

Srv008.jpg
Replacing transmission oil - Mahindra MaxiMile

Srv009.jpg

Srv010.jpg

Srv011.jpg

Thread Starter #2
Mahindra DoorStep 10k Service report

Srv013.jpg

Before they start the job, they cover the driver seat with the cloth cover as they I guess do at the A.S.S

Srv015.jpg

The other guy started cleaning the carpet/mats

Srv016.jpg

Srv017.jpg

Srv018.jpg

Mahindra DoorStep service vehicle

Srv019.jpg

Srv020.jpg

Srv023.jpg

Srv024.jpg

Battery inspection in progress

Srv025.jpg

Srv027.jpg

State of my engine before the cleaning

Srv030.jpg

Srv031.jpg

Srv032.jpg

Srv033.jpg

Srv034.jpg

Srv035.jpg

Srv037.jpg

Third guy doing something under the vehicle.. guess was adjusting the clutch etc

Srv040.jpg

Srv041.jpg

Srv042.jpg

Tyre inspection in progress

Srv043.jpg

Thread Starter #3

They removed the wheel caps by pulling them and I was so surprised that the nuts on these wheel caps are just for show or fooling thieves that they are bolted :)) But in fact they are not. Now I have to be cautious about this fact.

Srv044.jpg

Vacuum cleaner

Srv046.jpg

Srv047.jpg

Brake inspection in progress

Srv048.jpg

Srv049.jpg

Srv050.jpg

Srv051.jpg

Srv052.jpg

Srv053.jpg

Srv054.jpg

Srv055.jpg

Then they cleaned the tyre rims with some chemical to remove dirt which was badly stuck and to make it look new and clean

Srv056.jpg

Srv057.jpg

Srv058.jpg

Engine compartment is then sprayed with some chemical to remove the dirt and before servicing cleaning

Srv060.jpg

Service in progress

Srv061.jpg

Service job card getting filled and checked for the remaining jobs. The guy explained me everything they were doing and were going to do..

Srv062.jpg

Job card / checklist for 10k service

Srv063.jpg

Service in progress. They then vacuumed the interiors with the vacuum cleaner which did a great job​

Thread Starter #4

job
Srv064.jpg

Service in progress

Srv065.jpg

Srv067.jpg

Srv069.jpg

Srv070.jpg

Srv072.jpg

Interiors getting cleaned

Srv073.jpg

Srv074.jpg

Srv075.jpg

Srv076.jpg

Srv077.jpg

Srv078.jpg

Srv080.jpg

Srv081.jpg

The person then cleaned the mats with the vacuum cleaner

Srv082.jpg

Srv083.jpg

Srv084.jpg

Thread Starter #5

Washing is done after all the complaints regd the engine etc are sorted out. So this is what i was waiting for and they brought out the hose pipe to start the power wash job

Srv087.jpg

Srv089.jpg

Srv091.jpg

Srv092.jpg

Srv093.jpg

Srv094.jpg

Srv095.jpg

Srv096.jpg

Srv097.jpg

Srv098.jpg

Srv099.jpg

Srv100.jpg

Srv101.jpg

Srv102.jpg

Srv103.jpg

Srv105.jpg

Srv107.jpg

Thread Starter #6

The guy tried reaching under the vehicle for a good underbody wash at the best he could. This is the only place where I felt that A.S.S would be better unless you have a car wash ramp at your place. But still I guess he cleaned it to whatever best he could. No Complaints.

Srv109.jpg

Srv110.jpg

Srv111.jpg

Srv112.jpg

Srv113.jpg

Srv116.jpg

Srv117.jpg

Srv119.jpg

Srv120.jpg

Srv122.jpg

Srv123.jpg

Srv124.jpg

Srv125.jpg

Srv126.jpg

Srv127.jpg

Srv128.jpg

Srv129.jpg

Srv130.jpg

Srv132.jpg

Srv133.jpg

Srv134.jpg

Srv137.jpg

Srv139.jpg
Cleaning gear which has huge tubs of water for cleaning, generator for the motor to work and for the vacuum cleaner plus other tools etc

Thread Starter #7

Srv140.jpg

Srv141.jpg

Srv142.jpg

Srv144.jpg

Srv145.jpg

Srv146.jpg

Srv147.jpg

Srv152.jpg

Srv154.jpg

Srv155.jpg

Srv156.jpg

My beast after the final wash

Srv157.jpg

Drying and Wiping the vehicle

Srv158.jpg

Srv159.jpg

Srv160.jpg

Srv161.jpg

My daughter also brought her cycle to get a good wash and the person did not say a single word and did clean her cycle with a good splash of water. Even after this he said they have enough water to clean another car :) was surprising to see them carry so much water.

Srv163.jpg

Srv162.jpg

Srv165.jpg

Srv166.jpg

Srv168.jpg

Final steps of polishing the wheel rims

Srv169.jpg

Polishing in progress

Srv171.jpg

Srv172.jpg

Srv174.jpg

Thread Starter #8

Cleaning in progress

Srv177.jpg

Srv178.jpg

At last they spray the anti rust spray on the engine compartment and wipe it clean

Srv179.jpg

Srv181.jpg

Anti rust spray

Srv182.jpg

Srv184.jpg

Summary and Experience

I'm very much happy after the service as I could see what these guys are doing in front of my eyes and the quality of the service is ensured

Here are Pro's and Cons of Doorstep service after what I have experienced

Pro's

• Saves time and fuel of taking the vehicle to A.S.S. and the effort it takes to drive the vehicle in mad Bangalore traffic
  • No delays etc as they are dedicated to your vehicle and that does a great job
  • Provides you an opportunity to see the entire process - if you wish to see and supervise
  • Provides you greater satisfaction as the job is carried out in front of your eyes. You can watch out for how much effort they are putting and whether they are topping up the coolant etc at required levels.
  • Since the job is carried out in front of you - you can ask questions and clarify doubts if any. The people were very cooperative and friendly to talk to.
Con's

• If you live in an apartment you need to take permission to get them inside the appt and do the job. As the genset they bring cause some noise, your neighbors may object.
  • If you do not have a ramp for parking the vehicle, underbody cleaning is attempted to its level best but I guess will not be as good as it is in A.S.S. The sides and under tyre chamber is cleaned very nicely. They lift the car with the jack and do it.
  • If there's a major problem or if they have not been informed to bring any spare parts, they will have limited stock in the DoorStep service vehicle. So you need to inform before they come so that they can come with required/expected spares.
  • If you have to get the Wheel alignment/balancing done, they can't do at home.
My overall experience is very good and I would get this done in my future services as well unless I have to go to A.S.S for some reason. I would highly recommend this service to all.

WOW man! This is awesome. Never heard of it before.

Great to see the detailed pics. Never thought they would be so good. Nice initiative.

Thread Starter #10

Great to see the detailed pics. Never thought they would be so good. Nice initiative.
Exactly Raj. I also never expected them to be so good and professional, but they did a fairly good job. I'm happy that I gave it a try.

Hi Raj
Let me tell you , with my experience with M&M , I would say they are tooooo Goood , excellent customer care.[cheers][clap]

@ pahujaamit

Thanks for sharing great service experience at your doorstep with M&M.

I wish my area A.S.S will start the same soon.

Top Bottom