Experience at Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
I never knew much about Lathangi Ford on Banergatta Road in Bangalore till I really interacted with them. I still do not know how they were before the Figo era but as of now they seem to be just professional.

It all started the day I was about to stop by Advaith hyundai and pay a booking amount for an i10. That was the day I got to know about this new car called Ford Figo and when searched for a dealer nearby my house, pointers pointed to Lathangi ford. Putting the i10 on hold, just went to Lathangi showroom to have a look at the car. There were no TD at that point of time but they just had one car for display.

Was very well greeted at the entrance by some sales guys and one of them accompanied with me to the car. This guy was relatively new to the job but the confidence in his talk was something admirable. Since there was only one car and lot of potential buyers, we had to wait for our turn. In the mean time, he went on explaining the features of the car in an interactive way.

I had been to Advaith Hyundai (i10/120), TV Sundaram (beat) and Sagar (supposedly Ritz) and out the above three, the Advaith guy was better having more information about the car. The TVS guy did not have much knowledge about the car (or so he sounded) and Sagar, we all know, don't want to sell cars to anybody. Believe me, Sagar was the worst and it clearly shows up that these guys take their customers for granted, this along with 4-5 months waiting period.

When compared to all these, the ford guy (his name is Dilip) was much more composed. If he did not know something, he used to find it out from somebody else.

I shall cover the experience with the car in the Test drive section since it is more appropriate there. The guys there are in no hurry which means you have loads of time to have a look at the car. The other dealers I interacted with lost interest within 15 minutes.

I loved the car and was really happy with the professionalism shown at the showroom that I paid the booking amount on the same day and booked a Figo. Of course, there was assurance from them that if I did not like the car after a TD, I would get my money back.

After a few days, had the TD of the car and it was just impressive. So decided to keep the booking and for the colour of my preference, the delivery was promised for end of March.

It was after this that the uncertainty of the delivery cropped up. Lathangi was not to be blamed for and neither was Ford. It just turned out that the response from Indian market was out of bounds and Ford did not anticipate te degree. As we approached end of March, it became more and more apparent that I was not getting it in March which I kind of accepted too since nothing was in hands of Lathangi, per se.

I was in constant touch with Dilip and his lead, Gangadhar asking them about the status of my car. Ford really started delivering Diesel Titaniums only after the first week of April and there were lot of people waiting. I knew that this will take some time so volunteered to opt for Chill metallic also if not Silver.
Even after this, I convinced myself that I will get the car only by end of April.

But, BOOM, one fine day, 14th April to be precise, I get a call from Dilip saying my car is alloted and will be going for registration once I pay the full amount. It just so happened that a Titanium was improperly entered as ZXI in their inventory. When they found out this and looked at their priority list as to who was the next person, it was me. They promptly alloted that car to me and informed me.

They accepted to take me to their yard when I asked to do a PDI, nothing to hide here, isn't it? Did my PDI and was happy with it so finished the financial part too. The car got registered two days later, 16th April, due to bank holiday on 14th.

On the delivery day, I was supposed to take my car by 6:30 PM but could not do it till 8:30 PM. The guys at the showroom patiently waited for me till that time which, I am sure, was extended hours for them. Even though I had informed them that I will get late, this is worth some appreciation. Nothing was cut short in the delivery process and was conducted like it would have been done if it was 6:30 PM.

Something makes me feel that the after sale servicing will also be good but time will tell.

A Small Hitch:
At the time of delivery, I was told that the car usually has 5 liters of Diesel. Considering that, I drove the car home after the visit to Raagigudda temple. This was in total around 9 Kms. The next day I take out the car, drove for 2 kms and the car slowly shuts down. It had ran out of Fuel!. I was furious that the guys did not warn me about this potential issue. May be they themselves were not aware that the car was running dry. For a Diesel car, you need to have atleast 4 liters if the car has to start again after such a scene.
Again I called Dilip who apologised for whatever happened and arranged for a servicing guy to come to my car with Diesel. Fortunately, the car had stopped reasonably nearer to the showroom. But I am sure that it would have been attended in the same way had it been somewhere far. Things were back to normal after this and I am enjoying my drive till date.

I highly recommend people to consider Lathangi Ford when they are thinking of Ford. It is really a great and a professional place to buy a car.

Disclaimer: This is purely my personal opinion based on my experience and is not influenced by any other sources/personal opinions.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for sharing this straight from the heart review JammyD, definitely it will help future Ford buyers. I’d agree with you on professional approach part, which a dealer must have with their customer because before we inspect a car, the first and foremost thing comes is the attitude of a dealer which clearly shows and as they say first impression is the last impression. I will better be quiet regarding Maruti dealer about which you told us, Maybe they have gone too proudy because of long delivery wait-list of their vehicles but eventually time will teach everything, if they are really interested to continue in their business.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice Review.

I think the showrrom is just opposite to IIM, isn't it? I have seen so many changes to the showroom at the time of Figo launch. Decoration/Cleaning etc.
I was crossing there earlier so many times, never notices that showroom, but at the time of Figo launch so many changes made me notice it.
Good to know they have good staff there.

Thread Starter #4
Nice Review.

I think the showrrom is just opposite to IIM, isn't it? I have seen so many changes to the showroom at the time of Figo launch. Decoration/Cleaning etc.
I was crossing there earlier so many times, never notices that showroom, but at the time of Figo launch so many changes made me notice it.
Good to know they have good staff there.
Yeppy, that is exactly the one I was referring.
Add me to that club. Me too never noticed it though have used that road quite often. Seems like they have woken up all of a sudden.

@350Z Swift has always been in the waiting list period from the time it was launched. I remember, it was six months when it was launched. I really doubt that they are understaffed to produce the required amount of cars. It boils down to attitude finally. I was speaking of Sagar automobiles in particular having such an attitude. May be other dealers like Mandovi are better but for sure even they cannot do anything about the waiting period.

thanks for sharing your experience buddy.

even my scorpio ran dry when it was being taken for registration. fortunately, it stopped just outside a fuel bunk!

Hey Jammy good report!! Seems like Ford is very serious about the Figo and it is very good for them with such professional dealers!! But its very unfortunate that you ran out of diesel , i have never faced such a situation with my car(once in bike) and hope you will not also in the future!

But din you notice the low fuel in your car?? Or were you too excited about you new car that you din bother checking the fuel![;)]

But anyways congrats for your car and waiting for a full ownership report with pictures!!

even my scorpio ran dry when it was being taken for registration. fortunately, it stopped just outside a fuel bunk!
So is this so common:eek:.?

When i took my Punto delivery, there was some fuel and they gave 5 Ltr coupon and told me to fuel it from nearby bunk.

Figo is certainlly a hit for Figo. If the dealers gave better service, like Lathangi Ford, i am sure Ford has bright future in India also.

Ford . hmmm owning a one is great , i was about to book a figo and got a 2nd hand you know. Now the same plan is surfacing in home - i might request vibhor to unlock my old thread in some time.

The worst ford dealer-pondicherry guys.

You'll literally kill them. Their talks cant be said in words , you need to experience them.
Even they are changed a bit. They are good in fixing the bill rather than fixing the car!
Money minded. They dont even care for customer request.

The thing that i am surprised is no td car in bangalore. Here itself there is two test cars. One is petrol and other is diesel.

This a very well-written and very well-worded report Jammy. Very nice. Even I felt that Ford is exercising every effort now to ensure that their customers don't have a bad experience. I visited SC Ford in Malad, and those guys were pretty helpful, if not fast. Even today, they are calling me up regularly as we have not Test driven the car yet, as dad wants to wait a bit more. But it is good to see the enthusiasm shown by the Ford dealers. It comes as no surprise that the Ford has already sold over 8000 units of the Figo so quickly, and hopefully in the coming months, we'll add to that tally [:)]

Good to know that ford is improving now, earlier their service was really terrible(comparable to Tata). That was when dads office car was Ikon. As a result of bad services driver used to get regular scolding due to frequent in car.

@ RSM: hi buddy, my scorpio dint go dry when the delivery happened. two days before delivery, it was supposed to be taken to the RTO for registration. thats when it stopped.

Thread Starter #12
Hey Jammy good report!! Seems like Ford is very serious about the Figo and it is very good for them with such professional dealers!! But its very unfortunate that you ran out of diesel , i have never faced such a situation with my car(once in bike) and hope you will not also in the future!

But din you notice the low fuel in your car?? Or were you too excited about you new car that you din bother checking the fuel!

But anyways congrats for your car and waiting for a full ownership report with pictures!!
I actually did notice that the DTE said 0.:biggrin: In fact had noticed it when went for a brief PDI at their yard. But went by the showroom guy who delivered it to me. He said that the car will have 5 litres (In fact he was seeing the DTE when he said that). So I assumed that he knows better and happily went on with my other formalities. :-)

Anyway, it was a lesson to be learnt and hopefully, when someone else reads this, he/she won't make the same mistake I made.
'Cause Not everybody will be as lucky as me and Raj. [;)]

@Raj - Great that you were not in the car at the time. It was a surprise for me since I, not even in the wildest of my dreams, expected it.

So is this so common:eek:.?

When i took my Punto delivery, there was some fuel and they gave 5 Ltr coupon and told me to fuel it from nearby bunk.

Figo is certainlly a hit for Figo. If the dealers gave better service, like Lathangi Ford, i am sure Ford has bright future in India also.
See, that is exactly what I was hoping for. I mean not the 5 Ltr coupon, but that word that I better top up at the earliest. :-)
Anyway, I did give a feedback to my sales guy and asked him to take care with future customers. Did not want to complain to Ford since that would have put this sales guy under the radar and that would spoil all the other good things he did.

But the dealers are definitely picking up with respect to the customer service. Hope it stays so or goes north and not south.

Good to know that ford is improving now, earlier their service was really terrible(comparable to Tata). That was when dads office car was Ikon. As a result of bad services driver used to get regular scolding due to frequent in car.
Well, not that I am skeptical but just hoping their service will also be good. Looking at the seriousness of handling the sales of Figo, it gives a feeling that their A.S.S will also be good. One can only hope. :-)

This a very well-written and very well-worded report Jammy. Very nice. Even I felt that Ford is exercising every effort now to ensure that their customers don't have a bad experience. I visited SC Ford in Malad, and those guys were pretty helpful, if not fast. Even today, they are calling me up regularly as we have not Test driven the car yet, as dad wants to wait a bit more. But it is good to see the enthusiasm shown by the Ford dealers. It comes as no surprise that the Ford has already sold over 8000 units of the Figo so quickly, and hopefully in the coming months, we'll add to that tally [:)]
True, they are adamant at changing their reputation in India.

Your dad would have definitely thought a lot before opting to wait. It is definitely worth to wait, If you can, to see how Figo does on the longer run.

In my case, I had to go for a car and had almost gone for i10. Till now, my experience with Figo has been outstanding. Hope to see it improve in the up coming times.
-----------Next Post-----------
ilango[speed thirst];30300 said:
Ford . hmmm owning a one is great , i was about to book a figo and got a 2nd hand you know. Now the same plan is surfacing in home - i might request vibhor to unlock my old thread in some time.

The worst ford dealer-pondicherry guys.

You'll literally kill them. Their talks cant be said in words , you need to experience them.
Even they are changed a bit. They are good in fixing the bill rather than fixing the car!
Money minded. They dont even care for customer request.

The thing that i am surprised is no td car in bangalore. Here itself there is two test cars. One is petrol and other is diesel.
Hey ilango,
Ford is taking up customer complaints very seriously. Dealers are independent bodies who land up with some sort of agreement with the Manufacturers to sell their product. But unfortunately, whatever dealer does, people feel it reflects the Manufacturer, which is actually wrong.

I have heard stories about another dealer in Bangalore, Metro Ford, doing no good to Ford's effort and because of some individual complaints, they have got a whip or two from Ford.

Regarding the no TD car in Bangalore thing, I am surprised about that. In Lathangi, there are atleast 3 Diesel TD and 1/2 Petrol TD cars available. As a matter of fact, they have lost one or two TD cars when some body wanted to test the airbags. :-)
BTW, Which showroom were you referring?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
What? They give the td car to test the air bag?
BTW, I recently started noticing Lathangi Ford. They have improved a lot.
Its just my guess that someone wanted to test the airbags. :-).
But it is true that they lost a car (moondust silvere) in that accident.

In spite of that, I have seen a white, sea gray, red and white TD cars. They are promoting Figo like that is the only car Ford is dealing probably because it is a newly launched car.

Top Bottom