Experience at Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Price negotiation?

Its just my guess that someone wanted to test the airbags. :-).
But it is true that they lost a car (moondust silvere) in that accident.

In spite of that, I have seen a white, sea gray, red and white TD cars. They are promoting Figo like that is the only car Ford is dealing probably because it is a newly launched car.
Hi JammyD, thanks for the detailed post. I am also planning to buy a Titanium Diesel Figo from Lathangi in a week or two. In this regards, I wanted to know whether you were able to negotiate with them? Either to reduce the price itself or at least get some freebies (accessories kit, first year's insurance etc.)? Would be really grateful if you could reply at the earliest!

I don't think one can negotiate on price, but certainlly do negotiate as much as possible for freebies. Do visit at-least 2 showrooms to see which is offering more.

350Z

Core Team
Hi JammyD, thanks for the detailed post. I am also planning to buy a Titanium Diesel Figo from Lathangi in a week or two. In this regards, I wanted to know whether you were able to negotiate with them? Either to reduce the price itself or at least get some freebies (accessories kit, first year's insurance etc.)? Would be really grateful if you could reply at the earliest!
There are always some discounts available at dealership level and/or for Corporate/Govt. Employees, you can ask them if any such discounts are available at present, otherwise, Freebies in terms of Accessories are always the best bet. Also, Have you already booked the car? If not, then there’s going to be a marginal (2%) price hike for Figo, starting from tomorrow. (More Details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ar-named-figo-specs-pg-12-a-15.html#post32869)

And Yeah, Welcome to The Automotive India!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #20
When I bought my car, it was relatively new. In fact, I had paid the booking amount even before the first TD car was available at Lathangi (Or any dealer in India for that matter). So I had no chance of any negotiations on freebies.

I guess, you could try it out now and might end up with something. As RSM suggested, check with other dealers too. But avoid Metro since it does not have a good name in the recent past.

As a dealer, Lathangi is pretty good in customer service, atleast as I have seen.

Thanks for your input guys. I went ahead and booked the card from Lathangi on Saturday (5th June). They had hiked the price by 2K. Not sure whether this is the actual hike from Ford or not. But anyway, the sales rep confirmed that this was the final price. So I guess, I was ok.

The delivery is supposed to happen in 3 weeks. I wasn't able to negotiate on the price, but the rep promised me that she will workout something on the accessories part. Need to first decide what accessories I will need before I go for the PDI. :-)

Talking of accessories, do you guys think that Fog Lamps are a necessity in Bangalore. They are quoting a price of around 4.5K for those.

Normally the OE foglamps are more of look enhancer rather than utility. As far as accessories from dealer are concerned, sunfilms, mudflaps, and seatcovers are the basic ones.

Thread Starter #23
Hey Vikas, Congrats on your booking! 3 weeks fixed time is much better to hear than a indefinite delivery date. [:)]. Sorry that was the case when I booked my car but I don't blame the dealers or Ford for that. Such things do happen when a new car gets launched. In this case even Ford did not expect such a response.

Which color have you opted for?

Foglamps, frankly for Bangalore, does not sound any logic to me. The main reason we need fog lamp is not find your way but to let others know that you are there in the fog. So, logically, they are much brighter than the headlights.

Instead of during fog, I have seen people using it at normal night driving using it as a show piece but at the same time not realizing that it is troubling the on drivers.

So, I really suggest you to really think hard before going for fog lamps.

Sun films are one thing I can suggest since it is getting hotter year after year. Sun films really help in cutting the heat propogated into the cabin.

Alloys are entirely based on your interests. The OEM tyres are good enough to provide very good grip and stability. But going for Alloys might help in reducing the weight to some extent which in turn might help in FE.

Any idea which tyres will be fitted?.

First congrats Vikas. Nice buy.

Regarding, Fog Lamp, I have a different view. I think it is very useful in rainy season. And it could be your lifesaving, in case your main headlamps have some problem in night on long travel.
I also agree with Jammy's point. No need to switch-on Fog lamp for normal city driving.

Thanks again for the prompt response guys! :-)

@JammyD: I chose Diamond White for the color. It was a tight race between white and squeeze(green). Green definitely looked attractive from a distance but I found it to be too bright for my liking, when seen at close. In my personal opinion, white adds a touch of elegance. Regarding the tyres, I frankly forgot to ask that. :-( Planning to call up the rep today. Any particular reason why you ask that?

@Akash: The "Essentials Kit" offered by the dealer (Rs.1700 before negotiation) includes Mud Flaps, Floor Mat etc. They also showed me one sample leather seat cover. They are supposed to show me the full set when I go for PDI. As for Sun Films, I am in two minds. I agree about the heat part, but I will have to see if it goes well with the white body color. ;-)

They are quoting a pre-negotiation price of 16K for alloys. I might probably skip it, since most people told me that you will get better deals outside, if and when you choose to fit them.

Apart from these, the only other accessory is the USB cable for the music player. Priced at around 1.5K. I tried telling them that you will get much better options from outside shops, but then they went the usual "you will void your warranty if you do that" route. :-) .

I guess I will have to get *some* accessory just for the sake of feeling good that I was able to negotiate on something. lol.

Hey congrats Vikasnair first for your purchase! The reason for asking tyres is some tyres have been reported to have pulling/dragging issues to one side while driving! Black sunfilms will go really well with white color , so go for it!

And i also suggest you go for fog lamps based on the reasons said by both Akash and RSM!

And also try to get mudflaps , seatcovers , idols , perfumes , bodycover and still there will be many more if you enquire them!

Alloys though outside it maybe a bit costlier you will surely get great designs matching with your white Figo!

@vikas- you can go for dark grey film on your car. Even i have a white car and dark grey tints, you can have a look at it in my album. As for alloys and tires, you better get them from outside and not from dealer. Also if you plan to get them then purchase them now since now you will be able to get a better price for your OE rims and tires.

Thread Starter #28
@Vikas, +1 with Akash with the sun film. It will look fabulous on a white car. If you plan to go for sun films, enquire them at Lathangi for a quotation. I got mine fitted outside at a shop in Jayanagar 5th Block for 2K. So if you are interested, let me know and I can guide you to that shop. He is a reliable guy and trust worthy, atleast better than going to JC road shops.

Regarding tyres, the reason I asked was that Apollo tyres had a weird issue with Figo where the car used to swirl to the left. This was also accepted by Ford and they rectified it on those car which fell into one particular batch. Goodyear is a safe bet, so if you get them, you should be fine.

Did you get the Ebony dash or the Coral dash?

Looking forward to your ownership report and lot of pics of the beauty. Also looking forward to more interaction with you as your ownership grows. [:)]

@RSM - +1 on your view. If you use the fog lamps under very tough visibility conditions, that would be apt.

Last edited:
@Vikas, +1 with Akash with the sun film. It will look fabulous on a white car. If you plan to go for sun films, enquire them at Lathangi for a quotation. I got mine fitted outside at a shop in Jayanagar 5th Block for 2K. So if you are interested, let me know and I can guide you to that shop. He is a reliable guy and trust worthy, atleast better than going to JC road shops.

Regarding tyres, the reason I asked was that Apollo tyres had a weird issue with Figo where the car used to swirl to the left. This was also accepted by Ford and they rectified it on those car which fell into one particular batch. Goodyear is a safe bet, so if you get them, you should be fine.

Did you get the Ebony dash or the Coral dash?

Looking forward to your ownership report and lot of pics of the beauty. Also looking forward to more interaction with you as your ownership grows. [:)]

@RSM - +1 on your view. If you use the fog lamps under very tough visibility conditions, that would be apt.
Thanks, I will definitely let you know if and when I decide to get the sun film fitted from outside. I took the ebony dash. Wife and me thought that coral looked at par or even better than ebony when viewed from inside, but didn't share the same opinion about the view from outside front.

I am yet to check on the tyres. Currently out of station. Will need to get it confirmed when I get back on Monday. Did you get the tyres changed through Lathangi itself? If yes, how much did they charge?

And yes, I am definitely looking forward to a more detailed level of interaction with you, once I get the car. :-)

One important question. I haven't finalized on the loan yet. Do you have any recommendations? SBI seems to have a good offer going, but I've been reading bad reviews about how long they take to sanction the loan.

On similar lines, would it help to get the car insurance from outside or should I stick to taking it through Lathangi?

Top Bottom