Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Nice Dear harry10, Hope you got all the original ones.​

MY SHALDAN CAR PERFUME- SQUASH- if you keep your car most of the time outdoor and under the sun, please wrap the container with aluminium foil, by creating enough holes to control melting of gel to avoid over fragrance & increase duration of time.

FORMULA 1 SPRAY WAX – Spray waxes are easy way to get a shinning coat without much stress. This partially liquid car wax, easy to use…just spray on and wipe off. Spray waxes contain Carnauba, silicone micro polishers and UV fighting materials to take care of your car's paint. But they will be good only on well-maintained car paint surface. Though they claim that the protection lasts for up to 12 months, practically it is good to top up every 3 to 4 months, especially after your car's periodical service.
My suggestion - First apply a good Carnauba wax correctly. This will help ensure the longevity of your wax job. Properly buffing the paste wax should give your car the shine you've been looking for, and thus maintaining the factory look is simple with spray wax. Spray on the wax and spread it evenly over the surface of the car. That's all there is to it.

AMWAY SILICON GLAZE – I have found one more use of this wonder liquid. My cloth when soiled with grease while working with my car, apply over the stain, leave few seconds and wash the spot, it helps to disappear the stain.

JOPASU CAR DUSTER- First dust out by a MF cloth before using the duster that will extend the efficiency of the Jopasu duster & don’t forget to give a final gentle wipe by Jopasu MF magic wipe cloth to make the paint surface clean & shinny without any finger marks.

I hope you have gone through my write –up here:

HOW DO I MAKE MY WHITE CAR SHINE?
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-15.html

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thanks for the inputs Sir.

Yes, Car will be mostly under the sun so will surely implement the foil method for the perfume.

I got the Spray wax as i have never done anything of this sort before so wanted to try the easy route by trying the spray wax on the old car. When i will be more confident will get the paste wax to use.

As for using the MF cloth before using Jopasu duster, i am under the impression that using any kinda cloth directly on a dusted car may result in scratches, that's why i was thinking of using the duster direct. Correct me if i am wrong.

I have read that. Making a white car shine is a very tough job. but, I wish to implement your method as and when i can.

Thread Starter #47

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear harry10

Just imagine where the dusts particle goes while they are wiped by the duster… it is simply absorbed by the wax coated jute/cotton threads due to their electrostatic property and all those can’t be dissolved.

Anything whether duster or MF will create swirls depends upon the layer of dust as well as the kind of wax protective layer over clear coat. If the clear coat is not protected by a good coat / layer of wax, swirls are inevitable.

Simple dusting out is not a right answer in case of excessive layer of dust or dust with moisture over our car. Proper washing is only the right way.

A good quality plush size microfiber towel is good, traps the dust particles due to their electrostatic property, if properly used on nicely waxed cars. I pat lightly or gently over the surface before using the duster, It definitely extends the life of the duster.

The efficiency of the Jopasu duster is good as long as it is not washed. In case, if it is too dirty you can just try washing with mild soap, in cold soft water (not hard & salt water) and drying @interior and definitely not under the sun. If the efficiency is lost, better replace with a newer one.

Regarding MY SHALDAN, While wrapping the container with aluminum foil, don’t wrap the full container, just put on top below the plastic lid grill as a layer and cut and remove neatly around, so as not to spoil the look of the container.

Sorry, I missed to respond to your query MrAnkur.
I could not find any such schools in India. This is really a good idea and an emerging art ; people should come out with such certified courses for self-employment, like auto technician.
One such good school abroad is: School information and credentials.
Today , the analysis over internet is our best guide & our personal experience is the best teacher.​
Thank you sir for your reply.

Dear harry10

Just imagine where the dusts particle goes while they are wiped by the duster… it is simply absorbed by the wax coated jute/cotton threads due to their electrostatic property and all those can’t be dissolved.

Anything whether duster or MF will create swirls depends upon the layer of dust as well as the kind of wax protective layer over clear coat. If the clear coat is not protected by a good coat / layer of wax, swirls are inevitable.

Simple dusting out is not a right answer in case of excessive layer of dust or dust with moisture over our car. Proper washing is only the right way.

A good quality plush size microfiber towel is good, traps the dust particles due to their electrostatic property, if properly used on nicely waxed cars. I pat lightly or gently over the surface before using the duster, It definitely extends the life of the duster.

The efficiency of the Jopasu duster is good as long as it is not washed. In case, if it is too dirty you can just try washing with mild soap, in cold soft water (not hard & salt water) and drying @interior and definitely not under the sun. If the efficiency is lost, better replace with a newer one.

Regarding MY SHALDAN, While wrapping the container with aluminum foil, don’t wrap the full container, just put on top below the plastic lid grill as a layer and cut and remove neatly around, so as not to spoil the look of the container.
Thank you for detailed information. As per the instructions did my first wash and coming week will do the wax work as well.
It made me understand the importance of MF cloth and Jopasu is extremely good for removing dust without wash.

I got the My Shaldan perfume. It doesn't comes with any tape at the bottom so it can be stick on the dashboard like other perfumes do. Any pointers what to do?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thank you for detailed information.
I got the My Shaldan perfume. It doesn't comes with any tape at the bottom so it can be stick on the dashboard like other perfumes do. Any pointers what to do?
Never ever put MyShaldan perfume on the dashboard as it would melt & evaporate the gel soon. It is designed for the cup holders, keep it down, preferably inside the car.

very informative,sir
regarding the use of clay could you tell me where it is available with the clay lubricant very keen to use it on my dads ambassadoor.
regarding my way of washing is
1. hose the car starting from the top.
2. use few drops of liquid dish washer lime based in a bucket full of water .
section by section rub it with rotation type.
3. then hose down till the soap clears up .
4. dry . start from one point keep moving till point end.without removing the cloth. so that water dosent stay there. dry completely. never used
wax,or polish or clay .want to try it .
where do we get the products like clay,dusters,brushes,buffing machine etc mostly the car accessories dont have most of them other then perfumes,and limited products
am i doing the correct way of washing .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #53

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
very informative,sir .... completely. never used
wax,or polish or clay .want to try it .
where do we get the products like clay,dusters,brushes,buffing machine etc mostly the car accessories dont have most of them other then perfumes,and limited products am I doing the correct way of washing .
Thanks speedodude for your visit to my thread.

Dish wash liquid is good for foot mats and tyre cleaning but not for the paint surface as it will strip out the wax layer. It is ok as your car was not waxed earlier.

But after polishing and waxing avoid using dish wash liquid.

You can check up here for online purchase or try to find out some trust worthy auto accessory shops in your local area for a genuine product.

Car Care & Fresheners - Buy Car Wash Shampoos, Cleaning Kits, Glass Cleaner, Wax Polish

Detailed Clean India - Car Care Products | Car Detailing Products India

You can read this as how I clean my car ALBUS :
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-15.html

All the best to you.

Last edited:
Dear Dr. Mudhan,

You mentioned 3 steps for protecting the paint and make it shining
Preparation – Protection – Preservation

Under preparation you explained in detail about how to apply shampoo.

Could you please explain in the similar way about Protection and Preservation. How to carry out these process, what are the tools and techniques we should use and the right product.(However you already mentioned many products).

This will give us details of the complete process in a systematic way.
Waiting for your detailed post.

Your thread is being silent for such a long time. Whats your pick on wash mitt?, almost zeroed on formula1 super mitt from autofresh.in. How autofresh to deal with, has any one experienced.

Dear Dr. Mudhan,

What wax would you suggest for my PEARL WHITE new car. I prefer rich tone and NOT wet shine looks. Should I go for natural wax? It seems that hard/paste wax in a tin is easy to apply with applicator! Which wax I should buy? Will they contain abrasives and may damage car paint?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Very well explained and brilliantly written Dr Mudhan. Kudos for your time and patience.
This thread definitely deserves its 5 star.

I guess you can compile an eBook or a PDF with all your posts on car detailing with those pictures. So in future whoever wants to get a detailed information on car care/detailing can just download the PDF and follow blindly.

I too own a white beauty. Would love to keep her in great condition but I might not be able to do the waxing/claying part.

Once again appreciate your efforts SIR.

Dear Dr. Mudhan,

I have started reading your Albus threads. What a pool of information!

You have suggested Poorboys natty paste wax for my pearl white new car, I intend to buy and use it. Some people are also using Formula 1 carnauba wax, how is it? It seems to be inexpensive.

Please suggest from your experience: if my car is under shade and used only on week-ends and I pressure wash it every Sunday, can I just shampoo it once a month and apply a coat of wax (poorboys natty etc) may be once every two months? Will it protect the shine? Or Do I have to use sealant too. I am not for too much shiney looks but for rich shine tone.

Thanks in advance.[clap]

Car Washing Mitts & Microfiber Hand Applicator Pads From China

Hello all,

I bought some car washing mitts and microfiber hand applicator pads from china (Aliexpress) and got them today. Its the first time I have received big pack that weights more then 1 kg.

Previously, I tried some cheap (approx Rs. 200 for 3 pcs) gloves type mitts found in Indian online stores but they were small to fit my hands, inner cloth is polyester, bad stitching, less microfiber thread counts which causes inner polyester to wipe on car surface and won't last long. There might be better mitts but not easy to find one. As of microfiber applicator pads, only one brand that sells those is Mother's in India, which costs Rs. 350 approx for 2 pcs.

Review:

Sponge Type Mitt - Very good quality and excellent stitching work. The inside sponge is firm to hold and inner cloth is a microfiber (Unlike polyester in gloves type mitt) and the microfiber threads are more and stitched closely. On the other side, the cloth is made of polyester I guess (which doesn't matter since it doesn't touch the car surface) and there is a elastic belt to hold the mitt in hand. Costs approx 9 USD for 3 pcs pack.

Microfiber Applicator Pads - Good quality, similar Mother's and inside sponge is firm. There is even a cover made of microfiber on one side to hold the pad in hand. Stitching work is good but pad shape isn't round, not a problem though. Costs approx 8 USD for 10 pcs pack.

I don't know whether there are cheaper listings of these items but the seller from who I bought, is very good. He/she shipped over Hong Kong post on request without any extra costs, otherwise I had to wait 2 months more if sent via China Post. [;)]

Links:
5" Microfiber Applicator Pads x10
Sponge Type Mitts x3

Photos:

20150302_130504_BEST.jpg
20150302_151835_BEST.jpg
20150302_152240_BEST.jpg
20150302_152320_BEST.jpg

Hope you guys liked these stuffs and I highly recommend to buy these.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom