Exclusive Report: Global Hyundai Club Invitation, South Korea

Congrats Vibhor to have become the first 'phoren' returned TAIndian[clap].

Isn't it lovely, the recognition we are getting lately from international auto makers. Yippee!!

I am sanguine that this is the beginning of many great things to come. To paraphrase Neil Armstrong, then: "a small step for 350Z, a giant leap for TAI" :biggrin:.

Excellent photographs, did the Seoul weather had a hand it it?

Please share some 'inside' news too, what are Hyundai's plans for world domination?

Great report again. Rated same as the hotel where you had stayed at Seoul - 5 Stars.

Come on everybody, 3 cheers for The Automotive India:

Hip

Hip

Hoorrayyyy!!

Ooh la la
I am feeling Jealous of our admin. Why did Hyundai not invite me :( ?

Jokes apart it seems you had an amazing experience. The write up and coverage by 350Z is excellent. Am just drooling on Hyundai's set up and their cars. No wonder Hyundai is doing great in India because they are proactive to customers feedback. The new Grand is an example.

ps > which camera did you use to cover the event?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent stuff Vibhor. WOW Man..It is really is a great feeling that we were invited by Hyundai. Great write up, loved every bit of it and enjoyed completely.

One complaint, why you are not there in the photographs OR I missed you.

Next time around do not forget us / me. We can also be a part of party. wat say [;)]

This is just great! Hyundai recognizing an Indian forum and inviting people is a great thing of how a manufacturer should be, great write-up 350Z, loved the review and photos were excellent, to the point and extra-ordinary, only thing missing is you in those photos.

Never knew Hyundai had such a big plant and a test-track of their own, it's time i change my perception on hyundai cars who is no a common maufacturer like others.

BTW, is the I10 grand sold there?

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for beautiful compliments. It’s a team effort after all and each one of us is equally responsible for this achievement. Buckle up. There’s much more in store ahead. [thumbsup]

Wow!That's so nice of Hyundai. Really sad you forgot to get an IDL.I think you will have one handy for the next time.
Sure thing. Not getting to drive was a temporary grief for me but the overall trip made up for it.

BTW the next time you need an International driver, do contact me, I may apply for one soon
Thanks, Akash and congrats in advance. I would wait for international auto scene updates from your end.

Road sense is something we as drivers have to learn in India. We are rated as one of the worst's when it comes to Pedestrians safety. Deaths due to road traffic accidents is also highest in India. Its one area which needs massive improvement and I think we as a huge automotive community should initiate a revolution in this field by providing knowledge and awareness to the masses as well as press the authorities to take relevant actions.
You know what; Korean driving sense somewhat left an effect on me too. It’s not that I used to drive rash earlier but now I find myself a more sedate driver.

“Be the change you wish to see”. – Mahatma Gandhi :smile:

Never knew Hyundai had such a big plant and a test-track of their own, it's time i change my perception on hyundai cars who is no a common maufacturer like others.
True. Manner through which Hyundai is transforming its image from a low-cost carmaker to a premium one is quite commendable and worth taking a lesson for a few others.

BTW, is the I10 grand sold there?
Not yet.

Excellent photographs, did the Seoul weather had a hand it it?
I doubt but our paparazzis sure had a hand it in. Two photographers did a lot of hard work. I owe them for the official images which I still flip through to relive those moments.

He was our 24x7 photographer. I'll source the image of videographer too and add it soon.

hyundai-photographer.jpg

PS: Thanks to Rodrigo (From Costa Rica) for the above image!​

Drive Safe,
350Z

I work at Kia and Hyundai and get to drive a lot of the new cars. I do like them and quality is good but I still prefer going for a Japanese car or even better European.
Good coverage though enjoyed reading it all

Congrats TAI for this coverage.

350Z, very good write up, rated 5 Stars.

Can you please post some more in-plant pictures of Hyundai (if it is permitted)?

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team
I work at Kia and Hyundai and get to drive a lot of the new cars. I do like them and quality is good but I still prefer going for a Japanese car or even better European. Good coverage though enjoyed reading it all
Hey Zal. Long time no see? Good to know that you’re now with Hyundai. What department do you handle and where?

He was our 24x7 photographer. I'll source the image of videographer too and add it soon.
It seems none of the participants has an image of videographer. Sad but the truth, that’s what happens you’re behind the camera. You click everyone but no one clicks you!

Somehow I managed to source one (Look at the right most).

hyundai-videographer.jpg

Can you please post some more in-plant pictures of Hyundai (if it is permitted)?
We were not permitted to take cameras inside the plant. So there are almost no images of actual meat inside it. Nonetheless, let me still share a few more.

Hyundai Asan Plant

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I work at Kia and Hyundai as a car salesperson. My dealership also started Tata so I'm moving there next week. I got to take the Xenon home for the weekend and its a nice truck. I'll put some pics up later

Very Very detailed report. Liked the generosity of capturing the details. its another jewel in TAI Crown. thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom