Exclusive: New Ford Fiesta Powershift Mumbai To Bangalore Drive

Thread Starter #62
Small correction.Its called Suvarna Soudha and not Vikas Soudha.

@Iron Rock - Nice writeup.[:)]
Phew, after a long time i'm back online and this T'log was a welcome treat!
Thanks Rahul
Welcome back truecitylover, i was wondering where you were lost for a while! everytime i posted a pic you were remembered :tongue:

kudos guys for amazing review and trip! well doing 900 kms in 14 hour was great..how many stops you took buddy??

Thread Starter #67
kudos guys for amazing review and trip! well doing 900 kms in 14 hour was great..how many stops you took buddy??
Thanks Umang overall 2 major stops one for breakfast and once for lunch - otherwise a couple more stops for clicking photos

Nice write up. what speeds do you maintain to get an average speed of 80 KMPH
It was surely north of 100, and also testing the fiesta limits in some instances.

One can drive Ford all day without getting tired. Driving dynamics is spot on. I have driven Figo for 10 hours at a stretch and out of these 2.5 hrs was on worst possible roads. At the end of day I wasn't feeling tired at all.

Thread Starter #70
Indeed a excellent write up just loved it from top to bottom[clap]
between i was expecting some more clicks.
Thanks infinity, yes more clicks would have been nice - but it was unfortunately a one day event with no reshoots possible plus there were the targets set to reach in time etc. Hence this wasnt a proper review, but more of a one day splash and dash experience!

I live in Mumbai and planning to shift to Bangalore around 1st week of April 2013.I have Hyundai i10 bough in 2009 and clocked around 20,000 kms. now i'm in 2 minds - whether to let movers & packers handle it or drive myself to bangalore. while looking for answers in the net i have come across this beautifully written piece and it inspires me 2 drive.
in this regard i may ask:
1) will it be safe for my old car to undergo such a long drive
2)if yes, what precautions can i take so that it will not break-down in between
3)any other advice you may want to render

thanks in advance

@shyamguite - first of all, Welcome to TAI!
So, speaking about your car.
1 - I don't find it that old. Its just 3 years old & 20,000kms done. IMO, its perfectly fine.
2 - check if the tyres are in good condition. Also, check all other necessary things. I might recommend a service too!

Thread Starter #73
Thanks Shyam the whole forum is full of people who will drive for no reason as well [:)], Welcome to TAI and glad you liked the article. Bangalore mumbai roads are pretty good , so you hardly have anything to worry, just top up essential fluids or ensure they are at adequate levels , ensure you have no fluid leaks , keep the right tyre pressure and drive safe!

It isnt such a big distance to worry plus as Jihu mentioned your car is just 20k old.

I would anyday recommend you to drive your car to the destination. The packers and movers option is good only for people who are not very comfortable with driving. Even if you do not wish to drive that long distance, hire a driver and travel along with him.

As for the age, common buddy, 2009 model cant be called old:wink:!

nice to see this car & happy to read the doc...[:)]
& moreover personally not interested in this new fiesta model..!
congrats & all the best...[clap]

Top Bottom