Exclusive: New Ford Fiesta Powershift Mumbai To Bangalore Drive

Thread Starter #31
View attachment 53540
The building under construction is Vikas Soudha for Legislative members, a replica of Vidhana Soudha in Bangalore

Can you just elaborate the comfort factor of Fiesta.
That was a really nice and detail report buddy. You would have definitely enjoyed driving the car as the road seems to be good. And your average of 80kmph which includes driving in the traffic is good enough.

Also how comfortable is the car for such a long drive?
Very nice one my dear friend. It is simply superb with nice snaps
mate thats amazing 962km in one day! hats of to you. Was the car comfortable? What was the top speed done on this trip. Think i should as well drive my verna to bangalore just for the scenic views.
WOW man it is just amazing, great write up to support the journey. Too much amount paid towards toll !
Thank you gentlemen !
@ Mukesh , i knew you would have the answer to that one , was expecting from you indeed, btw we should catch up next time i am that part of the world.

@shailinder, more than the amount , its the pain of slowing down everytime and queuing up in some cases, i am sure we can cough up even extra if they have just super toll free prepaid lane - wishful thinking

@nickandre regarding speeds achieved, err lets just say the car was fully tested to the limits [;)]

Regarding the comfort factor of the car, i would say the front seats are extremely well designed and contoured with deep recesses/ good lumbar and under thigh support for the average height individual. At the end i didnt have the feeling of driven 962 kms(that too by 6pm in the evening which means there was more in the reserve), heck i was awake till late to watch the canadian gp qualifying :) - so that really says it all in terms of my fatigue level. Plus the driveability and ease of automatic made it so much more easier.

The thing i sorely missed is the centre arm rest, its missing! I am so used to it with the civic and the XUV may be thats why i felt it even more.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Regarding the comfort factor of the car, i would say the front seats are extremely well designed and contoured with deep recesses/ good lumbar and under thigh support for the average height individual.
The bucket like front seat design was the first thing I found impressive after sitting inside the New Fiesta. It indeed offers a sporty and comfortable driving position which one would expect from such a driver’s car.

The thing i sorely missed is the centre arm rest, its missing! I am so used to it with the civic and the XUV may be thats why i felt it even more.
Good news – I came to know that Ford is now offering front armrest standard on Fiesta 2012. How I wish if it was on offer since the beginning. It’s one of the features that I really miss in my Fiesta Classic too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i hope the front armrest won't be like the verna, the tips of your elbows barely touch it.

I have seen about 5-6 new fiestas since its release around here, maybe they should do something about the interiors as well.

Thank you gentlemen !
@ Mukesh , i knew you would have the answer to that one , was expecting from you indeed, btw we should catch up next time i am that part of the world.

Regarding the comfort factor of the car, i would say the front seats are extremely well designed and contoured with deep recesses/ good lumbar and under thigh support for the average height individual. At the end i didnt have the feeling of driven 962 kms(that too by 6pm in the evening which means there was more in the reserve), heck i was awake till late to watch the canadian gp qualifying :) - so that really says it all in terms of my fatigue level. Plus the driveability and ease of automatic made it so much more easier.

Yes Mr.Lohe ka Pattar, we shall meet anytime in future.

Was there cruise control in the Fiesta, with that you could have sat comfortably.

Myself have done Bangalore-Shirdi without fatigue, and still i could drive...

Btw i took Pune-Hadapsar route, then AhmedNagar Highway, as i missed the deviation near Solapur.

It was 1100 kms in a day.

Btw i am waiting to hear, what happened soon after you reached Bangalore.

What happened to car there after.

Last edited:
Very nice write up and very nice pics. Good work. [clap]
I am sure the Fiesta sedan must have bought smile on your face, thanks to scenic surroundings and good roads. [:)]

Thread Starter #37
Was there cruise control in the Fiesta, with that you could have sat comfortably. Myself have done Bangalore-Shirdi without fatigue, and still i could drive...
Btw i am waiting to hear, what happened soon after you reached Bangalore.
What happened to car there after.
Yes it had cruise control as well, i was using sparingly on 'comparatively' slower stretches or when the right foot begins to complaint. The thing about cruise control is its great when you are driving at speed just sub 100 or around, that way you dont have to cancel/resume again and again.
After reaching the hotel at Bangalore i had 2 options either hit out some good place around or just catch up on the GP. I just decided to catch up on the canadian gp hoping some schumacher antiques, but alas.... Also had a flight to catch the next morning back to Pune!

The car was picked by a Ford representative the same night from the hotel.

Very nice write up and very nice pics. Good work. [clap]
I am sure the Fiesta sedan must have bought smile on your face, thanks to scenic surroundings and good roads. [:)]
Thank you Ohh Absolutely it was a breeze to drive it.

Hey 'IRON ROCK' One word. That is Awesome of you to drive that distance on ease & a very well written traveluogue.
Thanks mate!

The bucket like front seat design was the first thing I found impressive after sitting inside the New Fiesta. It indeed offers a sporty and comfortable driving position which one would expect from such a driver’s car.

Good news – I came to know that Ford is now offering front armrest standard on Fiesta 2012. How I wish if it was on offer since the beginning. It’s one of the features that I really miss in my Fiesta Classic too.

Drive Safe,
350Z
That is indeed good looks like Ford have already acted on some early feedback. Vibhor also thanks for all the help with compiling and formatting.. [:)]

Last edited:
Thanks mate you seem to own a kinetic blue fiesta too ? where's your ownership review?
Oh before booking i was too excited abt New fiesta,i went craze over it that's why fiesta images in my profile picture ,but price was too high i couldn't afford for it but it didn't prevent me from booking fiesta classic metallic black.
Regarding Ownership Review i will write it shortly not finding enough time [sleep] .

350Z

Core Team
I have seen about 5-6 new fiestas since its release around here, maybe they should do something about the interiors as well.
The interiors and price tag further needs a revision without a doubt. Pity that some of the competent cars in India that are a delight for enthusiasts in true sense, fail to pick up due to reasons which could be easily worked around. My all-time favorite Mitsubishi Cedia is another example of the same.

That is indeed good looks like Ford have already acted on some early feedback. Vibhor also thanks for all the help with compiling and formatting..
The pleasure is mine. Let’s plan up for another exciting drive in the near future. Perhaps, Golden Quadrilateral? :smile:

Oh before booking i was too excited abt New fiesta,i went craze over it that's why fiesta images in my profile picture ,but price was too high i couldn't afford for it but it didn't prevent me from booking fiesta classic metallic black. Regarding Ownership Review i will write it shortly not finding enough time
I spotted a Black Fiesta Classic SXi a couple of days ago. It was indeed a looker. Please put up some pictures at least for our viewing pleasure.

How to be part of these company sponsored trips? Could u brief on this?
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Prabhu. Next time we would give a buzz if anyone else is interested to cover up one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #41
Dear Iron Rock,
How to be part of these company sponsored trips?
Could u brief on this?

I'm very interested on doing one
Well you got to be very lucky, the prerequisite is to find a golden sea horse on the tip of a unicorn's horn under the bottom of the dead sea...

Some esteemed members like TSIVipul have also tried Haridwar trips a few times but the sins far over weigh [:D]

On a more serious note though, I consider myself very fortunate - all i had to do was be part of this community TAI. Please feel free to start new thread highlighting your experiences of driving and your ownership reviews(thats always the best start! ). and yes a warm welcome to TAI!! Look forward to hear more from you.

very good writeup and review as always iron rock.

could you please elaborate the high and low speeds on stretches if u could recollect.

sorry for nitpicking but noticed you mentioned about the dual clutch system .so were you told to specifically mention about it many times:tongue: or did you experience something which made you notice the dual clutch system?

Excellent writeup Iron Rock, [:)], the journey from Mumbai - Bangalore simply rocks !!! I should plan myself for such a long drive in my Honda city

Thanks for sharing an wonderful review/trip, IronRock. As your handle mention you are sure an Iron Rock person to cover the distance on time.

Nice write-up. You covered all the bases of the road-trip. Now I m like dying to read the detailed review of the car.

Your road trip has actually made me put Fiesta automatic as one of the choices for my next car. A detailed review may help further.

Thank you.

Top Bottom