Exclusive: New Ford Fiesta Powershift Mumbai To Bangalore Drive

Great writeup bro. Loved it e every bit. Now same stretch in the.civic? :P how was 1.5 engine? I feel a tad underpowered actually. And how come u drove in l mode? Not standard D mode?

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Just a small request – Can we please avoid simple one-liners (as per policies). There’s always a ‘thumbs up’ icon for that purpose. Thanks! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Excellent coverage Iron Rock. Yet another Exclusive by The Automotive India[cheers]. I am sure you would have enjoyed this drive.

Do post some more pics. Now waiting for the Road test review!

Thread Starter #20
Excellent write up, what's the mileage ?
ARAI certified number for the Fiesta AT is a whopping 16.97, i am sure thats easily achievable practically as well
For the trip i got an overall 13.14 kmpl which is the worst you can get in the highway considering i used the low mode quite often and the speeds were high across most of the stretches.

Nice writeup.. So any chance to meet you ??
Its such a shame to come to Bangalore and not being able to meet atleast some Bangalore TAIns - this trip was a short mad dash at a short notice, but hopefully there is a next time.

Hi,

Very nice and detailed article. Nice pictures

Thanks.
AWESOME REPORT BRO. Very very well written and detailed. Driving the Fiesta A/T on such roads must have been fun. Have heard that its a great handler.
Its a fantastic handler for the segment coupled with one of the best A/T. Its funny that when we see cars of a particular brand we also think about the owners from the forum [:)] , thats some camaraderie!

Nice Report. Very well written up and nice pictures. All together very very good.
I hope Fiesta AT does make a good hit for FORD.
Wow. Thats some drive in a day and great writeup.
Great report of a drive! As others said, let me also say, great writeup!
Nice article, but back of the car looks weird to me
Thank you gentlemen, a review is in the cooking and will be served shortly (though wont be a full comprehensive one as i have just spent a day with the car )

Thread Starter #21
Awesome Pics with Detailed Report..
Thank you
You had a nice road trip i guess, Complete write up , good explanation, awesome fiesta experience. go Fida..
Thanks mate you seem to own a kinetic blue fiesta too ? where's your ownership review?
Great writeup bro. Loved it e every bit. Now same stretch in the.civic? :P how was 1.5 engine? I feel a tad underpowered actually. And how come u drove in l mode? Not standard D mode?
[:)] The 1.5 engine might sound a bit small, but does a decent job coupled with the dual clutch gearbox (which is like an automated manual, which ill describe more in a review shortly). I wouldnt say its underpowered, its reasonable, i havent talked much about the low mode(or for that matter any technical aspects), reserving that for the review. I used the low mode for downshifting and accelerating - that was some fun!! D mode should serve for all practical purposes. You will never need the low in a city practically.

Excellent coverage Iron Rock. Yet another Exclusive by The Automotive India. I am sure you would have enjoyed this drive.

Do post some more pics. Now waiting for the Road test review!
thanks mate will post more pics and review shortly. I must also add the car was getting a lot of looks for its unique color and when i used the Low mode.[:)]

@Iron rock:Buddy,I think you would have got my rating for the thread in your 'notifications' corner.
Still,let me speak it up again..it was really a mind blowing travelogue.Already I appreciate your writing style and this has increased the respect for you even higher.

But,shame on you..[anger],you got an average speed of just 80 kph driving the best driver's car that also on the highways only!!Especially when the fuel was not paid by you..

BTW,I was searching for a pic of yours[;)]...again,shame on you..[anger]

A very nice write up Iron and lucky you got this opportunity. 13.5 at 85km speed on a high way is not really good for ford.
Any pic for the interiors? and how were electronics behavior. I mean voice control etc.

Thread Starter #24
@Iron rock:Buddy,I think you would have got my rating for the thread in your 'notifications' corner.
Still,let me speak it up again..it was really a mind blowing travelogue.Already I appreciate your writing style and this has increased the respect for you even higher.

But,shame on you..[anger],you got an average speed of just 80 kph driving the best driver's car that also on the highways only!!Especially when the fuel was not paid by you..

BTW,I was searching for a pic of yours[;)]...again,shame on you..[anger]
A very nice write up Iron and lucky you got this opportunity. 13.5 at 85km speed on a high way is not really good for ford.
Any pic for the interiors? and how were electronics behavior. I mean voice control etc.
You are getting it slightly wrong guys, 80kmph averaging over 962 kms in indian traffic conditions in one day is whopping, do remember there are numerous cities including passing by mumbai/pune/other cities and peak bangalore traffic.

Also as i mentioned the average is the worst you can get in a highway considering i used the L mode frequently. For normal driving you would easily get 16+ in highways and for sedate even more.

The electronics were great and perfectly functional, more on them and interior pics will follow in review(second part)

FF4.JPG
The building under construction is Vikas Soudha for Legislative members, a replica of Vidhana Soudha in Bangalore.

Vikas Soudha 1 is located next to Vidhana Soudha, but this seems to be the other VS 2 near Belgaum-Ranibennur stretch.

That was a good review IronRock.

Now coming to the review part, i am not a fan of this dark blue color, looks are subjective.

Can you just elaborate the comfort factor of Fiesta.

Last edited:
You are getting it slightly wrong guys, 80kmph averaging over 962 kms in indian traffic conditions in one day is whopping, do remember there are numerous cities including passing by mumbai/pune/other cities and peak bangalore traffic.
I got it,in fact I myself calculated and found that I was never able to cover 500 kms before 5 hours(It took 5:10-15 hours everytime) even in the continuous full night drives with very heavy foot.Hence I can say that 80 kph average is really great for the day time drives(Rest I myself have once done Mumbai to Khadakwasla in an Innova with 100+ avg(again it was a late night drive).
But yes,Iron rock can also drive with rock-heavy foot!![clap]

Also as i mentioned the average is the worst you can get in a highway considering i used the L mode frequently. For normal driving you would easily get 16+ in highways and for sedate even more.
It looks like the i-vtec has got some serious competition then.

The electronics were great and perfectly functional, more on them and interior pics will follow in review(second part)
Its a sedan buddy,its a Fiesta,not a ....(I'll not mention the name,else you guys will be again behind me with double barrel guns)[lol]

That was a really nice and detail report buddy. You would have definitely enjoyed driving the car as the road seems to be good. And your average of 80kmph which includes driving in the traffic is good enough.

Also how comfortable is the car for such a long drive?

mate thats amazing 962km in one day! hats of to you. Was the car comfortable? What was the top speed done on this trip. Think i should as well drive my verna to bangalore just for the scenic views.

Top Bottom