Exclusive: New Ford Fiesta Powershift Mumbai To Bangalore Drive

Well you got to be very lucky, the prerequisite is to find a golden sea horse on the tip of a unicorn's horn under the bottom of the dead sea...
I think this line can be used in some speech or writing.Thanks buddy.

Some esteemed members like TSIVipul have also tried Haridwar trips a few times but the sins far over weigh
[cry]Due to a habit of quite less usage of mind,I was unable to understand that.Kindly elaborate buddy so that it can be convenient for me to jump on you[evil]
BTW,I am still satisfied and has snipped a part of that PM.Next time you try to beat me on the name of speed and....hehehehe[evil]

Thread Starter #47
very good writeup and review as always iron rock.
could you please elaborate the high and low speeds on stretches if u could recollect.
sorry for nitpicking but noticed you mentioned about the dual clutch system .so were you told to specifically mention about it many times:tongue: or did you experience something which made you notice the dual clutch system?
Thanks Superbad
I could elaborate the speeds at the risk of getting banned [;)],
Yes the dual clutch unit is the USP of the Fiesta by far, you will read a lot more about it very shortly in the review.

Excellent writeup Iron Rock, [:)], the journey from Mumbai - Bangalore simply rocks !!! I should plan myself for such a long drive in my Honda city
Thanks for sharing an wonderful review/trip, IronRock. As your handle mention you are sure an Iron Rock person to cover the distance on time.
Thank You Guys!

Nice write-up. You covered all the bases of the road-trip. Now I m like dying to read the detailed review of the car.

Your road trip has actually made me put Fiesta automatic as one of the choices for my next car. A detailed review may help further.

Thank you.
Yes if your choice is an automatic then you have to test drive the Fiesta AT, review will come up very shortly clearly highlighting the highs and lows. Thanks!

Hi Iron Rock,
Thanks for sharing. Good to see everything went as per you plan. New car, lone driving, 900+ Kms in day averaging 80+, Hats off to you.
I wish I could have been there beside you for entire drive.
Bala

I could elaborate the speeds at the risk of getting banned [;)]
Eh,mods are not that cruel,if they would have been then I'd have been banned some months back itself.
BTW,testing straight line acceleration and hard foot performance like top speed etc are always a part of the TD review,hence mentioning the top speed you reached is a part of the review,not any offense,

Yes the dual clutch unit is the USP of the Fiesta by far, you will read a lot more about it very shortly in the review.
Eagerly waiting to read it..

Still seeking your answers for post no.46..[evil]

That was one good review buddy. Appreciate your efforts on detailed content. Hope you had fun driving that monster. [:)]

Thank you for the excellent write up, not to mention those good pictures. Next time please do a add a picture of you with the car.

Does the Fiesta have that rubber band effect seen on some other smaller automatic cars?
Is the Auto downshifting/ upshifting felt very clearly in the car?
Top speed touched :D ?
Would you recommend this car (fully loaded) for triple digit speeds highway runs?
Can you put some ratings for the car like 4/5 for handling etc etc

Next time any TAI member comes to Bangalore please do ping us (a PM/SMS will do) We'll try meeting up.

Thanks again, If there are any such events/plans please do let me know, would love to be a part of it.

Thread Starter #52
Does the Fiesta have that rubber band effect seen on some other smaller automatic cars?
Is the Auto downshifting/ upshifting felt very clearly in the car?
Top speed touched :D ?
Would you recommend this car (fully loaded) for triple digit speeds highway runs?
Can you put some ratings for the car like 4/5 for handling etc etc

Next time any TAI member comes to Bangalore please do ping us (a PM/SMS will do) We'll try meeting up.

Thanks again, If there are any such events/plans please do let me know, would love to be a part of it.
Thanks you. Well the linear upshifts are very smooth, its only when u suddenly press the throttle hard u can feel it downshifting and then upshifting. Also when you have to double or triple downshift u feel a bit of lag like a turbo spool, but for such situations there is the L mode.
Lots of top speed questions , looks like you guys want me out of the forum [;)]

The car is completely at ease in triple digit speeds - very very planted.
Sure thing, if i am lucky enough next time for something like this , will shout in advance for a meet.
Wait for the review that should have a detailed rating, it should be up by monday or so. Thanks.

That was one good review buddy. Appreciate your efforts on detailed content. Hope you had fun driving that monster.
Thank you sir

Still seeking your answers for post no.46..
I was only kidding mate, dont worry

Iron rock remember I told you ford new feista is just a great amazing drivers car ? I have driven the diesel for 2 times and the auto one once in my view there is no fun to drive sedan as the fiesta whenever I have driven it I have a huge smile if ford had priced it right it would have been a killer car and it's only after driving the fiesta I become interested in the ecosport only because it's a ford car .
As always your writing was superb and you must officially write reviews for tai . I hope you do a offical review of the safari strome .

Iron Rock,
Amazing piece of write up with good pics.
Ford cars are driver oriented cars with amazing handling, steering response. Fiesta flopped due to marketing and pricing not because car is bad. This is one of the best automobile in its segment (<10L) but sadly pricing wasn't right. [frustration]

Bravo you drove nearly 1000+ kms in a day (Bangalore traffic is equal to 200 kms of driving)[clap]

Thread Starter #55
raja bhai yes indeed remember your advice and as you can see took it very seriously :)
yes would love to do the storme review if only tata can launch it
@brandoo thanks yes its the best sub ten lakh drivers car

^^
Even I am also with Raja,I too find your writing most refined and easy to understand(Only I am yet to understand the underlined part of post no.46:stupid:).
I'd like you to write review on Honda Accord V6 too.

BTW,you must say thanks for praising your writing style.:tongue:

Thread Starter #57
^^
Even I am also with Raja,I too find your writing most refined and easy to understand(Only I am yet to understand the underlined part of post no.46:stupid:).
I'd like you to write review on Honda Accord V6 too.

BTW,you must say thanks for praising your writing style.:tongue:
I am forever indebted in your great acts of kindness Vipul, thank you, i am humbled.

Regarding the Accord V6 bring it on, would be happy to do that as well.

Haha,it looks liek you are interested in V6.Great,I am also addicted to this car,only issue is that I have driven it for just 19 kms till date..[cry]
BTW,really want to accompany you on an empty highway drive with 250+ horses and me on the wheel:biggrin:.

Top Bottom