Exclusive: Ford Ecosport Test Drive Review in Brazil

Thread Starter #31
Re: EXCLUSIVE: EcoSport Finally tested in Brasil (Report + Pics)

ES is Hatchback with higher GC. So any body wanting a a 5 seater but not sedan, can also try ES. [clap]. People who will expect the SUV kind space inside will come back dis appointed. [sleep]
Agree Dharmesh it is a Big Hatch with a SUV-ish design [lol]

Thanks Ankx for the review. Surely clears many doubts as in what to expect from the Ecosport when it is launched here.

Just my prospective on the Ecosport - I am a young doctor 23 years old. Have around 8-10 close friends(even few females) and fellow colleagues of my age waiting eagerly for this car to launch. I don't remember if any other car had created such a buzz among my friend circle. Target audience seems to be the young professional with hardly 1-2 years in job - someone who loves driving, loves his/her weekend getaways from work, butch looking, a style icon(head turner for sure), a little status symbol, compact in size(Parking issues) and with decent fuel efficiency. This i think is one set of the many audiences. But for someone like me and my friends, Ecosport ticks most of the boxes.(Although i'm in no mind to swap my gorgeous Polo for the super hot EcoSport) [:D]

Most of my friends are on a look out for a diesel Polo/i20 at 6.5 - 7Lacs price or to stretch further and go for Duster base variant diesel which is at 8.5L ex showroom.(Out of reach for most at present). Some still prefer buying the Safari Dicor LX at 7.8lacs ex showroom(specially guys).
Given if the Ecosport is priced at a bearable premium to the Fiesta Classic and if we have a diesel base variant priced close to 7.2-7.4L ex showroom(base variant Fiesta Classic is 6.6Lacs ex showroom), i am sure i'll have at least 5-6 Ecosport in my friend circle within this year itself.
Ford India, Please don't get greedy this time and price this machine sensibly and see the Ecosport doing great numbers in the Indian market.

Ankx,
Good posts about ES. I am concerned about rear legroom for sure. No inspiring confidence if you need to drive for 2-3 Hrs. Again, if the front seat is pushed at extreme end, I doubt how much space will be left behind. The target audience I see are those looking to buy hatches like i20 who may shift to ES.
If ES diesel is priced over 8.5, it will be killed by Duster, while higher variants will come under threat from Tata Storme. The only version which will do sales will be petrol, if on-road price is between 6-8L, which I don't think will happen. Even if OR price is 8L for base petrol, I will still prefer Storme LX, even if it means either putting more money or waiting for some more time, save Vitamin M & then buy storme.

In China, they launched longer wheelbase version of ES which gives more rear comfort. Don't think this will come to India, even as optional.

Agree with Sclass. I really liked the Ecosports but did not wait because of legroom problem.

Agree with Sclass. I really liked the Ecosports but did not wait because of legroom problem.
Theferrarifan, may I know what did you end up buying then? Interested as I am also looking for backup option [:)]

I am 6'5 tall so I had to go for the most spacious car, Honda City. I wanted a petrol one and the citys Ivtec was punchy,F.E. and smooth. The car also is quite fun to drive. If diesel then the Vento. But i would suggest to wait because I guess its just a month or so away from launch.

I am 6'5 tall so I had to go for the most spacious car, Honda City. I wanted a petrol one and the citys Ivtec was punchy,F.E. and smooth. The car also is quite fun to drive. If diesel then the Vento. But i would suggest to wait because I guess its just a month or so away from launch.
Thanks Theferrarifan for the reply. Yes being that tall I don't think you will fit in to ES or most of the cars available now. Honda City is a good choice. Yep since I am not in hurry will wait and see. Who knows end up with Maruti AlfaX or All new SX4 hatch back! [surprise]

Thread Starter #38

Thanks Ankx for the review. Surely clears many doubts as in what to expect from the Ecosport when it is launched here.

Just my prospective on the Ecosport - I am a young doctor 23 years old. Have around 8-10 close friends(even few females) and fellow colleagues of my age waiting eagerly for this car to launch. I don't remember if any other car had created such a buzz among my friend circle. Target audience seems to be the young professional with hardly 1-2 years in job - someone who loves driving, loves his/her weekend getaways from work, butch looking, a style icon(head turner for sure), a little status symbol, compact in size(Parking issues) and with decent fuel efficiency. This i think is one set of the many audiences. But for someone like me and my friends, Ecosport ticks most of the boxes.(Although i'm in no mind to swap my gorgeous Polo for the super hot EcoSport) [:D]

Most of my friends are on a look out for a diesel Polo/i20 at 6.5 - 7Lacs price or to stretch further and go for Duster base variant diesel which is at 8.5L ex showroom.(Out of reach for most at present). Some still prefer buying the Safari Dicor LX at 7.8lacs ex showroom(specially guys).
Given if the Ecosport is priced at a bearable premium to the Fiesta Classic and if we have a diesel base variant priced close to 7.2-7.4L ex showroom(base variant Fiesta Classic is 6.6Lacs ex showroom), i am sure i'll have at least 5-6 Ecosport in my friend circle within this year itself.
Ford India, Please don't get greedy this time and price this machine sensibly and see the Ecosport doing great numbers in the Indian market.
Hi GM88

Completely agree to your points [clap]

+ 1

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39

Wow FerrarFan

Even i am a Big Fan of the HONDAs back in India

If you are wanting a petrol sedan / hatch in India, it should be blindly the City & JAZZ - PERIOD [:)]

No other car will satisfy your hunger like an IVTEC engine and that too which is very frugal [clap]

Top Bottom