Exclusive! Ford EcoSport Makes Global Premiere (Variants Leaked! Pg.98)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TAI Exclusive! Ford EcoSport Official Website Link

Ford EcoSport revealed

Ford EcoSport on sale in India end 2012. Estimated starting price around Rs 8lakh.

EcoSport designed after feedback from Indian consumers. Water wading capability during monsoon important

Ecosport will have all-new 1-litre 3-cyl turbo charged direct-injection petrol engine! Power of 1.6, economy of 1.2

Attachments

I don't know how I ignored this thread for so long, I was just going through the Ford India website and saw the news for EcoSport !! Came back to TAI in anticipation of disclosing about it here, disappointed !! It was already here, ages ago. I am too slow I guess. [sleep]

Anyway, has Ford disclosed its prices yet ? I hope they do not repeat the mistake they did with the New Fiesta. With the looks this machine is carrying, it could again become a game changer after XUV500, if placed appropriately !!

My guess would be around between 9.5L to 12L bracket.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Exclusive! New Ford EcoSport Makes Global Premiere. High-Res. Images, Updates, Videos and Interview Direct from the Event Coming Soon.

Ford EcoSport.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice, but the front seems to be a bit overdone. Trying for a look similar to the Fortuner? I love the alloys though, Ford alloys are generally mediocre in looks.

Re: Exclusive! Ford EcoSport Makes Global Premiere (Coverage on Pg.3)

[cheers]Its look good.Pricing should be done carefully ,don't blunder like what they did to Fiesta.This SUV can start a new segment in India.

350Z

Core Team
Ford Globally Unveils New EcoSport Lifestyle SUV at New Delhi

Today was a big day for Ford Motor Company because the American manufacturer officially unveiled the much anticipated all-new EcoSport SUV at Delhi for the first time in the world. Since it was just an unveil ceremony – Ford officials were tight lipped to disclose any vital information about the car like its price, export markets etc. to the media. However, during the press briefing, head honchos of Ford told us some of the following first hand information:

- EcoSport will create an entirely new segment in the market.

- For the first time the company has dare to produce a vehicle different from the current market.

- EcoSport is a modern and lifestyle sports utility vehicle which is primarily focused towards the youth.

- New Ford EcoSport makes use of the existing Global Fiesta platform.

- The car carries typical Ford characteristics and designing cues as it is very much visible from the exteriors.

- Ford EcoSport comes equipped with Ford’s 1 Litre 3 Cylinder Petrol EcoBoost Engine.

- This small EcoBoost engine is first for India and has a turbo charging with direct injection.

- Though the engine is of lesser capacity but it has enough potential to be compared to a bigger 1.6 Litre engine and that is truly revolutionary.

- Engine’s Basic Specifications: 120PS BHP, 170NM Torque, 140g/Km CO2 Emissions.

- Ford, at a later stage, also plans to introduce a Diesel engine in the EcoSport.

- The production model will carry the same design and shape from the exteriors.

- Ford plans to roll out 8 (All new) models in India by Mid-decade. EcoSport being the second, while new Fiesta was first.

- Tomorrow, at Auto Expo 2012, rest of the world will be able to preview the EcoSport for the first time.

- Ford Motor Company is keenly observing the reaction of audience about EcoSport. (On basis of which they might alter / position the vehicle for market).

350Z

Core Team

DSC06439.jpg

DSC06440.jpg

DSC06442.jpg

DSC06444.jpg

DSC06445.jpg

DSC06447.jpg

DSC06448.jpg

Please proceed to Page.4 for more.

350Z

Core Team

(Exclusive Coverage Continued from Page.3)

DSC06449.jpg

DSC06450.jpg

DSC06451.jpg

DSC06452.jpg

DSC06455.jpg

DSC06456.jpg

DSC06457.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom