Exclusive! Ford EcoSport Makes Global Premiere (Variants Leaked! Pg.98)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Exclusive! Ford EcoSport Makes Global Premiere (Coverage on Pg.3)

Thanks 350Z my pragmatic mind also says the name( are we at a verge of a game changer? time will tell ) - i pray Ford gets the math right and offcourse hope it drives as well as it looks

Little more info i got from net on the new petrol engine.
Soruce Ford Rolls Out Fuel Saving 1 Litre EcoBoost Engine - Singapore Motoring News - Oneshift.com

The 1.0-litre engine offers a number of innovative efficiency solutions:
- An offset crankshaft that reduces friction
- An advanced, Ford-designed split cooling system that allows the cylinder block to warm up before the cylinder head. Faster cylinder block warm-ups save fuel, especially in cold weather
- An exhaust manifold cast into the cylinder head. The one-piece assembly lowers the temperature of the exhaust gases. This enables the engine to run in a wider rpm band with the optimum fuel-to-air ratio. The new design also saves weight and allows the engine to operate more smoothly
- EcoBoost technologies, such as turbocharging, direct-injection and twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT)

outstanding pics and coverage of ecosport [clap] ford should price it in c segment territory (8-10 lakh) to make it best VFM buy! hope they dont spoil with production car and launch only what they shown now!

Ford Ecosport price could be similar to Fiesta sedan

The Ford Ecosport Crossover SUV is expected to be priced around Rs 8.5 to Rs 9 lakh and is expected to be available in May-June this year which will be similar to Ford Fiesta.

Re: Ford Ecosport price could be similar to Fiesta sedan

The Ford Ecosport Crossover SUV is expected to be priced around Rs 8.5 to Rs 9 lakh and is expected to be available in May-June this year which will be similar to Ford Fiesta.
if this is not your guess then please confirm the news source

if this is not your guess then please confirm the news source

According to Indiancarsbikes(ICB), when they asked if ecosport could be positioned along with fiesta sedan , Nigel Wark replied "Why not ?" .

I don't think Ford would do that. After the failure in pricing Fiesta sedan, they would try to make this as competitive as possible. Further, Renault will price the Duster very aggressively. So, pricing it along the Fiesta sedan wont help .

Hi All,

I guess what we all are missing here is the sub 4 meter excise exemption which ecosport will get. A huge 12% off on Fieseta Sedan means that diesel can start from 8L onwards Delhi (fiesta 9.23L minus 22-10=12%off i.e. 9.23x.12=1.1L).
Therefore Petrol can start from 7.25L.

So guys cheer up in my opinion Ecosport would be priced as

Diesel 8.0L
Petrol 7L
both ex showroom delhi for base model or may be less

I too expect Ford to price new Ecosports in the range of new Fiesta Sedan. I dont think they will consider the 12% excise benefit. As usual the price from Ford(arrogantly) will be close to New Fiesta sedan.

It will be killed by Safari Storme at this price.

I too expect Ford to price new Ecosports in the range of new Fiesta Sedan. I dont think they will consider the 12% excise benefit. As usual the price from Ford(arrogantly) will be close to New Fiesta sedan.
If Ford is not considering this than they can keep the length of Ecosport close to 4.1 or 4.2 mts long instead of just under 4 mts mark.

So a lot of thinking has gone under this to keep the vehicle under 4m mark and engine cc under 1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel.

Hence my assumption of using the excise benfit come much closer to reality and if they price it as New Fiesta than straighaway they'll be able to reduce the prices by 1.1L (infact 12% less tax on fiesta sedan) so the prices would be around 8L diesel.[clap]

Wish they'll keep it close to 7.5L for diesel and 6.5L for petrol to make it a success story like figo in India.
Otherwise ?????????????
it would be another Aria or new fiesta story or you can cosnider Yeti in that bracket too..

Wish they'll keep it close to 7.5L for diesel and 6.5L for petrol to make it a success story like figo in India.
Otherwise ?????????????
I dont see the possibility of such kind of price. The main reason is it is developed from the New Fiesta Platform and not the Figo platform. Moreover lesser pricing will kill New Fiesta totally. I expect the pricing to be in between Fiesta Classic (Top-end) and New Fiesta (Top-end).

If priced in 7.5 Lac for diesel i am certainly going to pick one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom