Exclusive! Ford EcoSport Makes Global Premiere (Variants Leaked! Pg.98)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually just checked profile of one of the participant team of the Ecosport Discoveries Contest,they have been given the car today,for a total duration of 3 weeks i.e. till 5 June 2013[:)]
Phew..[roll]

It translates in the fact that, ford is going to launch it in the first week of June at the earliest.

All the hopes of launch towards end May seems to be fading away.[frustration]

Phew..[roll]

It translates in the fact that, ford is going to launch it in the first week of June at the earliest.

All the hopes of launch towards end May seems to be fading away.[frustration]
Buddy I know there is great excitement but what world of difference it will make if they launch in first week of June instead of last week of may ? I mean how many days difference would be that to cause frustration ? [roll]

Buddy I know there is great excitement but what world of difference it will make if they launch in first week of June instead of last week of may ? I mean how many days difference would be that to cause frustration ? [roll]
Yeah, you are right.

It is just that saturation levels have been surpassed, and without any concrete date, things just get more cloudy.

At least, it is high time Ford gives a concrete date of launch and bookings. Every other manufacturer from Honda to Mercedes gives it, why is Ford differing here?

I strongly feel, with the launch so close, it will definitely defer some buyers(read uninformed buyers) to delay their purchase decision and have a look of the ES.

Last edited:
hey, were we not supposed to have a TAI review??
I dnt think I have seen it yet.
Yeah its not posted yet. Might be still in compile phase. I am sure loads of information will be covered in the review, after all its the most hyped car of the century.. [clap]

During the Goa drive it was reported that one of the ecosport mate with accident and the emergency assistance feature rescued the passenger.
Source: http://www.rushlane.com/ford-ecosport-emergency-assistance-tested-1278445.html

Last edited:
Ford EcoSport Punches Above Its Weight - India Real Time - WSJ

Review by the Wall Street Journal. They somehow got their hands on the Diesel Engine and Test Drove it
Wow TWSJ has driven the diesel as well, how come? I think(and really wish) the Ecosport 1.5 Tdci with 200 NM coming at 1750 rpm was given for test, in that case 170NM of petrol with turbo lag might have made them think ecoboost weaker than TDCi, anyway if ford has retuned the 8V SOHC 1.5 TDCi from making torque arrive earlier say around 1750-2500 rpm instead of 2000-2750 rpm, there are 2 benefits
1.) since 90 ps comes around 3750 rpm unlike ecoboosts 6500 rpm the bhp advantage of ecoboost in low revvs will get nullified (but petrol is petrol,so want to have fun ECOBOOST is the way 2 go ) and i still dont know whether overboost feature is available in Indian Ecoboost but as of now @1750 rpm diesel will deliver full 200 NM so low end pull might be slightly better for diesel but it will run out of steam by around 140 kmph or so unlike ecoboost which might go upto 160 kmph with oomph.
2.) Ecoboost is a petrol engine so in city with full Ac on the maximum milage we can get in petrol is say around 10-11 kmpl but with Diesel u may get between 12-14 kmpl in hard city driving itself so for a cost conscious buyer who does more than 20 km a day if the diesel spec ecosport has the spec as 90 hp @ 3750 rpm and 200 NM @ 1750 rpm,its gonna be a master blaster and seriously it could give the premium hatchbacks in the segment as well as the small sedans a run for their money.

Last edited:
Hi fellas, spoke to the ford guy from chennai . He has given the information that Ecosport would be launched in Goa and the date will be either today or tomorrow . He said that Ford is trying their maximum to launch on May 28th in other places if not would be happening on June 6th or nearer . And further he revealed that around 4000 units have been produced already . But I feel the 4000 units might be in production stage still and may include export units too .Ford is expecting around 10000 bookings soon after the launch .

Wow TWSJ has driven the diesel as well, how come? I think(and really wish) the Ecosport 1.5 Tdci with 200 NM coming at 1750 rpm was given for test, in that case 170NM of petrol with turbo lag might have made them think ecoboost weaker than TDCi, anyway if ford has retuned the 8V SOHC 1.5 TDCi from making torque arrive earlier say around 1750-2500 rpm instead of 2000-2750 rpm, there are 2 benefits
1.) since 90 ps comes around 3750 rpm unlike ecoboosts 6500 rpm the bhp advantage of ecoboost in low revvs will get nullified (but petrol is petrol,so want to have fun ECOBOOST is the way 2 go ) and i still dont know whether overboost feature is available in Indian Ecoboost but as of now @1750 rpm diesel will deliver full 200 NM so low end pull might be slightly better for diesel but it will run out of steam by around 140 kmph or so unlike ecoboost which might go upto 160 kmph with oomph.
2.) Ecoboost is a petrol engine so in city with full Ac on the maximum milage we can get in petrol is say around 10-11 kmpl but with Diesel u may get between 12-14 kmpl in hard city driving itself so for a cost conscious buyer who does more than 20 km a day if the diesel spec ecosport has the spec as 90 hp @ 3750 rpm and 200 NM @ 1750 rpm,its gonna be a master blaster and seriously it could give the premium hatchbacks in the segment as well as the small sedans a run for their money.
Nice post! and analysis. Love reading your posts [clap]

During the Goa drive it was reported that one of the ecosport mate with accident and the emergency assistance feature rescued the passenger.
Source: Ford EcoSport crashes during media drive: Emergency Assistance to the rescue | Rush Lane
Is it a 'Match fixing' from Ford, to show us the demo of the feature? because according to them 'ambulance arrived in 5 minutes'. Did the driver setup and sync up his phone and everything before starting the 'test drive'? In any case nice feature to have. But now bit worried about the stability of the vehicle though. Higher CG vehicle always prone to topple easily. Even the actual NCAP crash test also shows it. But common for any (C)SUV. [evil]

350Z

Core Team
Is it a 'Match fixing' from Ford, to show us the demo of the feature? because according to them 'ambulance arrived in 5 minutes'. Did the driver setup and sync up his phone and everything before starting the 'test drive'?
That’s quite possible. We were given a Nokia Lumia phone to test the car’s SYNC. Anyhow, I feel pity for the Ecosport and persons involved in the crash.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Ravi, is it true? Is it an authentic info? Any info on whether all the versions will be launched or only petrol ecoboost engine variant will be launched first?
I dont think so, Ecosport will be launched only by june maybe by june 6th when the urban discoveries end, thats what SVP of NDTV quoted and popular TV and magazine shows like Autocar India,Overdrive,NDTV car and bike show etc can be trusted as they all quoted a year back that it will be launched by june 13 and its true i think, also the 1.5 TDCi is still a mystery if Ford dosent tune the engine for low end torque they will loose a lot of diesel enthusiasts surecoz lot of my friends who have Fabia,i20,indica etc who want a new car really like ecosport and what they all are telling after making around 60-80k kms in their cars is that in Diesels car low end torque is what makes it fun 2 drive or else its a dud

Nice post! and analysis. Love reading your posts [clap]

Is it a 'Match fixing' from Ford, to show us the demo of the feature? because according to them 'ambulance arrived in 5 minutes'. Did the driver setup and sync up his phone and everything before starting the 'test drive'? In any case nice feature to have. But now bit worried about the stability of the vehicle though. Higher CG vehicle always prone to topple easily. Even the actual NCAP crash test also shows it. But common for any (C)SUV. [evil]
thanx indian, i like your profile pic as well the evoque(looks like a premium ecosoprt with out spare wheels) regarding match fixing..yes it might be since the feature was praised a lot by Ford and i really appreciate their match fixing strategy as well since Ford india is struggling in India they showed that they care for safety of customer as well even though it was a mock drill, there is chance that the feature can save at least 1 in 10, and thats a plus point which no other manufacturer can quite match say even premium brands like BMW Audi etc, Ford is leader in in car technology globally and as a Ford fan i really appreciate their efforts..Kudos to Ford.

That’s quite possible. We were given a Nokia Lumia phone to test the car’s SYNC. Anyhow, I feel pity for the Ecosport and persons involved in the crash.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z for that update, Yep it looks full blown accident with airbags in action. BTW you said that they gave you Nokia Lumia phone. I assume that its a windows mobile phone? What about the compatibility with android and iphones? I see 'Microsoft' badging inside, any info on this?
Also for this sync feature to work it says GPS gives the location assistance, so is the GPS receiver built in to vehicle or it uses the phones GPS capabilities?

thanx indian, i like your profile pic as well the evoque(looks like a premium ecosoprt with out spare wheels) regarding match fixing..yes it might be since the feature was praised a lot by Ford and i really appreciate their match fixing strategy as well since Ford india is struggling in India they showed that they care for safety of customer as well even though it was a mock drill, there is chance that the feature can save at least 1 in 10, and thats a plus point which no other manufacturer can quite match say even premium brands like BMW Audi etc, Ford is leader in in car technology globally and as a Ford fan i really appreciate their efforts..Kudos to Ford.
'Evoque' should be bench mark to any SUV manufacturer IMO[clap]
Now, on topic, Definitely emergency feature is a definitely great thing from Ford. I am big advocate for road safety. Even Honda also doing lot of safety initiative in their design. Hope these things become mandatory in coming years. I feel even there should be a feature of vehicle locator built in to car. But nice initiative but in India things are slow to catch up as safety is the last thing people consider while purchase of a car in most cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom