Exclusive Coverage: MRF International Challenge

Oh Zinam you are already into the events , i thought i will give a slow and a very detailed report this time also!![:D]

Thread Starter #32
Hey Dhaya!

You can goahead with your minute by minute update.

I will finish my report within a day !

350Z

Core Team
Awesome! There are very few occasions when can have fun of watching such events live. Thanks for snapping these pictures for us, I’m excitedly waiting for the actual part and the images, Especially the stunts and race etc.

cooldhaya said:
I asked my friend to book two Rs.200 tickets. He went to MRF tyre drome here in Chennai the next day and booked two Rs.100 tickets as Rs.200 were sold out.
What was the difference between Rs. 100 and Rs.200 tickets?

Zinam said:
So we found the best place and got settled down by 9.00AM. The first surprise on track was dog running at 30+kmph. You can see that picture in my previous post. The whole crowd whistled like anything, must say overwhelming response.
Zinam said:
Then came the safety car [Ford Fiesta] very fast in the neat stretch & braked very hard! Then suddenly he reversed the car with the max speed [35-45kmph], everyone was expecting some doughnuts! But a shocking experience for everyone. That guy rammed the car into the sides & broke the rear tail lamps & bumpers. Whole crowd started laughing after seeing the safety car in accident.
Haha..This was amusing. :lol!:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Actually even i don know! Guess we will get seats on a tower like structure from a much higher place than us from where we will get a full view of the track! From our stand we can see only the straight stretch near the finish line.

You cans see the Rs.200 ticket stands in the pictures posted by Zinam under the caption neat stretch of F3 track. Those stands are on the opposite side of the track!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36
There is not much difference between the Rs.100 & Rs.200 tickets Vibhor.

Yes the dogs on the tracks & Fiesta's accident is highlight of the event.

No Dhaya! I beleive Rs.500 is the tower tickets!.

Stay tuned. Will post all the pictures & reports very soon.

I am waiting for the report , esp the naration of dhaya[lol]

the fiesta was the worst one , why did he suddenly stopped at that speed and reversed at that speed , that too in front of the crowd

Actually somebody called that Fiesta from outside the track , thats why he stopped! He was vrooming away at great speed only to be called by someone and damage his car!!

And yes i will post my narration Ilango! But let Zinam finish first! I don want anybody to get confused!![:)]

Thread Starter #39
MRF International Challenge - 600CC

As soon the first race was over. Safety car again went to the track for check up & to collect the debris if any. Few laps were done & two bikes were taken off from the corners in Ace. Siren started ringing off. Yes. It’s time for the next race. Heard of Moto GP bikes?

IMG_1587_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1592_wm_wm.JPG

Wow!! Thanks to MRF for bringing those in real! 600CC is just feast for everyone in the gallery. The sounds from the engine will put any audiophiles ICE on shame. Time charts came on the lanes & it’s time for the Formation Lap. Green lights on track, with great wheelies, racers blazed away the stretch in few seconds.

IMG_1595_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1608_wm_wm.JPG

On the track, the only driver I know is Alisha Abdulla. One of my favorite personality. Being a Girl she is proud & dare enough to take on any guys on the track. Her Badge no is 21. Yellow bike, Yellow Suits with Donald graphic helmets. She is pretty intelligent & confident on the corners, clean stretches, and power slides. Must admit, that is what has made her move up till 600CC!

IMG_1613_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1625_wm_wm.JPG

This race is a 12 Lap race & there was very tough competition for 2, 3, 4 & 5th place. All corners were really interesting & the racing line of the drivers slided & touched the grass off the track. Sparkles from the knee pads & everything I was live in first time. It’s an fantastic experience. Race came to end & the winner made a brilliant burnout.

IMG_1669_wm_wm.JPG

Stay tuned for the F3 updates & Air stunts from Aussies & Americans!!

Great Coverage Zinam.[thumbsup]

Wow!! Thanks to MRF for bringing those in real! 600CC is just feast for everyone in the gallery. The sounds from the engine will put any audiophiles ICE on shame.
This must have been nice to watch. You must have tempted to drive one of those or at-least just rev to hear the sound?

On the track, the only driver I know is Alisha Abdulla. One of my favorite personality. Being a Girl she is proud & dare enough to take on any guys on the track.
:offtopic:So who was covering her with Umbrella, some guy??

Thread Starter #41
Yes. I was really tempted to drive one of those! May be will get a chance soon.

No actually there were only 8 girls. Alisha qualified in 3rd row. So no one there :)

Will be coming up with F3 & Air stunt updates shortly. Stay tuned.

Thread Starter #42
MRF International Challenge - F3 & Air Stunt

Next event was 1600cc F3 which is dream for every auto enthusiast. 1600cc Gasoline engine pumping out exhilarating bhp making stunning sounds on the tracks. Look at the OZ wheels. Isn’t a feast to eyes?

IMG_1690_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1699_wm_wm.JPG

Only 8 F3 cars participated & its 20 Lap race. Formation was not that interesting like we see in F1 races. I expected power slides & tyre marks on the tracks. But it was okay. Signals turned on & race was begun. These cars are pretty fast & make easy 200+kmph on tracks. 212kpmh is the top speed made by the winner. He was maintaining a clean 5sec gap with 2nd position car.

IMG_1704_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1718_wm_wm.JPG

This is the 20Lap race & the total event blazed away in just few mins. Only one car met with accident, but the driver was safe. Winners took the podium for prizes. But no champagnes as we see in F1 ?

IMG_1726_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1755_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1776_wm_wm.JPG

Next comes the most interesting part. I hope everybody here will be aware of Naresh Iyer ? Don’t ? Then remember Paathsala from RDB ? Yes. He played few numbers with great moves on the stage.

IMG_1772_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1780_wm_wm.JPG

Now is the most interesting & highlight of the event. Yes. Air stunts, Burn outs, Nose Filps, 360s & wheelies. Performers from Australia & America just stunned & enthrilled the entire crowd.

IMG_1786_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1789_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1822_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1837_wm_wm.JPG

Hope you would have enjoyed the event with me.

Still lot of Stunts pictures & videos remaining. Stay tuned.

Thread Starter #44
Yes. But Naresh Iyer, Air Stunts & wheelies are only on Feb 7th.

Chennai will miss a lot this week end :)

Top Bottom