Exchange Your Bike and Get Tata Nano!!

Thread Starter #1
everything which people imagined before nano came is now coming true! if you have old yamaha RX100 lying..just sell it and get home new nano :biggrin: maybe nano will now also become taxi soon.
With the festival season at its peak, Tata Motors dealers have launched a vigorous campaign to boost the sales of its Nano cars through exchange offers. Starting from today when Nano will be available through open sales (without booking), the company has started offering its cars in exchange of any two-wheeler. “If you want Nano through our exchange offer, just go to any Tata Motors dealer and get your dream car on an attractive EMI,” said Vishal Vashishta, a company manager.
source - http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/buy-nano-in-exchangeany-two-wheeler/413572/

Last edited:
Ha ha this is good campaign!

Nano no way a taxi , they have the ever reliable and spacious Indica for that!

AMG

Suspended
Lets see how many trade in their R15s and P220s and Ninjas for the nano. :stupid:

350Z

Core Team
The Nano was primarily manufactured to target those family persons who couldn’t spend enough to afford a car, so quite obviously, majority of the buyers exchanging their bikes will not be those with sporty Ninjas or R15s, nevertheless, a good scheme indeed and glad to know that Tata Motors is still focused on their actual aim.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Lets see how many trade in their R15s and P220s and Ninjas for the nano. :stupid:
Well in an exchange with a Ninja(hardly by any chance), I think one might get two Nanos on the spot, without any EMi!![lol]

Yesterday only while returning form Vashi, on a signal behind a BEST bus near Mankhurd, my dad saw this ad of Nano which says no waiting period; there my dad started saying that we should buy one for you; ie for ME. And I was like...[lol]

Last edited:
I hope its a good car though , but lot of them make fun of them ,
i have seen service guys rip the small car at terrific speed .
even in my recent tour to ooty , a nano with 4 on board climbed so easily.

The only thing i do not like is the fuel tank capacity and and the storage space.

Err if at all i buy a nano , i'll not tour in them , fear of being crushed by a trucker!

Hold on buying a nano ... o what has happened to me , no never again i'll think about them!

I would be surprised if 2W owners actually part with their ride and for for 4W. In most homes with car, 2W compliments the 4W. So a 1st time car buyer (potential Nano buyer) will most likely own a 2W and will never part with it, since he can't take the car where ever the 2W can go.Buying is just one part of car ownership. Owner has to find parking space and maintain it with regular service.

IMO, some target segements for Nano are:
1) 2nd car for 40+ executive (for Grocery shopping or for self driving wife)
2) Car for 18+, college going kids
3) 2W owner, who has budget & parking space for Nano.

Unless our country's landscape change and becomes more car friendly, Nano can never will wean 2W owners.

PS: Here is a poll created to show how much a car owner needs a 2W - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/general-auto-talks/2665-just-4w-4w-2w.html

Guys, today I met my friend who has brought a nano lx two months back, took a TD, and boy this small match box is awesom!!![evil]

We were serching for space and we found out that there is a small boot space behind the rear seat above the engine, where he might be fitting a woofer and speekers.

Last edited:
Like this thread, i think the general public also has a similar mixed perception on the nano. But its primary motive is to transport 4 people at lowest of costs. So i think purpose solved ! Whats intersting to me is the way people get emotional about their nanos :) here's the nano diaries nanodiaries.com

Thread Starter #15
I would be surprised if 2W owners actually part with their ride and for for 4W. In most homes with car, 2W compliments the 4W. So a 1st time car buyer (potential Nano buyer) will most likely own a 2W and will never part with it, since he can't take the car where ever the 2W can go.Buying is just one part of car ownership. Owner has to find parking space and maintain it with regular service.

IMO, some target segements for Nano are:
1) 2nd car for 40+ executive (for Grocery shopping or for self driving wife)
2) Car for 18+, college going kids
3) 2W owner, who has budget & parking space for Nano.

Unless our country's landscape change and becomes more car friendly, Nano can never will wean 2W owners.

PS: Here is a poll created to show how much a car owner needs a 2W - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/general-auto-talks/2665-just-4w-4w-2w.html
sorry but i will partially disagree with this. that is because where you stated that 2w owners wont part with 4w.i agree that at 'some' places only bikes can do..but you are forgetting that there are 'many' places where only car can do. people can't go for long trips in their bike and when nano is meant for family..can you take a bike for long trip with 4 people loaded, no!

Top Bottom