Everything About Helmets

Steelbird launches new Helmets

Steelbird unveils Eve, Cruze and Zorro range of helmets.

Steelbird has launched three new ranges of helmets. While the Eve range is for women, the Cruze and Zorro ranges are for men.

The Eve and Cruze light weight, open face helmets are available in pink, silver, red, baby pink, white and black colours with multi-coloured radium stickers. They feature anti-scratch visors, top air vents and replaceable interior cushions. Eve helmets cost Rs 1,139 while the Cruze costs Rs 1,349.

The Zorro SB-34 full face helmets available in red on white, black on silver, blue on white and grey on black colour combinations, feature a flip-up jaw guard, dual tone colour, anti-scratch double visors with air vents in the front and on top. The jaw guard features a double lock system. Zorro helmets cost Rs 2,199.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Steelbird has announced a new range of helmets which offer ‘cooling effect’ in the scorching summers.

Yes the helmet has designed with a provision of on top ventilation with a small shutter. So if you feel your head and hairs are sticky with scorching heat and humid just pull the shutter and a cool fresh breeze will enter through ventilation points into helmets and give a relax feeling during driving. The helmet is an open face helmet and known as SB-29 Two Tone. The name Two Tone comes from the 2 colour combination, which gives the helmet a stylish two-toned look.

Instead of a standard boring design, the SB-29 is designed stylish for the 21st century riders and the helmet offers maximum protection without sacrificing on the style with its unisex design. Built of high-impact ABS and thick EPS to absorb any impact during an accident, the helmet is lightweight yet sturdy. Its open-face design along with an innovative shutter that can be opened for in-flow of air makes it perfect for the hot summer season of India.

Its polycarbonate anti-scratch coated visor protects the rider from dust and smoke, without obstructing vision. The visor’s special coating also makes it easier for riders to wear it during night as it helps block the incoming light from other vehicles and gives a clear view of the road. Also, the visor mechanism on the helmet has a screw-free design and opens/closes in a smooth motion. As no metal parts are used in the visor mechanism, it is 100% safe from rust, giving it a longer life.

Perfect fit for everyday use as well as a good companion for adventurous riders, SB-29 helmet has washable and replaceable interiors, which makes it easy to clean and change the interiors in case of wear and tear damage. The European team behind the helmet’s design have also integrated a designer chinstrap with a standard Micro-Metric buckle, which ensures a comfortable fit. Moreover, the buckle can also be opened and locked without having to take off the gloves.

Priced at Rs 1,349, the helmet has an attractive matte finish and is available in colours including Red, Black, Honda Grey /Black and so on.
Steelbird-Cooling-Helmet-Front.jpg

Steelbird-Cooling-Helmet.jpg

Steelbird-Cooling-Helmet-Top.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Steelbird has entered into an agreement with Yash Raj Films to offer Dhoom 3 branded Helmets.​

Commenting on this new licensing venture, Mr. Rohit Sobti, VP- Licensing & Merchandising, Yash Raj Films, stated, “Helmets are a safety feature that more and more riders are using to help insure safety on their daily commute, and also as lifestyle statement. We are delighted to have Steelbird Helmets as a Dhoom:3 licensee. The company is producing an outstanding range of D:3 helmets that feature exciting graphics based on the film, and are an excellent choice of a safe and reliable helmet. “Announcement by Steelbird of their D:3 helmet product line comes on the heel of the company’s release of their new MTV branded Riding gears, which is already in high demand. Adding one more category to its already existing vast range of product line-up is an all new Dhoom:3 range of helmets that will be launched soon. This launch will be a thrill for the passionate biker as they will be able to get the feel of an uncompromised biking experience with these sturdy helmets.
Speaking on behalf of Steelbird Hi-Tech India Ltd, Mr. Shailendra Jain, Head of Sales & Marketing commented, “We are delighted to be associated with Yash Raj Films. Steelbird has always been in the forefront of creating innovative products, and our DHOOM:3 product-line is an excellent addition to our exciting range of products. As a responsible company we want to stress the importance of the safe riding. We believe that our new D:3 line provides an excellent means of promoting the use of helmets by riders of all ages.” So Message from Mr. Shailendra Jain for motorcycle riders out there - to ride in style you need a Steelbird D: 3 Helmet; a perfect combination of design and edginess that will make heads turn while you are on the go!
Steelbird-dhoom-3-helmets.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Am using Globe and mine is little bit bigger one. Am using it for more than 4-5 years. Once in a year I will change the inner linings. I bought it at Universal opp 1000 lights and I do change linings only there.

Last time when I went for changing lining I wanted to change the helmet since it was more than 5-6 years old. The owner told me to continue with same helmet since the shell is very good and strong in it.

I am still using the Ninja with Black glass. Stock glass was with the mirror effect from outside, changed it 2 years before after many scrathes.Current one also got many scratches and most of its locks are also damaged and due to this i cant ride it with front part opened condition. good thing is allmost all spare part of this helmet is available with studds dealers.

Guys.. My helmet should be 7 - 8 years old. When I took it to the helmet shop for the work inside it, i inquired about other helmets and that guy told me that my helmet is good and strong and requested me not to change it.

Now being little bit old, color is very dull with lot of dirts/patches etc. I thought I will do re-painting of it. If possible with some latest design (Now it is plain) and this is just a thought. Do not know how it will go.

Any one from Chennai knows any better shop/mech who can help me. Looks like even I can do it with spray painting if it is plain one. (that too I should learn about other things like rubbing component etc. etc. ) if it is with some design am not the right person to do as DIY.

Your comments please..

Forgot to attach the image of my helmet.

helmet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Suggest me a Helmet

Dear Friends,
I would like to purchase a new helmet. Budget around 2k
My requirement is as follows-

1) Should have some sort of Dust/air filter as I have serious dust allergy (I often avoid Biking due to the same)

2) should have different visors like Clear/ Dark/ Night ( Is this possible?)

3) Should allow to wear Goggles/Glasses which visor closed

4) Light, Simple designs preferred.

Guys this is with reference to my last posting, i do not mind some person anywhere in India. I can send it to them thru courier and get it done.

This is due to non-availability of such guys in chennai.

Top Bottom