Server Error in '/studds' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the
server. The current custom error settings for this
application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security
reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers
running on the local server machine.

anyways , is it recommended to buy helmets online? I mean amazon or eBay?

bhvm

Honoured Member
I'm afraid the link threw an error as-

Server Error in '/studds' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the
server. The current custom error settings for this
application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security
reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers
running on the local server machine.

anyways , is it recommended to buy helmets online? I mean amazon or eBay?

Bhvm,

Sir the link worked yesterday but from today it is having a server problem. As per the link i just suggested the Studds Premium Vent Model.

Buying a helmet through e-bay or any other website would be comfortable but you can't judge the size even though if you have ordered the size. So just have a glance or have it has an idea from the internet and buy it in a popular stores in your city so that you can differentiate helmets and you can even wear it and see the colours you prefer.

Bhvm,

Sir the link worked yesterday but from today it is having a server problem. As per the link i just suggested the Studds Premium Vent Model.

Buying a helmet through e-bay or any other website would be comfortable but you can't judge the size even though if you have ordered the size. So just have a glance or have it has an idea from the internet and buy it in a popular stores in your city so that you can differentiate helmets and you can even wear it and see the colours you prefer.
That is precisely I wanted tell. You might get into receiving some helmet which might not be size you require.

My sister had problem getting helmet last month in here. Some one suggested to go for online. Due to the issue of size I did n't opt for it. Even now my son wanted to buy an helmet thru online. I told him clearly that we will go to helmet shop and buy it.

bhvm

Honoured Member
thank you, kind sirs for the info.

I live in some damm village so there are no shops here. I will keep an eye out for helmets when I visit a metro. yes even I felt that I'll not be able to evaluate weight and comfort online.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Royal Enfield Launches Limited Edition Pinstripes Helmets

Royal Enfield has announced the launch and sale date of the limited edition Pinstripes Helmets, with the iconic, hand-painted pinstripes the Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycles are identified with. Each of the 200 limited edition helmets will have a unique number and will be exclusively available on the online store on the Royal Enfield official website. The collection will be available on December 4, 2019 from 4 pm till stocks last. The open faced helmet is priced at ₹ 4,000 and the full face helmet is priced at ₹ 5,000.

Read:

I recently bought a Bell classic open face helmet and I have to say that despite Bell being in a pricer category, the value in terms of protection and looks is also higher. Looking at the Enfield products, I am not that impressed by the designs. But to everybody their own, I have my heart set on my Bell Custom 500[cheers] (it's white with colored strips) and the bike accessory shop in Chhatarpur, where I got it from, is quite reliable and renowned for stocking international helmet brands in India.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I would strongly discourange any form of Open face/ Half helmet.
Due to inertia during a crash, Most of the face-plant puts force on the Chin/Teeth area. These helmets skip the highest risk areas.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Studds Opens Second Exclusive Outlet In Mumbai

Studds-and-SMK-Helmet-Store-Mumabai-2-1200x800.jpg.jpg

Studds, the world’s largest two-wheeler helmet manufacturer (in terms of volumes sold in a year), inaugurated the second exclusive brand outlet in the suburban area of Goregaon, Mumbai. This is now the seventh such store operated by the company across the country, which aims at inaugurating fifteen such outlets nationwide by the end of FY’20. The exclusive brand outlet will feature products from the company’s two flagship brands – STUDDS and SMK – and will be available for customers across the city.

Studds-and-SMK-Helmet-Store-Mumabai-1-1200x800.jpg.jpg

This outlet will also offer a wide range of helmets and two-wheeler accessories, including, side boxes, top boxes, biking gloves, rain suits and biking goggles. Designed to offer a comprehensive in-store experience for bikers, this store acts as a one-stop-shop for the riding community, looking to buy from a wide range of new age helmets and gear. The other exclusive brand outlets are already operational at Dehradun, Rohtak, Kochi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Vijayawada.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Only BIS-certified helmets to be made, sold in India for two-wheelers

The government on Friday said only Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)-certified helmets would be manufactured and sold in India for two-wheelers.

This would help in avoiding sale of low-quality two-wheeler helmets in the country, which would help in protecting persons involved in accidents from fatal injuries, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a statement.

"The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways...has issued the ''Helmet for riders of Two Wheelers Motor Vehicles (Quality Control ) Order, 2020''.

"Protective helmets for two-wheeler riders have been included under compulsory BIS certification and the publication of the Quality Control Order," it said.

Following the directions of the Supreme Court Committee on Road Safety, a committee was formulated to consider lighter helmets in India suiting the country''s climatic conditions and that for ensuring compliance among citizen to wear the helmets.

The committee had experts from different fields, including expert doctors from AIIMS and also from BIS.

The committee in March 2018, after detailed analysis in its report, recommended lighter helmets in the country, and the ministry accepted the report.

According to the recommendations of the committee, the BIS has revised specifications through which it is expected to make lighter helmets.

The total number of two-wheelers being manufactured in India annually stands at about 1.7 crore.

The International Road Federation, a Geneva-based global road safety body working for better and safer roads worldwide, welcomed the road transport ministry''s move to bring helmets for two-wheeler riders under the mandatory BIS regime.

"This much-awaited move means the sale of non-BIS certified helmets will be an offence once the notification comes to effect," K K Kapila, president emeritus of the International Road Federation, said. PTI SID HRS

Source

Nairrk

Honoured Member
What they say, as per above report' is that imported helmets will be okay, provided those helmets meet BIS standards.
May be they are trying to encourage Indian made helmets and discourage people buying imported helmets.

Are they going to ask all imported helmets must carry certification confirming that those helmets meet BIS standards? - Let us wait and see what is going to happen!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Steelbird SA-2 Helmet Launched In India; Priced At ₹ 3,849

gfo24gbg_steelbird-sa2-helmet-launched-in-india_625x300_27_September_21.jpg

Steelbird Hi-Tech India limited has introduced a new two-wheeler helmet to its line-up with the launch of the SA-2. The new offering promises a better design and features over Steelbird's standard range, along with funky decals, and is priced at ₹ 3,849. The helmet comes with multiple air vents for better ventilation, while the cheek pads are removable and washable, allowing for more hygienic usage. The Steelbird SA-2 helmet also comes with a quick release buckle that the company says meets European standards.

Read

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tiivra launches India's First Composite Fiber Helmets, priced at Rs. 15,000

small_Tiivra_Helmets_2022_09_05_T09_21_30_664_Z_331ab09b8f.jpg

Mumbai-based start-up Tiivra has launched its first-ever composite fiber helmet, bringing a new offering to the premium helmet segment. The new offering is priced at Rs. 15,000 and the composite fibre helmets are completely made in India. They aim to offer better protection with lighter weight. Tiivra claims the model weighs only 1250 gm, making it one of the lightest composite fibre helmets available, while the model is said to have passed BIS, DOT and ECE 22.05 safety regulations.

Tiivra_Helmet_Range_2022_09_05_T09_17_47_888_Z_d35a6dc231.jpg

Read

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ignyte Helmets launches new IGN-7 helmet in India

Ignyte_IGN_7_1_2023_01_17_T12_29_05_423_Z_964cf0f776.jpg

Ignyte Helmet has expanded its range of helmets with the new IGN-7 ECE 22.06. The company says that not only does the new helmet meet BIS standards but is also the first made-in-India helmet to have received the more stringent Economic Commission For Europe 22.06 (ECE 22.06) certification. The helmet has additionally also been homologated for the US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Prices for the helmet start at Rs 6,199 for the monocolour and Rs 6,499 for the decal variant.

Ignyte says that the USP for the helmet is its ECE 22.06 certification which sees the helmet be tested for head protection across 18 impact points at speeds of up to 8.2 m/s or about 30 kmph as against 5 impact points and 27 kmph in the previous ECE 22.05 standard. The helmet also comes with a Pinlock 70 anti-fog lens that also meets the 22.06 standards which sets a limit of diffusion of just 10 per cent after abrasion.

Read

Top Bottom